KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sinclair Broadcast Group

Engaged Employer

Sinclair Broadcast Group

Add a Review

Sinclair Broadcast Group Employee Reviews about "broadcast"

Updated Dec 3, 2021

Found 39 of over 934 reviews

Sinclair Broadcast Group CEO Christopher Ripley
Christopher Ripley

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sinclair Broadcast Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "broadcast"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent employer

Apr 8, 2015 - IT Manager in Nash, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Largest broadcast company in the country with plenty of room for growth.

Cons

So far I haven't experienced any

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

N.A

Dec 3, 2021 - Producer in South Bend, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good way to get foot in the door in broadcast

Cons

Pay is low and contract is long

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Stay away!

Nov 21, 2021 - Broadcast Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Forward-thinking attitude toward emerging broadcast tech, great colleagues, okay benefits

Cons

Nigh-criminal IT mismanagement (see Oct 2021 hack...), terrible and protected management (department head and above)

2 people found this review helpful

VP, HR

We appreciate you leaving a review and are glad to hear you had some positive aspects of your time working at Sinclair. Of course, we are saddened to hear that your overall experience and will review your feedback. If there is anything more you’d like to share about how we can better the employee experience, please reach out to employment@sbgtv.com.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee

High stress, little reward

Aug 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a good entrance to the business side of television broadcasting. You'll work pretty independently, so it's good for an introvert.

Cons

Stakes can be high. One mistake can be worth thousands of dollars. You won't get thanked for the 99% of copy that's correct, but yelled at for the one that's wrong. Sinclair is also right wing, so only work here with you don't mind their politics.

VP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience working at Sinclair. While we are glad you found it to be a good introduction to television broadcasting, we are saddened to hear that you didn’t feel valued as an employee as that is of the utmost importance to us. If you reach out to employment@sbgtv.com, we would be happy to discuss further.

5. 2.0

Mediocre depending on location

Jul 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Benefits -Experience with new broadcast technology

Cons

- SBG manages multiple stations across US including stations that don't produce real news, meet bare FCC requirements, and offer no sense of community support -Corporate and local management are stuck in meetings for at least 90% of their day -Corporate and local is fine with just one person in charge of the entire on air operations of station with no pay increases with responsibility -Currently frozen salaries but corporate has bids to buy other networks

VP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you that you enjoyed the benefits and the experience you gained in working with the latest in broadcast technology. At Sinclair, it is of the utmost importance that our employees feel valued for their hard work. We would like to talk to you further about your comments and how we can improve. Please reach out to employment@sbgtv.com to set up a time to chat.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't work here unless you think Trump won in 2020

Jul 16, 2021 - Reporter
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay isn't terrible compared to other smaller broadcast companies, like Raycom.

Cons

The company is led by a board of reactionary, old white men. If a reporter pitches a story that is deemed too liberal (see also: neutral), management shuts it down. Managers edit stories to fit with the corporate conservative outlook. No respect for news staffers' personal lives or private time.

7. 4.0

Great entry level market

May 2, 2021 - Newscast Director in Steubenville, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Steubenville is perfect for anyone wanting to get into broadcasting while being able to both learn and produce a good product

Cons

Management can be difficult, but that is pretty typical is a high pressure/fast work environment.

VP, HR

Thanks for leaving a review! We know how important that first job can be and the amount of learning that can happen for those staff members. We’re honored that so many people choose Sinclair to be their launching point in this industry and are thrilled to hear your experience has been a positive one so far. If you have thoughts on how we can improve our management training, please reach out to employment@sbgtv.com as we’d love to hear them.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall positive but nor for everyone

Mar 25, 2021 - Production Assistant in Kirksville, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

benefits, exposure to live broadcasting, supplemental training Morning/night shifts Nice people to work with

Cons

Low staffing / corporate restrictions on hiring and poor management at times from managers.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good place to work...

Jan 31, 2021 - Sales Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Progressive local broadcast/digital advertising platform.

Cons

Strong "top down" management style from the top. Not scaling their sales/marketing and support staff quickly enough.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good place to work in the Broadcasting field

Feb 4, 2020 - Master Control Operator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job security is prevalent at this current Broadcast Hub

Cons

No upward movement available in the department that I was part of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Reviews