Sindeo Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"It could have been Better"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sindeo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Founder - Nick Stamos has a Big heart for the company and his former employees

Cons

too many Managers - less workers. Managers took advantage of some of their financial ability to spend company's money

Advice to Management

Should have focused on Sales rather than technology - not balanced

"Not surprised they almost went under"

Former Employee - Mortgage Advisor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Advisor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sindeo (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits make the job attractive.

Cons

Zero appreciation of individual contributor efforts. Complete chaos as the management team only focuses on watching out for themselves.

Advice to Management

Focus on your team

3. "Senior Mortgage Specialist"

I worked at Sindeo full-time

Pros

Sindeo culture, business practice, enthusiasm, community

Cons

I wish Sindeo was still there

4. "Director of Mortgage Advisory"

Former Employee - Director of Mortgage Advisory
    Former Employee - Director of Mortgage Advisory

I worked at Sindeo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid a high base salary and great benefits! Got to open my own office, higher anyone I wanted.

Cons

No longer in business. Other managers were hired based....I'm not sure. ..

Advice to Management

Raise more investor funds from VCs so we can higher more workers.

5. "Great People"

I have been working at Sindeo full-time

Pros

All the employees are great people.

Cons

Company model needs to adapt to the current market.

"Revolutionizing the mortgage process!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sindeo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like any and every startup, there are challenges, especially in the mortgage business where it takes a village to close a loan. Having been in the business for almost 14 years, I always wanted to be part of a team that will revolutionize the mortgage process to make it simple and educational for both consumers and industry partners... then come Sindeo! I knew it wasn't going to be easy considering that no one is doing what we're trying to do, but we will thrive and overcome the challenges knowing that the end results will help every consumer and realtor to have a better mortgage experience. I feel highly valued and supported by my peers and leadership. Leadership has no ego and they're always accessible. My ideas and suggestions are always valued. Our CEO is a brilliant man who leads with his heart. He cares so much about us and he tries to make his way around everyday to connect with us. We have the smartest people who are building the best technologies to help us towards our mission. And the best part is each and everyone of us has contributed great ideas towards these technologies and operation. I am very happy and proud to be part of this amazing team.

Cons

Sindeo is addicting! There's so much to accomplish, so there are long days and hours working in the office.

Advice to Management

Manage out employees who are negative and toxic and are not in alignment with the company's mission and vision.

"Worth the Growing Pains"

I have been working at Sindeo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The start up growing pains seem to be a thing of the past.
    Seeing and feeling a laser focus on very smart strategies.
    After a sensible management shake up, we're all rowing in the same direction.
    Management "gets it" where the mortgage and real estate markets' foreseeable futures are concerned, our initiatives are aligned and will pay off big time.
    You're always learning and stretching!
    Terrific benefits and a fun environment.

Cons

Same as with most start ups - get the next funding round closed.
    Time to think about expanding some of the perks or offering new ones.
    Adjusting to the change in the mortgage landscape is hard and it's easy to be swayed by offers...is the "grass greener"...really?

Advice to Management

Be careful not to swell management ranks again.
    Stick to the smart priorities.
    Keep up the transparency!

"Great place to work if you can handle life at a startup!"

I have been working at Sindeo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Besides the obvious (great people, they allow dogs, etc) one of my favorite things about working here is seeing the hard work payoff. Since we are a small team, we get to take ownership of our work and really make a difference for the company. It's exciting to work on something and see it come to life.

I can't speak to all the management/leadership, but my managers have always been an open door. I can come to them with anything, whether it's work related or personal and they will listen and support me the best they can. One of the cofounders has always taken the time to really listen to me and address any concerns I bring up. It's really cool to work at a company where upper management genuinely cares about it's employees.

Another great perk is to be able to see how happy our customers are. Every review that comes in gets shared (the good, the bad and the ugly), and it's really cool to see how Sindeo has given so many people an amazing experience at getting a mortgage. It feels good to work for a company that is putting the customer first and helping people.

I also love that on any given day I know I will hear plenty of laughter. We work hard, but we also know how to joke around and have fun.

Cons

It's a start up and there are ups and downs and plenty of failures, along with many successes. If you are looking for a steady company that has all it's ducks in row, this is probably not the right place for you. People who thrive here are those looking for a challenge, who have the energy and drive to succeed and who are willing to be flexible and change direction in a moments notice.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of building a culture of transparency. Failures happen, learn from them and move on, and try not to repeat them. Always remember to celebrate the successes!

"Great People, Great Mission! Very positive work environment"

I have been working at Sindeo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and energy. Exciting to be part of building something with the customer's best interests at heart. The company is making good alliances and creating excellent technology for the consumer. Going into the office is something I look forward to. Nice benefits.

Cons

As in any start-up there are bumps, but those are to be expected. It took some time to get the right management in place in some departments, but now the company has strong leadership and is making great progress. If you are not flexible and able to adapt to change, a start-up may not be for you.

Advice to Management

Keep making partnerships that enable us to grow. Don't lose the unique service model. Remain transparent with the employees. Give us more stock options

"Mass Exodus"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sindeo (More than a year)

Pros

Taking walks outside to speak to recruiters in the Levi Plaza next door is enjoyable.

Cons

We're a sinking ship and everyone is leaving :/ This company has little to no future after a failed Series B, is generally makes poor decisions, and now we're selling out becoming what's basically a call center with a fancy form in the cloud with a toxic culture.