Singh Management Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Singh Management CEO Gurmale S. Grewal
Gurmale S. Grewal
  1. Featured Review

"Happy to work for such a great company!"

• Overall

I have been working at Singh Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

From my phone interview to hire I knew this was a great place to work. Everyone made me feel welcome and at home here, part of the family. I really can't say enough about how wonderful they treat their team members. I also love what I do everyday and it makes work a pleasure!

Cons

I can't think of one thing I would change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "I'd Work Here Again"

Current Employee - Main Office

I have been working at Singh Management full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great people, interesting work, bagel Tuesdays, casual Fridays, relaxed environment

Cons

Salary is way under the market price

Advice to Management

You have a great environment to work at, but you need to stop low balling people on salaries. If you want to retain talent, you should pay them what they deserve.

"Avoid at all costs."

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Rochester Hills, MI

I have been working at Singh Management full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good pay, benefits and pto.

Cons

Management. Managers and regionals do what they want and borderline verbally abuse their employees.

Advice to Management

Keep a tighter leash on your management staff and take the advice of your leasing and maintenance staff. Especially on the east side.

"Mediocre- not great place to start for millennials / recent grads"

I worked at Singh Management full-time

Pros

Easy work. Pros will differ depending whose management you are under. I worked at this company for about a year. It seemed great at first, but I soon noticed how low-level certain aspects of this company are. If you’re looking for a basic 8:30am-5pm job where you won’t be challenged, will be paid based on your years of experience rather than other qualifications such as internship experience, college education, skills,...

Cons

Upper management and leadership demonstrates from my experience a poor level of execution. They have a very old style of management and it needs to be updated. Don’t expect leadership to care about your concerns. Absolutely no flex hours or ability to work from home. This company discourages teamwork and collaboration. Joining this company comes with a lot of baggage. Do your research and be aware of their...

Advice to Management

All of your policies are all over the place. Do your best to get everything together and to please address the reviews that are left concerning your Waltonwood communities. Serious problems are occurring.

"Leasing agents are over promised and under delivered"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Singh Management full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Possibility of living on site. Attractive working environment.

Cons

Owners are arrogant and show no concerns for staff at sites. Regional managers are verbally abusive and take advantage of their positions. Site managers live by their own rules and barely know their residents.

Advice to Management

Quit golfing and devoting all your time to North Carolina. Your "luxury rentals" have dated appliances, cheap carpeting and FYI Brass fixtures look dated and unattractive. Try listening to your leasing agents, meeting them would be a good start. Residents are tired of being take advantage of simply because you have sites in desirable communities.

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Bloomfield, MI

I have been working at Singh Management full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

This has been the best experience I have had working for a company. The owners of the company are very friendly and engaging. Company leadership is always open to suggestions regarding new or improved ways of doing things. I truly feel my efforts are appreciated. There is a lot of opportunity for growth, especially with how much the company is set to grow within the next 2 years alone. Good work hours and benefit options.

Cons

Some systems and procedures were not clearly documented in the past. However, I've seen the efforts management has been making toward correcting this and providing new or updated materials.

Advice to Management

Continue to clearly document new processes and procedures. Improve company-wide communication.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Singh Management full-time

Pros

People are great to work with and upper management is awesome. There is a lot of opportunity for personal growth with this growing company. The management likes to do a lot of things for their employees (bagels on Tuesdays, free lunch every once in awhile, often get to go home early the day before a holiday). There is not a ton of pressure to work hours outside of your regular 40 hour work week.

Cons

Not a ton of opportunity to work from home.

Singh Management Response

September 11, 2017

Thanks for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you're having a great experience working at Singh. We are very appreciate of your feedback and your ongoing contribution to helping our company evaluate and constantly improve.

"Fantastic Company to Grow With"

I have been working at Singh Management full-time

Pros

Great team-oriented work environment! Leadership and management are very open to suggestions and always appear approachable. It is always great to feel valued at your company. Singh takes very good care of their employees and makes working a fun and enjoyable experience. The small things, like bringing in bagels for employees one morning each week, go very far. Very reasonable work hours. This allows for a great...

Cons

Part of working for a great company, is providing great work. You have to be passionate about your work and put forth your best effort, because this company does expect a high level of professionalism and skill in the work you do.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management would be to restructure some of the processes and make these processes and expectations clear, company-wide.

"Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Bloomfield, MI

I have been working at Singh Management full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Growing Company, Loyal to Employees, Growth and Advancement Potential, Good Communication, Great Work/Life Balance

Cons

Pay Slightly lower then industry average

Advice to Management

Keep up the Communication. Communication is the key to our success! Keep rewarding good loyal employees for doing good work to keep us successful.

10. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Singh Management full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Fun professional work environment. Friendly co-workers. Challenging work that evolves on a daily basis.

Cons

Have to thrive on independence as you will have a lot of responsibility.

Found 23 reviews