Singh Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Gurmale S. Grewal

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Bloomfield, MI

I have been working at Singh Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This has been the best experience I have had working for a company. The owners of the company are very friendly and engaging. Company leadership is always open to suggestions regarding new or improved ways of doing things. I truly feel my efforts are appreciated. There is a lot of opportunity for growth, especially with how much the company is set to grow within the next 2 years alone. Good work hours and benefit options.

Cons

Some systems and procedures were not clearly documented in the past. However, I've seen the efforts management has been making toward correcting this and providing new or updated materials.

Advice to Management

Continue to clearly document new processes and procedures. Improve company-wide communication.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Singh Management full-time

Pros

People are great to work with and upper management is awesome. There is a lot of opportunity for personal growth with this growing company. The management likes to do a lot of things for their employees (bagels on Tuesdays, free lunch every once in awhile, often get to go home early the day before a holiday). There is not a ton of pressure to work hours outside of your regular 40 hour work week.

Cons

Not a ton of opportunity to work from home.

Sep 11, 2017

Thanks for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you're having a great experience working at Singh. We are very appreciate of your feedback and your ongoing contribution to helping our company... More

"Fantastic Company to Grow With"

I have been working at Singh Management full-time

Pros

Great team-oriented work environment! Leadership and management are very open to suggestions and always appear approachable.

It is always great to feel valued at your company. Singh takes very good care of their employees and makes working a fun and enjoyable experience. The small things, like bringing in bagels for employees one morning each week, go very far.

Very reasonable work hours. This allows for a great work/life balance.

Cons

Part of working for a great company, is providing great work. You have to be passionate about your work and put forth your best effort, because this company does expect a high level of professionalism and skill in the work you do.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management would be to restructure some of the processes and make these processes and expectations clear, company-wide.

"Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Bloomfield, MI

I have been working at Singh Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing Company, Loyal to Employees, Growth and Advancement Potential, Good Communication, Great Work/Life Balance

Cons

Pay Slightly lower then industry average

Advice to Management

Keep up the Communication. Communication is the key to our success! Keep rewarding good loyal employees for doing good work to keep us successful.

5. "Just want a yes man"

I worked at Singh Management full-time

Pros

If you're ever hired, don't even think about giving suggestions for borderline incompetent infrastructure (depending on department). I thought office politics weren't a huge thing here- but I was dead wrong. People will act like everything's okay and you're friends and then they'll backstab you when the opportunity arises.

Cons

Extremely high turn over rate for many jobs

Advice to Management

Treat more people with respect-- especially since you pay below average and the benefits are complete garbage.

Sep 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We value all feedback and view it as an opportunity to constantly improve as a company. I’m sorry to hear you had less than an exceptional experience... More

6. "Property Manager"

Former Employee - Property Manager in West Bloomfield, MI
    Former Employee - Property Manager in West Bloomfield, MI

I worked at Singh Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being a part of a well known company in the Michigan multi-family industry. Friendly corporate level staff.

Cons

Underpaid compared to other property management companies. Tasks and responsibilities are increased, but staff is not compensated and expected to take them on and can be penalized of not properly fullfilled. This is likely due to company trying to find ways to save money. It is a business after all.

Advice to Management

Great company, but take care of all staff members if change and increased workload is to happen. Staff can br more motivated if compensation and/or benefits increase along with workloads.

7. "Leading Agent & Senior Living Leading"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Novi, MI
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Novi, MI

I worked at Singh Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met some great people.
    Multi family didn't have any real pros, the community was really old and tired.
    Loved working in the Senior Living Community and really enjoyed the job. Commission was pretty good
    Community really sold itself.

Cons

Management did not listen or care about their staff.
    Trained at another community but no onsite training at the community I was working in.
    Saw so many people Hired and then Fired.

Advice to Management

Promoted from Multi Family to Senior Living for political reasons and then fired for selling more than my coworker who had a connection to senior management. Heard this Senior Manager was also fired not long after.
    Ended up going to a competitor and glad to say I was in direct competition with that same Coworker.
    Hope things have changed and Management now listen to their staff!!!

8. "Accountant"

Former Employee - Account Executive in South Richmond Hill, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in South Richmond Hill, NY

I worked at Singh Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good thing create some business rules and strategy and work streamline

Cons

I didn't learn any thing new in this company

Advice to Management

Keep track everything

"Not what I thought"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Singh Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. The ability to have different days off if need be (2 random days during the week)
    2. Meeting new people and some co-workers are pleasant

Cons

There are too many con's to working for Singh Management. During my time at the company I experienced so many negative aspects.

1. Poor training/experience of management - they have 'sales' meetings with leasing every month but most of what is discussed will never be implemented on the site level. Everything has to be approved with management, they don't even trust leasing consultants to run a credit check on their own but trust them to work weekends alone and handle all resident applications which is odd. Managers have a 'do as I say not as I do' attitude and treat staff as their personal assistants. Managers also blame leasing staff for any failure within the company or if occupancy percentage is low and 'punish' them. Fact is, they need to stop putting cheap equipment into their apartments. 8 out of 10 tours the prospects point out the cheap equipment and appliances that are not luxury to them. We have to overcome a lot of obstacles and in the end the consultants didn't build or design the company. We can only sell to a certain point but when the property is undesirable then they should FIX the property, not blame leasing.

2. The workload is not given evenly to all employees. Some get free passes and assistant managers/managers pass their work onto the leasing when unnecessary. Some co-workers are pure lazy and managers accept that, make excuses for them not to do something. When things are busy, leasing consultants are running around juggling people and tasks where the managers are in their offices offering little help. You have to leave the property if you don't want to be bothered or have to work on your lunch time.

3. Any sort of reporting to managers on misconduct by employees or unethical practices are frowned upon. You get an ear full of excuses covering others up and are not believed or taken seriously. Reporting takes strength and courage from employees but you get 'punished' instead.

4. Things can be hostile/competitive while working with commission. Some employees are cut throat and sneaky about taking prospects from others, even manipulative. Things get unfair and managers turns the other cheek.

5. You get 2 random days off each week, sometimes not together. Very rarely do you get a weekend off and when requesting PTO it's frowned on, so is calling in sick when you are really sick. In the summers they have extended hours where you work 9 hour days.

6. There are no benefits to working at this company. The company has a holiday party that is only for managers and at the corporate level and for their vendors - all other employees are not invited. You get to go out to a restaurant with your site for your holiday party. You do not get a Christmas bonus or yearly bonus, there is a cut off for how much you can make hourly. You can get healthcare/dental benefits but they are not that good and don't cover much. The company does not match or contribute to your 401K and you get very little PTO your first year, only 4 days for the entire year to use for sick, personal and vacation.

Advice to Management

All managers should be required to attend a human resources class and also a management class. They need to learn how to treat their employees and the proper way to handle disputes in the work place. The owners need to be more involved in what is really going on at the site level if they want to keep employees instead of having a high turn over.

Managers should hold all people accountable for work, not just select employees. The office needs to be a team environment between maintenance, managers and leasing where all parties are upheld to the same practices and standards. Stop making excuses for some but holding others accountable.

The owners need to be around more and introduce themselves to their leasing staff. Maybe attend a few meetings each year to make yourself available to your employees and show them you are present and care.

Sep 19, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback on what you did not enjoy about working for Singh Management. I am pleased to say that... More

10. "Pretty good until they lost the community into foreclosure"

Former Employee - Site Manager in Howell, MI
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Howell, MI

I worked at Singh Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Classy properties, decent benefits, some good people. They also included an apartment for free in my employment which was awesome.

Cons

Some dirty people, training was informal. But I worked for them many years ago.