SinglePlatform Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Josh Glantz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are quarterly company events and happy hours once a week (in 24 reviews)

• There is a great work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • You're expected 160-200 cold calls a day (in 11 reviews)

• There are no cons that you wouldn't associate with any sales job (in 8 reviews)

"If you work hard you'll be great"

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

- Awesome work environment and culture. Winning and success is celebrated not just by the individual but by the company and peers as well. You will for sure make great friends here
    - At this job everyone starts off in the same place. Success comes from your determination and work ethic. There is definitely opportunity to make good money if you want it enough
    - This job is not easy, there is a lot of rejection. This job requires persistence. If you are constantly asking for advice and able to implement feedback you'll succeed
    - Definitely a great first job

Cons

- This job takes a lot of persistence and can be very tiring as there is a lot of rejection. It's an inside sales role so calling business all day.... 180+ dials
    - This is a sales job. So hitting quota, making commission. That pressure will be there every month
    - This job can at times feel repetitive so making sure you have a goal either for that month or for a career is important
    - There is not a ton of room for growth within the company if you do not want to become a manager

2. "Fun College Culture"

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

You feel like you're at college 2.0. A real family feel and environment.

Cons

You will burn out quickly for the actual sales. Even if you are doing well, you still don't get the promotions you deserve.

Advice to Management

Listen to suggestions for improvement from employees, and don't tell them there are a lot of smart people who have probably figured out a suggestion. Because if they had, you would have implemented it.

"You Can Achieve What You Want, If You Know What You Want"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SinglePlatform is a clean slate. Whether you have 2 years or 0 days of sales experience, everyone starts off each day in the same place.

You will meet and make friends that you will keep for life. You are guaranteed to have more opportunities for fun, money, professional and personal growth than most of your other friends right out of college.

All of those things are possible for you here, but it is up to you to want it bad enough for yourself.

The Inside Sales Role is not for the faint of heart. SP sells in a unique way that takes people out of their comfort zones in order for them to be successful. Be prepared to grind, be prepared to follow, blindly at times, and trust that your leaders are putting you in the best position to succeed.

If you have a clear mission, a clear goal, a clear place you want to be one year from now and you are willing to do whatever it takes to get there, this is the place for you.

Cons

The way we sell is not for everyone. The grind of 180+ outbound cold calls/day can take a toll on some people. Once again, this loops back to the idea of knowing what you want and you being willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish that goal.

Advice to Management

Direction. Being under the umbrella of a larger corporate entity can be difficult at times. It's important that we all know our specific goals on a day to day/ week to week basis so we can truly feel the sense of accomplishment when we achieve them.

When people win, they have fun, they continue to perform and they stick around.

Continue to build an environment that gives people the opportunity to not only feel like winners, but actually achieve and we will all continue to be successful.

4. "Environment"

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

Laid back yet young, upbeat atmosphere

Cons

Very loud and not too professional most times

5. "When your here you're family"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some amazing people working at SinglePlatform. When I started I focused so much on work I never took a second to speak to anyone. Once the job became second nature I met one of my best friends along with a lot of other great people. A huge pro for me was always being able to speak my mind and go to upper management when I had any concerns. This is a great opportunity for someone just graduating college or looking to get into the sales industry for the first time.

Cons

Thats for you to figure out... what may be a con for me may not be a con for you :)

Advice to Management

Be transparent

SinglePlatform Response

Aug 28, 2017 – VP, General Manager

Thank you for the kind feedback. Good luck as you continue in your career!

6. "Awful Experience at SP"

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

Office is in a great location

Cons

Where do I begin? The whole sales process is built on a lie. The intro of every single cold call is "hey this ____ with ConstantContact" it is, in fact, true that SP is owned by Constant Contact but the product is an entirely separate entity. It is the equivalent of saying that you are calling on behalf of Facebook when you are in fact selling Instagram or WhatsApp. Therefore, a lie. The next line of the cold call is "I manage the business listings in (insert territory) " which is entirely untrue. SP reps dont manage anything, they sell software. The following line is "I was notified that (insert business) has inconsistent listings online". Another lie. There was no such notification. That business just appeared on the list of leads and that rep called them.

If you are currently working at SP and are thinking that lying to people all day is ok because all sales organizations lie, then you're wrong. I changed roles and my manager never encourages me to lie. There's nothing to lie about. In fact, if I lied to a prospect I'd be fired. Take your sales experience from SP and use it to get a real sales job.

If you are thinking about working at SP, don't. Just get any other sales job. like ANY OTHER. Me and my friends who worked at SP together literally have a group text comparing our current roles to what we did at SP and we often laugh about how much a joke working there was compared to a real sales job.

In addition to lying all the time. You will be making 200 cold calls per day or it is impossible to hit your number. 80% of your life is reciting the same paragraph 200 times a day, the other 20% is reading a 7-page script (most of which is a lie) .

Advice to Management

It was a good run. Pack it up and end it.

SinglePlatform Response

Aug 24, 2017 – VP, General Manager

Feedback, both positive and constructive, plays a major role in how we optimize our business and our culture. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

First and foremost, trust... More

7. "Sales team"

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

Great work atmosphere, great people, fun environment

Cons

The job is very repetitive and can sometimes be difficult to get creative while "sticking to the process"

8. "Business Analyst"

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere and great people to work with. You are compensated very well and the managers truly care about your success. Company happy hours and sales incentives make this a very energetic and "team" atmosphere. Monthly incentives and competitions to earn more and be rewarded. Overall, this is a tough job, but you get out what you put in. The people and management are great. The sales experience you will learn is second to none.

Cons

High turnover. Making over 200 cc a day. Might not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep being a local favorite

"Welcome to the Call Center that is SP"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really liked the people that were in my training class and I liked that we were able to stay together in the hunter zone. It lead to some friendships that have maintained strong even with none of us working at SP anymore.

Cons

Walking into work everyday and putting on that headset to lie to customers about how they need to "fix wrong information" on public sites when in actuality we were lying to them in order to make the sale the next day made me feel extremely slimy. Not only were we expected to harass these small restaurants everyday but we were also told that this was "the most important call" that these owners were receiving all day. Because of that mentality, we were told to be pushy aka overly rude and aggressive when we couldn't get the owner's phone number, or if the owner saw through the lie.

Not only is the whole script a lie but also the "doable" numbers that we are expected to hit straight out of training are difficult to hit. It leads to a very stressful environment towards the end of the month. Not only will you not get your commission check but there is a strong chance of you getting fired regardless of how many meetings you create or how your effort metrics look (200 dials, 220 minutes of talk time).

Whenever I needed help with anything, my manager was nowhere to be found. When I finally was able to get a hold of her, she was hardly ever that helpful and quite honestly made me feel like I was putting her out for asking a question.

If you are looking to work for SinglePlatform, I highly recommend thinking strongly about if you want to work at a call center. Also don't believe what the people interviewing you say. I was not told about any of this.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent in the interview process, actually listen and help your team (esp for one month hunters who have no idea what to do). Stop with the email chains that belittle people who aren't hitting their goals (it doesn't make people want to work any harder).

Change the cold call to something that isn't a lie. Maybe actually tell them what it is that we do so that these owners don't get angry. One day pitch should also be a thing because if you have an owner on the phone now, the odds go down that they will pick up tomorrow especially when they know it is a sales pitch.

"Senior Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The main reason anyone sticks around is for the money and the people, there is really a great group of people that work here and they become your family and friends!

Cons

To be quite frank, the job really sucks. After doing it for about three years or so it is really just the same thing day after day. Cold calling, pitching new people the product, and then trying to get there credit card. They teach you to not hang up the phone and keep talking to these business owners in the hopes of convincing them that they need singleplatform which sometimes works and sometimes make these people really upset. Room for growth is very limited and the sales goals each month are pretty high. A sale and a half a day to a sale a day gets pretty tough and stressful on when the end of the month comes and you are behind on goal.

Advice to Management

Provide some job security to your employees, they are always stressed out about losing there job and not being able to pay for rent the next month. Also be very transparent on why people leave and stop having the whole floor just gossip on why people quit or get fired.. we are all adults here, the turn over rate is already so high, and why not calm people's nerves by letting them know what's going on instead of wonder. Also, stop micro managing- I get it... you are trying to stay on top of people and trying to make the job fun but cold calling is never fun....from when I was in the hunter zone it used to be so much fun and now it's just like --- ugh I would hate to be a new hire it's like they are trying way to hard..... Also, if you are going to make sure full cycle reps are hitting there effort metrics you should also make sure your closers are hitting them too.... I mean I am a closer I never hit them... (oops) maybe give them some incentive to keep their hunters.... cause right now I have the opportunity to be lazy because no one is "watching" me sorta say.... Trust your employees and let them breathe every once in a while.