SinglePlatform Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Josh Glantz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There are quarterly company events and happy hours once a week" (in 24 reviews)

• "This job has been the perfect first job out of college" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "You're expected 160-200 cold calls a day" (in 11 reviews)

• "There are no cons that you wouldn't associate with any sales job" (in 8 reviews)

"You Can Achieve What You Want, If You Know What You Want"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SinglePlatform is a clean slate. Whether you have 2 years or 0 days of sales experience, everyone starts off each day in the same place.

You will meet and make friends that you will keep for life. You are guaranteed to have more opportunities for fun, money, professional and personal growth than most of your other friends right out of college.

All of those things are possible for you here, but it is up to you to want it bad enough for yourself.

The Inside Sales Role is not for the faint of heart. SP sells in a unique way that takes people out of their comfort zones in order for them to be successful. Be prepared to grind, be prepared to follow, blindly at times, and trust that your leaders are putting you in the best position to succeed.

If you have a clear mission, a clear goal, a clear place you want to be one year from now and you are willing to do whatever it takes to get there, this is the place for you.

Cons

The way we sell is not for everyone. The grind of 180+ outbound cold calls/day can take a toll on some people. Once again, this loops back to the idea of knowing what you want and you being willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish that goal.

Advice to Management

Direction. Being under the umbrella of a larger corporate entity can be difficult at times. It's important that we all know our specific goals on a day to day/ week to week basis so we can truly feel the sense of accomplishment when we achieve them.

When people win, they have fun, they continue to perform and they stick around.

Continue to build an environment that gives people the opportunity to not only feel like winners, but actually achieve and we will all continue to be successful.

2. "OK"

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

Great people, team-night outs, recognition

Cons

challenging, goal-oriented, no-growth in your career

3. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cheap food, free drinks, beer cart, "fun" culture, and training

Cons

The culture is great until the senior reps try and hook up with every girl that walks into the front door, and then management says that they are worried about your reputation... The only thing that made this job BEARABLE was the friends you made and stuck it out with you during training, but those friends quickly get fired and let go because of the unrealistic quotas, nepotism, and mental abuse games management plays on the sales reps. They are very transparent with the daily quotas of 220+ Talk Time and 180 dials made, as well as other metrics, but you have to hit all of them, regardless of whether or not you have hit the important quotas (meetings/sales.) The blatant nepotism displayed by management as well as the micromanagement is so disgusting and off putting. They claim to be laissez faire in the culture and then become hypocritical if you do not drink their kool aid, hence why they hire 21 yr olds fresh off of graduation, who have never had a job before instead of experienced and skilled employees. Management nit picks everything you do wrong and done something right or a personal win goes unnoticed. The pools are shallow for the potential sales and prospects. Good luck to whoever gets hired.

Advice to Management

Grow up

Jul 18, 2018 – Sr. Manager, Demand Generation

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience as an employee at SinglePlatform. Of course, it is unfortunate that you did not have the positive experience as many employees... More

4. "good experience"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great culture, there was always leads for us

Cons

long hours made close to 100 calls per day

Advice to Management

none

5. "Racism Meets Mental Slavery"

Former Employee - Business Analyst????(Yeah Right) in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst????(Yeah Right) in New York, NY

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have a lot of perks they give to help you be excited about working there like
    •soda Machine
    •free food on random days
    •cheap Snacks in the vending machine
    •free coffee and warm drinks
    •beer on Fridays
    •pay for overtime

Cons

Where do I even Start, you will lying on the phone for over 220Min a day, you are EXPECTED to work past 6pm everyday especially if you are not at your goals for the day even tho you’ll only be trained for a week. Micro Manage Hell is what this place is. You will be watched all day on the phone by your managers and they will secretly listen to your conversations to judge you every week on what you are doing “right” and “wrong”. Most of the people who are your “managers” are not even trained. They are all young adults who just were given the job of managers because they fire people on a monthly basis at Single Platform. You will be so stressed everyday because they have screens that show your numbers to you and everyone else and also send you email updates about where you are at on the day and also have a tab on your computer to the dashboard where your numbers are. But guess what they will tell you not to worry about it but they subconsciously have it everywhere to the point that you will literally be scared to get off your seat because you are behind a few minutes on the day. Most of the leads they give you to call are either out of business locations or actual franchises that have no reason to sign up for the scam they are running. I could go on but I don’t think I have enough time and space.

Advice to Management

stop stressing your employees with those ridiculous goals and metrics. stop allowing for favoritism to rule over that office. It’s sad that a lot of good people in there and they come out different people just because of the Mental Slavery you guys have set up in that office

Jul 18, 2018 – Sr. Manager, Demand Generation

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience as an employee at SinglePlatform. Of course, it is unfortunate to hear of your experience and opinion of your time spent at... More

6. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment, positive encouragement, young and fun co-workers

Cons

Unrealistic goals, encouraged unhealthy rivalry among team members

Jul 17, 2018 – Sr. Manager, Demand Generation

Thanks for your review. We definitely have a great place to work & it's the people here that make coming to work even better - so we're glad that you see SinglePlatform as a positive work... More

7. "Fast-Paced & Aggressive way to kick off a young career"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great places to kick your sales career off
    Phenomenal training, will give you all the tools to master cold calling and hone your sales skills
    Very fun environment, lots of competitions and nights out, people are great
    Lots of benefits (i.e. 401K + match, medical & dental, transit bonuses)

Cons

Being part of a very large company (i.e. Endurance) has its perks but also has its downfalls
    Very strict quotas, not much room for error
    Pay is not great at first but, if you stick it out, there's money to be made

Advice to Management

For the most part, keep doing what you're doing. Pretty content with management. If I had to say anything I'd say don't be TOO harsh on new employees. I get the tough love but, at the same time, you have to constantly build everybody up in an industry like this.

8. "Outstanding Sales training / Very Difficult Job"

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

-Sales training is top of the line.
    -Managers are hired from within so you know they understand the grind in order to become successful.
    -Money to be made for people who are laser focused on their career goals and aspirations.
    - AMAZING PEOPLE

Cons

Incredibly difficult job that is mentally taxing. The rejection 200+ times day after day takes a massive toll on you in the long run.

Advice to Management

We pride ourselves as being menu guys for restaurants, but when you go onto the SP website, theres a lot of confusion. I feel their trying to get a hand in as many industries as possible that have a service or a menu, which is great. BUT at the end of the day restaurants drive the bottom line at SP. Make it more clear on the website that we are the menu guys for restaurants!

Jul 17, 2018 – Sr. Manager, Demand Generation

Thank you for your honest feedback. We're glad that you found SinglePlatform to be a place of awesome sales training and even better people. We pride ourselves on having a great group of employees... More

9. "Stay away"

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

Good location near Wall Street.

Cons

They lie. This place provides absolutely no value to their customers. They straight up lie in their sales pitch.
    They don't value their employees.
    The place is run by idiots.

Advice to Management

Quit.

Mar 12, 2018 – Sr. Manager, Demand Generation

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience working at SinglePlatform. It is definitely disappointing that while working here, we were unable to match our goal of... More

10. "Sales Development Representative"

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

The sales training to be respectfully aggressive and to follow the straight line has helped with other endeavors and contributed to my success moving forward.

Cons

The micromanagement was a good and bad thing depending on how willing you are to be trained to be great. I suggest you embrace it and use it as a "pro" not a "con"