SinglePlatform Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 13, 2019

3.5
Josh Glantz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Once the job became second nature I met one of my best friends along with a lot of other great people" (in 10 reviews)

• "This job has been the perfect first job out of college" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Be prepared to make 180-200 cold calls with 200-220 minutes of talk time every single day" (in 13 reviews)

• "There are no cons that you wouldn't associate with any sales job" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great inside sales job to start with"

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

Great company environment. I loved coming to work every day it was fun. Potential to earn a lot of money. Great management that are hands on and want to see you succeed.

Cons

For someone that isn’t aware of how sales jobs work, you have to work hard to earn your position and extra money here. For all these negative reviews on here I can tell you they’ve never done sales or don’t like it after this job. That’s fine it’s not for everyone but you get what you applied for when working here. So if you can’t handle a fast pace sales performance environment then of course this isn’t the job for you. Other wise it’s amazing initial inside sales experience.

Advice to Management

Only thing is tone back on the talk time and dials, giving reps a chance to do a small amount of research. But that’s just my opinion.

2. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I spent 3 years here...

SP is THE BEST place to kickstart a sales career! I am so incredibly grateful for everything I learned and the opportunities this company opened for my future. I grew so much personally and professionally in the 3 years I was there.

I always say "If you had told my pre-SinglePlatform self about the financial independence and amount success that I have today...I NEVER WOULD HAVE BELIEVED YOU!"

Why I love SP....
    *Sales Training: it is top-notch
    *Uncapped Commission: if you work hard and put your mind to it...YOU WILL MAKE SIX FIGURES!
    *People: some of my BEST friends come from this company...we are a family; going to work with your best friends makes work so much more fun
    *Culture: work hard / play hard environment
    *Perks: friendly competition with amazing prizes (like going to the Bahamas or March Madness Final Four tournament), beer cart Fridays, boat cruises in the summer
    *Mindset: this company really taught me how important mindset is and the fact that I control my own success. That is INVALUABLE to me!!! "Those who say they can and those who say they can't are often both right."

Cons

It's tough to come up with a list of cons. Looking at other reviews that seem negative...most people just complain about the level of effort SinglePlatform expects. Yes, it's a grind. They expect you to work REALLY hard. But I think that's a positive. I have such a strong work ethic because I came from this company. If you have a problem with hard work, you're going to struggle to find success anywhere.....and NYC definitely isn't the city for you :)

Advice to Management

#SPisFOREVER

3. "Top Notch Training + Managers @ SP"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With no experience in cold calling or transactional sales, SP's training program provided me with the tools and resources needed to excel at the job. The program has transformed me into a much more confident person and an overall better employee. The skills learned at this job are invaluable and I will be forever thankful to my manager, Joe Sclafani, for taking the time to nurture and develop me into the rep I am today. Truly all of the managers at this company are one of a kind, they are intelligent and self-less and will work with you until you are both happy with where you are at. The job can be tough but they provide you with the support needed to get through it.

Cons

Can be monotonous.

Advice to Management

Only have morning meetings once a week.

4. "Not for everyone"

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

Good money and great people and atmosphere

Cons

You need to be able to withstand many demands and long hours on the phone

5. "Sales"

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

It prepares you for the hard world of sales with nonstop cold calling. It is a young, fun, work hard, play hard culture.

Cons

They work you to the bone. Long hours with lots of cold calling.

6. "High Turnover Rate"

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

-Motivational atmosphere

-Great benefits provided by the company

-The experienced reps in the office are easily approachable. They give fantastic advice for newcomers and love to help. This is because everyone in the office benefits from each other's success.

-Many fun activities provided like happy hour, beer cart on Fridays, trips/vacations to win based on performance

-I made great friends at SP, you spend every day surrounded by your team and become close with everyone quickly.

-The managers are awesome people who are dedicated to helping you succeed. They are always willing to have a conversation about improving or lending advice on a tough day.

-The reps in the office who are successful make great money based on commission

Cons

-Very high turnover rate. SinglePlatform hires a new class every single month. This is because people either hate the job and quit, or do not hit their numbers.

-Be prepared to make 180-200 cold calls with 200-220 minutes of talk time every single day. You will be calling restaurants all day having the same conversation from start to finish. Everyone in the office sits at their desk and dials the phone all day/every day

-The job becomes very repetitive doing the same thing every day.

-Out of each class, only a couple of people will actually stay. Even if your numbers improve, there is still a chance of getting fired.

-When calling customers, the pitch is sketchy. Customers are often unclear of what the call is about. Many of them hang up the phone because the script tries to avoid answering the customer's questions directly.

-Many people in the office list themselves as "business analysts" when in reality they are cold callers

Advice to Management

-Give employees more time to improve instead of having such a high turnover rate.

7. "Great First Job"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great management. If you work hard, you get paid very well

Cons

Stressful, non-stop calling. Goals can sometimes be unreachable.

8. "Very Mixed Feelings"

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great positive culture
    - Lots of cool people who are driven and go-getters
    - Fun and energetic sales floor that distracts you from the brutal task of cold calling
    - Great benefits (if you last): 4 weeks vacation, 401(k) with matching, health benefits, discounts for gym and transit
    - Learned a lot on this job even though it was not for me (sales strategies: tone, direct language, closing questions, etc.), also learned more about what I want and don't want in my next position
    - Minor benefits like $.25 vending machines, free coffee, occasional free lunch/breakfast, contests for Earpods, free trips, etc.

Cons

- Even though the culture was very positive and people were verbally supportive I felt as though there was a lot going on behind the scenes, always felt as though I was not really being invested in although they did a good job appearing as if they were
    - Obviously you should know you will be cold calling a lot. That being said a major con of this job is cold calling, don't underestimate how hard it is to cold call especially with training that is limited
    - The only way to make any money at all is to get through a phase that is purely meant to weed people out, even if someone may have the skills to work with people and actually sell the product and help customers you still need to go through this mind numbing cold calling process
    - Little to no description of product and it's benefits and features in the beginning. They only go through that with you once you get through the initial two months of cold calling. They explain this by saying they don't want you to be distracted by the product knowledge and explaining too much to restaurant owners, but in my case that just put me off a bit
    - Burnout culture: "You don't have to stay late, but...", "Take a lunch break if you need to, but..."
    - Have to be extremely money motivated as this is not fun work in a "fun" work environment. Even so, don't expect to make much money at all until you have survived the phase best described as hunger games-esque
    - Prepare to have your commission goals raised on you just as you are doing better

If you really know what you want out of this job and are money motivated, it might be right for you, but it takes time and isn't fun work, hopefully you have natural talent because you won't get much out of a limited training system.

Advice to Management

Spend more time training employees, integrate training and cold calling rather than purely conceptual training and then throwing reps into the fray.

9. "Best First Job"

Current Employee - SDR in New York, NY
    Current Employee - SDR in New York, NY

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unbelievable sales training and environment.

Cons

Not many that I can think of.

10. "sales"

Pros

so far so good! I enjoy my time.

Cons

nothing yet, we'll see how it goes.

Advice to Management

nothing yet