SinglePlatform Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Josh Glantz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There are quarterly company events and happy hours once a week" (in 24 reviews)

• "This job has been the perfect first job out of college" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "You're expected 160-200 cold calls a day" (in 11 reviews)

• "There are no cons that you wouldn't associate with any sales job" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great inside sales job to start with"

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

Great company environment. I loved coming to work every day it was fun. Potential to earn a lot of money. Great management that are hands on and want to see you succeed.

Cons

For someone that isn’t aware of how sales jobs work, you have to work hard to earn your position and extra money here. For all these negative reviews on here I can tell you they’ve never done sales or don’t like it after this job. That’s fine it’s not for everyone but you get what you applied for when working here. So if you can’t handle a fast pace sales performance environment then of course this isn’t the job for you. Other wise it’s amazing initial inside sales experience.

Advice to Management

Only thing is tone back on the talk time and dials, giving reps a chance to do a small amount of research. But that’s just my opinion.

2. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I spent 3 years here...

SP is THE BEST place to kickstart a sales career! I am so incredibly grateful for everything I learned and the opportunities this company opened for my future. I grew so much personally and professionally in the 3 years I was there.

I always say "If you had told my pre-SinglePlatform self about the financial independence and amount success that I have today...I NEVER WOULD HAVE BELIEVED YOU!"

Why I love SP....
    *Sales Training: it is top-notch
    *Uncapped Commission: if you work hard and put your mind to it...YOU WILL MAKE SIX FIGURES!
    *People: some of my BEST friends come from this company...we are a family; going to work with your best friends makes work so much more fun
    *Culture: work hard / play hard environment
    *Perks: friendly competition with amazing prizes (like going to the Bahamas or March Madness Final Four tournament), beer cart Fridays, boat cruises in the summer
    *Mindset: this company really taught me how important mindset is and the fact that I control my own success. That is INVALUABLE to me!!! "Those who say they can and those who say they can't are often both right."

Cons

It's tough to come up with a list of cons. Looking at other reviews that seem negative...most people just complain about the level of effort SinglePlatform expects. Yes, it's a grind. They expect you to work REALLY hard. But I think that's a positive. I have such a strong work ethic because I came from this company. If you have a problem with hard work, you're going to struggle to find success anywhere.....and NYC definitely isn't the city for you :)

Advice to Management

#SPisFOREVER

3. "Best First Job"

Current Employee - SDR in New York, NY
    Current Employee - SDR in New York, NY

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unbelievable sales training and environment.

Cons

Not many that I can think of.

4. "sales"

Pros

so far so good! I enjoy my time.

Cons

nothing yet, we'll see how it goes.

Advice to Management

nothing yet

5. "Cool place for a first job out of college"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fun people. cool environment

Cons

lots of cold calling

6. "OK"

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

Great people, team-night outs, recognition

Cons

challenging, goal-oriented, no-growth in your career

7. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cheap food, free drinks, beer cart, "fun" culture, and training

Cons

The culture is great until the senior reps try and hook up with every girl that walks into the front door, and then management says that they are worried about your reputation... The only thing that made this job BEARABLE was the friends you made and stuck it out with you during training, but those friends quickly get fired and let go because of the unrealistic quotas, nepotism, and mental abuse games management plays on the sales reps. They are very transparent with the daily quotas of 220+ Talk Time and 180 dials made, as well as other metrics, but you have to hit all of them, regardless of whether or not you have hit the important quotas (meetings/sales.) The blatant nepotism displayed by management as well as the micromanagement is so disgusting and off putting. They claim to be laissez faire in the culture and then become hypocritical if you do not drink their kool aid, hence why they hire 21 yr olds fresh off of graduation, who have never had a job before instead of experienced and skilled employees. Management nit picks everything you do wrong and done something right or a personal win goes unnoticed. The pools are shallow for the potential sales and prospects. Good luck to whoever gets hired.

Advice to Management

Grow up

Jul 18, 2018 – Sr. Manager, Demand Generation

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience as an employee at SinglePlatform. Of course, it is unfortunate that you did not have the positive experience as many employees... More

8. "good experience"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great culture, there was always leads for us

Cons

long hours made close to 100 calls per day

Advice to Management

none

9. "Racism Meets Mental Slavery"

Former Employee - Business Analyst????(Yeah Right) in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst????(Yeah Right) in New York, NY

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have a lot of perks they give to help you be excited about working there like
    •soda Machine
    •free food on random days
    •cheap Snacks in the vending machine
    •free coffee and warm drinks
    •beer on Fridays
    •pay for overtime

Cons

Where do I even Start, you will lying on the phone for over 220Min a day, you are EXPECTED to work past 6pm everyday especially if you are not at your goals for the day even tho you’ll only be trained for a week. Micro Manage Hell is what this place is. You will be watched all day on the phone by your managers and they will secretly listen to your conversations to judge you every week on what you are doing “right” and “wrong”. Most of the people who are your “managers” are not even trained. They are all young adults who just were given the job of managers because they fire people on a monthly basis at Single Platform. You will be so stressed everyday because they have screens that show your numbers to you and everyone else and also send you email updates about where you are at on the day and also have a tab on your computer to the dashboard where your numbers are. But guess what they will tell you not to worry about it but they subconsciously have it everywhere to the point that you will literally be scared to get off your seat because you are behind a few minutes on the day. Most of the leads they give you to call are either out of business locations or actual franchises that have no reason to sign up for the scam they are running. I could go on but I don’t think I have enough time and space.

Advice to Management

stop stressing your employees with those ridiculous goals and metrics. stop allowing for favoritism to rule over that office. It’s sad that a lot of good people in there and they come out different people just because of the Mental Slavery you guys have set up in that office

Jul 18, 2018 – Sr. Manager, Demand Generation

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience as an employee at SinglePlatform. Of course, it is unfortunate to hear of your experience and opinion of your time spent at... More

10. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment, positive encouragement, young and fun co-workers

Cons

Unrealistic goals, encouraged unhealthy rivalry among team members

Jul 17, 2018 – Sr. Manager, Demand Generation

Thanks for your review. We definitely have a great place to work & it's the people here that make coming to work even better - so we're glad that you see SinglePlatform as a positive work... More