SinglePlatform Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Josh Glantz

Pros
  • Very friendly atmosphere, no shortage of company happy hours and functions, and the possibility to make substantial money (in 23 reviews)

• Work hard/play hard environment (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • think cold calls on repeat 5 days a week for the next (in 6 reviews)

• There are no cons that you wouldn't associate with any sales job (in 6 reviews)

1. "Incredible Place to be"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SinglePlatform is a magical place, if I had to describe it in one word. The atmosphere/ energy is insane, the people are amazing, and management is always there to help. As an employee of this amazing company, I consider myself lucky to be a part of it and have the opportunity to grow my skills here. It's a job that requires hard work that is definitely not for just any type of person, but if you are willing to put in the effort, there is a ton of money to be made and a ton of incentives to be awarded. HIGHLY suggest if you're looking to make a lot of money and are a goal-oriented person who is competitive and loves grinding to apply here.

Cons

I honestly love everything about the company. Anyone who reports any negative comments is someone who is not willing to work hard to achieve success/ cash and instead just wants things handed to them.

Advice to Management

Continue what you're doing. No manager micro manages but instead trusts that you will get the job done.

2. "Work Hard Play Hard"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cant say in the close to two years I worked in the organization that I ever met someone that I genuinly did not like. Managment does a very good job selecting positive, optimistic, friendly people and weeding out the jerks. Very friendly atmosphere, no shortage of company happy hours and functions, and the possibility to make substantial money. If your looking for a sales career, it is an ideal place to beging working out of college.

Cons

The quotas to hit and grind of everyday selling were, at least to me, extremely grueling. Aside from the regularity of being rejected and occasionally verbally abused (which should honestly be expected as part of an outbound sales organization peddeling their unsolicited wares to small business owners) I found that the job took its toll and wore me down. Quotas are to be hit on a month-to-month basis and some months I found myself taking my work home with me not being able to shake the anxiety of falling behind in the month. Job security was always at the forefront of my mind, but hey, thats sales and it makes sense given the amount of cash they would dish out for doing your job.

Advice to Management

Not a whole lot of potential for upward mobility. A few 'Rockstars' would be promoted to a managment position but if you do not find yourself within the top 5-10 percentile, you could essentially expect to stagnate in the same position and recieve the occasional job title shift - IE Business Analyst, Senior Business Analyst

"Do it for you!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Waltham, MA

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Singleplatform has been an absolute blessing. If you are competitive, money motivated, willing to work hard, and are ready to jumpstart your career, this is where you need to be. I work out of the Waltham office and love everything about it. The atmosphere is so chill and comfortable, always upbeat and there is never a dull moment. My manager Dom is such an awesome mentor and is always there to give great advice and guidance. We are our own little family in Waltham raking in the big bucks as a team! One of the best things about this company is the bridge between the NYC and Waltham office! You will get to know everyone (yes, even the CEO Josh), everyone will know you, and everyone is truly awesome. I have never had a job where I have been so rewarded for my hardwork! If you love making money, and are ready to work in the best atmosphere you can ask for then make the right choice! Highly reccomended!!

Cons

Honestly the only con would be the monotny of the job and dealing with rejection. Thankfully the endless amount of monetary reward makes it beyond worth it ! ;)

5. "Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, great people, good incentives, helpful management

Cons

Very young people working there, some managers are real micro managers

6. "Quantity Over Quality"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

It's a young, energetic environment. If you can hang in there, the pay can be pretty nice. Good office location.

Cons

It can be hard to hang around when there's such high employee turnover. You can be replaced and you will feel that weight if you don't perform.

It's a sales-driven company and there's no sign of that changing. The sales tactics are sketchy at best which is sad because it's a useful product that can really benefit a lot of businesses. Instead of actually focusing on satisfying customers it's about the numbers - how many sales, not how solid the sales are.

Advice to Management

Refocus on making the base-level product work. Trying to incorporate too many new features, the main point of the product has gone by the wayside. Lower the sales goals and focus on quality sales for businesses that will stick around. Do whatever you can to value your employees more - this does not mean more nights out - offer more opportunities for continued learning to help your employees grow in a constructive way. Communicate! Communication from top-to-bottom, bottom-to-top, cross-departmentally - it all needs some serious improvement.

7. "Over promising"

I have been working at SinglePlatform full-time

Pros

The training is basic sales training which could help you transfer to a more permanent role elsewhere. They do beer cart Fridays as well as occasional team night outs paid for by the company. Some of the managers are over qualified for the job and I hope they realize that and move on. You move up quickly if you last but that's just because the turnover rate is so high they have no other choice.

Cons

Where to start. You're expected 160-200 cold calls a day. And it's very enforced. Sounds easy until you realize that means you're a robot all day. And you're dealing with business owners, who could care less about you. The whole sales approach is a joke. Calling someone saying you need to verify their information online, and then scamming them into a meeting for the next day. Typically that leads to a very angry business owner once they realize you're pitching them a product and wasting their time. You basically bully people into talking to you. Basically, you get yelled at all day. Micro management is awful. Constant email chains congratulating people on...doing their job? And screen shots of the dashboard calling out people when they don't hit their goals is incredibly unprofessional. And managers

Advice to Management

Advertise the company so you don't need to rely on sketchy sales tactics to get people to talk to you.

"You should be so lucky to start your career here"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at SinglePlatform (Less than a year)

Pros

I started right out of college and worked here for about a year in a half. I was able to grow, learn, and develop myself as a sales rep. SinglePlatform is a great place to work and I would suggest to anyone who is motivated and has drive to be successful in life to work here. If you have decided you want to make a lot of money and work with incredible people who become your best friends this is the place for you.

Cons

This job is something you have to work hard for. Don't expect anyone to hand you opportunities you have to work for them

Advice to Management

Continue to be great. I appreciate everything you have done for me.

"Great career start!"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn how to sell, grow quickly, and develop skills. There is a clear track for how to climb the ladder and accelerate your career.

Cons

Limited opportunity for creativity at the entry level. Most of the job involves rote tasks including hundreds of daily phone calls to small businesses.

Advice to Management

Since I haven't been working there for years so it would be hard to give specific advice to current management.

"This job can be very frustrating."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Waltham, MA

I worked at SinglePlatform (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of young, fun people. There's no dress code. Fun office with ping pong and skeeball. Team nights out paid for by he company.

Cons

Monotonous cold calling. Very scripted and feels robotic. You're calling small businesses like restaurants with the goal of getting the owner on the phone. Small business owners are very difficult to get a hold of so you end up leaving tons of messages and voicemails that are never returned. High call volume with very low success rate.

Advice to Management

Advertise.

"HONEST Review"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at SinglePlatform full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young office with friendly coworkers. You get to have A beer on friday around 5pm (work wraps up at 6pm..) solid training

Cons

First off, its so blatantly obvious that many of the reviews in here are written by SP mgmt. Give me a break, the only negative is that its cold because I sit next to an AC.... Single Platform is a BOILER ROOM!! Your making 160-180 cold calls to restaurants to reach owners which RARELY happens. Your expected to BEND THE TRUTH and mislead business owners all while being VERY VERY pushy (mgmt calls it being respectfully assertive). It was uncomfortable working there for how I had to talk to business owners and to the extent the truth was pushed. It's also worth mentioning you will not be-yourself on the phone. Your expected to STICK TO THE SCRIPT-literally word for word. Don't deviate because youll catch an eye-full from your training manager who listens-in on a half hour of calls a day.
    Also, I'm sorry to burst your bubble if you have an offer to work at SP but if your selected your receiving a 2/3 month employment stint as if your below your sales goal you'll be fired! OH also they'll let you go from work a day early when your being fired for two reasons-1. so they will not be obligated to pay for your unemployment and 2. so if your an employee referral your employee will not receive their compensation for referring you.
    This place wants to give off the illusion that its a great young company to work for but really its preying on young inexperienced talent that doesnt know better. This place is a cult and will not succeed in the long-run. TURN AND BURN. This is the lamest excuse for a start-up. It's a corporate call center

Advice to Management

try holding onto the talent you bring in-maybe then this place wont be a revolving door. also cool it with your weekly meetings which are cookie-cutter compliments given to X individual for crushinggg their goal.