Sirius Computer Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joe Mertens

Pros
  • Supportive Management, good work life balance (in 14 reviews)

• years with the company are employee recognition, solid core values, career opportunity, and great people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Aggressive growth will drive need for more heads to ensure work-life balance stays somewhat in check (in 6 reviews)

• Just seems like there are always more Upper Management than worker bees at times (in 6 reviews)

1. "Nice Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice Culture and more career opportunities with-in.

Cons

Needs more interaction with leadership team

2. "Nice place to work"

Former Employee - Operations Services Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Services Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are nice to work with. The benefits are average in comparison to other companies.

Cons

There is some lack of training at times and lack of communication.

3. "Core Values - created by Harvey, not part of the New Operations"

Former Employee - Consultant in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Consultant in Omaha, NE

I worked at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Distributed Team Nationally that works hard together

Cons

very weak 401k match, insurance benefits change every year, cost to the employee high. weak PTO program.

Advice to Management

execute on annual reviews, provide feedback to employees.

5. "Senior Solutions Architect"

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architect (Pre-Sales) in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architect (Pre-Sales) in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Sirius Computer Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Great People. Great working environment.

Cons

Almost 100% IBM Enterprise sales. Not much room for HP, Dell, Nettap, Nutanix, etx...

Advice to Management

Don't hire Expertise that you do not intend to hire sales staff to sell. Sales is a symbiotic relationship. You have to be on the same page. HP experts are not going to sell IBM well....

"Cheap Company with a Culture that is stuck in the 90s"

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist - Mobile in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Solutions Specialist - Mobile in Austin, TX

Pros

-Good Lower level Management
    -Nice Perks in office
    -Incentive plan was really nice if you are billing.

Cons

-Can't close deals to keep you billing
    -The tech industry has left Sirius in the 90s with business practices that are dated and not geared to retain quality talent
    -Extremely Cheap - One coworker had to battle to be able to expense 3 Dollars in vending machine receipts amongst other things.
    -Stayed after an acquisition under false pretense of an investment into mobility.. dedicated sales person was promptly repositioned with another business unit shortly after acquisition

Advice to Management

-Take culture cues for tech companies that are actually successful at what you are trying to. Instead of trying to drag along a 15+ year old culture that no longer has a place within this industry.
    -Provide competitive compensation to quality developers - instead of less than H1B visas are making in the same position.
    -Make a real investment in mobile or another emerging technology or enjoy your sinking ship.

7. "Great people, great company"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are the best in the industry. I love working with my colleagues. My managers always have my back. The company is growing and provides lots of advancement potential.

Cons

Multiple acquisitions have expanded the company's employee base faster than its infrastructure to support them. Though there is tons of advancement potential, promotions still go through multiple levels of red tape.

Advice to Management

I don't have any specific advice for management. I don't have any specific advice for management.

8. "Sirius"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Sirius Computer Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance. Decent compensation. Collaboration in the workplace. Plenty of opportunity for cross-functional work. I would recommend this company.

Cons

I do not having any comments to put here.

"Current Employee"

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time

Pros

-Mgmt in almost all departments has been extremely helpful and most employees here understand that training is always on-going and will assist new hires.
    -There is room for opportunity and growth.
    -You are not micro-managed and mgmt only comes in when needed.
    -Environment is always changing since Sirius is always acquiring new companies. This can be good or bad depending on how the growth is handled.

Cons

Can tell some individuals get too much workload put on them since there is constant change and growth.

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sirius wants to teach. I can see that management wants everyone to succeed. I feel they are looking at the future of the company and the employees. I believe one of their goals is to be able to leave this place with their team prepared. They want me to be on the career path, I want to be on and are willing to teach me what I need to know to get there.

Sirius acknowledges good work. There are so many opportunities to be acknowledged for a job well-cone. I have never been thanked and rewarded so much for doing my job. It motivates me to do my best.

Sirius lives up to their core values. In the short time I have been here, I see leaders living up to what this company calls it's "core values". I see genuine leaders striving to make this a great place to work. They take care of their employees.

Cons

The different areas seem to be separated and disconnected. I feel that I can do my job better if I am able to connect with other departments. Management is very encouraging of my willingness to seek information outside my department. However, employees that have been here a while seem to want to keep their knowledge to themselves. Sharing knowledge helps us all grow and ultimately helps the company.

Advice to Management

Be more Actively supportive. Management is very supportive of events and activities, but not always participate. Participate in the extras with your employees.

"Found My Home"

Current Employee - Director in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Director in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Sirius is a growing company with great leadership and plenty of opportunity. The positives I have experienced in my 15+ years with the company are employee recognition, solid core values, career opportunity, and great people. With the growth Sirius has experienced over the years I have been employed, they have invested in resources, processes and tools to accommodate that growth.

Cons

Due to the exponential growth, work life balance is put in jeopardy more often than one would like. Salaries are not always consistent or competitive. Tools investment choices have been mediocre.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize your employees, ensure they are getting the best possible competitive salaries, periodically review team structure and determine if reorganizations are in order, and ensure good career paths are in place to promote from within.