Sirius Computer Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 14, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joe Mertens

Pros
  • Supportive Management, good work life balance (in 14 reviews)

• years with the company are employee recognition, solid core values, career opportunity, and great people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Aggressive growth will drive need for more heads to ensure work-life balance stays somewhat in check (in 6 reviews)

• Just seems like there are always more Upper Management than worker bees at times (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great people, great company"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are the best in the industry. I love working with my colleagues. My managers always have my back. The company is growing and provides lots of advancement potential.

Cons

Multiple acquisitions have expanded the company's employee base faster than its infrastructure to support them. Though there is tons of advancement potential, promotions still go through multiple levels of red tape.

Advice to Management

I don't have any specific advice for management. I don't have any specific advice for management.

2. "Sirius"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Sirius Computer Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance. Decent compensation. Collaboration in the workplace. Plenty of opportunity for cross-functional work. I would recommend this company.

Cons

I do not having any comments to put here.

"Current Employee"

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time

Pros

-Mgmt in almost all departments has been extremely helpful and most employees here understand that training is always on-going and will assist new hires.
    -There is room for opportunity and growth.
    -You are not micro-managed and mgmt only comes in when needed.
    -Environment is always changing since Sirius is always acquiring new companies. This can be good or bad depending on how the growth is handled.

Cons

Can tell some individuals get too much workload put on them since there is constant change and growth.

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sirius wants to teach. I can see that management wants everyone to succeed. I feel they are looking at the future of the company and the employees. I believe one of their goals is to be able to leave this place with their team prepared. They want me to be on the career path, I want to be on and are willing to teach me what I need to know to get there.

Sirius acknowledges good work. There are so many opportunities to be acknowledged for a job well-cone. I have never been thanked and rewarded so much for doing my job. It motivates me to do my best.

Sirius lives up to their core values. In the short time I have been here, I see leaders living up to what this company calls it's "core values". I see genuine leaders striving to make this a great place to work. They take care of their employees.

Cons

The different areas seem to be separated and disconnected. I feel that I can do my job better if I am able to connect with other departments. Management is very encouraging of my willingness to seek information outside my department. However, employees that have been here a while seem to want to keep their knowledge to themselves. Sharing knowledge helps us all grow and ultimately helps the company.

Advice to Management

Be more Actively supportive. Management is very supportive of events and activities, but not always participate. Participate in the extras with your employees.

5. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people! I love the people I work with at Sirius. Strong leadership, flexible work environment, good benefits, and career growth potential.

Cons

There are not any major con's

"Exponential Growth Opportunities"

Former Employee - TEC Systems Administrator in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - TEC Systems Administrator in Omaha, NE

I worked at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive salaries, a very well structured, work-hard, play-hard culture. If you show interest in the tech, you can grow in the tech. Certifications are required for advancement and they pay for them! Win-win play to work. Bleeding edge technology.

Cons

No casual attire whatsoever. It takes a while to build trust with peers. The competitiveness can sometimes hinder those with lesser skillsets to catch up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Everyone is happy.

"Good company"

Current Employee - Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Great company friendly atmoshpere to work in, excellent training programs, room for lateral movement, management cares about the employees, company stays in the black, makes money every year.

Cons

limited room for upward growth, very few changes in culture to adapt to new younger employees. Technology company yet feels behind the tech curve. No gym, corporate discounts. A do it the old way mentality.

Advice to Management

be open to newer trending ideas, be more technologically advanced, break the clique or old way mentality

"Exciting, growing organization!!!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of collaboration, fantastic culture and opportunities galore!

Cons

You might have to exist on bbq and tacos at Corporate!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. "Operations Associate"

Current Employee - Operations Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great cross-training in various departments. The job is salaried, but includes overtime pay. Co-workers are friendly and love to laugh.

Cons

Typically spend 90% of your time in your cubicle (unless you are training)

"Professional management and co-workers"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC

I worked at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company provides lots of resources to help sales reps find leads. Lots of freedom to develop opportunity.

Cons

Need a bit more structure.