Sirius Computer Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sirius Computer Solutions Reviews

Updated July 13, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Many long tenured employees and great work/life balance (in 16 reviews)

• years with the company are employee recognition, solid core values, career opportunity, and great people (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Aggressive growth will drive need for more heads to ensure work-life balance stays somewhat in check (in 6 reviews)

• Some sales people make BIG money though they are often the ones with big IBM mainframes or very good control of their accounts (in 6 reviews)

"Found My Home"

Current Employee - Director in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Director in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Sirius is a growing company with great leadership and plenty of opportunity. The positives I have experienced in my 15+ years with the company are employee recognition, solid core values, career opportunity, and great people. With the growth Sirius has experienced over the years I have been employed, they have invested in resources, processes and tools to accommodate that growth.

Cons

Due to the exponential growth, work life balance is put in jeopardy more often than one would like. Salaries are not always consistent or competitive. Tools investment choices have been mediocre.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize your employees, ensure they are getting the best possible competitive salaries, periodically review team structure and determine if reorganizations are in order, and ensure good career paths are in place to promote from within.

2. "Stable Core"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are many excellent, talented people that work at Sirius.
    Overall satisfaction is something that, in most cases, you have significant control over. For those that take initiative, get the job done, are flexible and work as a member of the team, it can be very rewarding. Generally speaking, if you act like an adult you will be treated as such.
    For sales reps and headquarters / back-office personnel, work / life balance is typically very good.

Cons

Culture is constantly in flux due to rapid growth. The sales team strongly influences awards and recognition which in turn strongly influences employee behavior. This creates a conflict between those managers and employees that are trying to balance good business practices and customer service (rep support) versus those employees that simply cater to the rep. Due to the incredibly fast pace and limited time, perception trumps evidence in too many cases.

Advice to Management

Create a stronger team environment across the company. Do not allow the us versus them attitude from any level within Sirius. Do not allow perception to drive change - gather all the facts.

3. "Good place to get exposed to lots of vendors"

Current Employee - Network Solutions Engineer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Network Solutions Engineer in Portland, OR

Pros

Good place to get exposed to much. Pay and benefits are good. Friendly environment.

Cons

Working with too many customers at once. work/life balance lacks.

4. "Acquire, acquire, acquire"

Current Employee - Managed Services Associate Project Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Managed Services Associate Project Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with some great talent; good manager; business is always coming in so there's always something to do & they are regularly acquiring companies to expand our portfolio

Cons

Not a positive environment; people don't feel appreciated (middle management does a good job of it, but senior management negates it all);

Advice to Management

Lead by example. Do what you say, mean what you say, say what you mean. Don't make decisions on things you know nothing about, especially when the people in the trenches are tying to educate / advise, to ensure success as the outcome.

"Going in the right direction"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect (FTE) in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect (FTE) in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has been profitable for a long time
    Benefits are descent
    Management seems to care about the long-term growth of the company
    Lots of opportunity with very little bureaucracy
    Flexible work schedule in the right department

Cons

Too many silo'd departments
    Collection of acquired companies not very tightly integrated
    Lack of communication between different groups leads to missed opportunities

Advice to Management

Get everyone marching to the same drum beat and the company could be even more successful

"Various areas of Accounting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sirius is a very stable, growing company even after 35 years. Most of the management team have worked together for years whether at Sirius or previously at some of our large vendors. They work well together & are extremely knowledgeable about the industry. I have total confidence in their leadership. Another plus about Sirius is that they are open to hiring experienced people in the 40+ age bracket. I think that is unusual in a high tech industry.

Cons

I don't think we spend enough time enhancing our internal processes. Except for security issues, we are slow to change the way we do things. Yes, they may work, but some are cumbersome & need updating. We are always so busy meeting deadlines, it's hard to stop & re-think our in-house procedures & look into more efficient ways & equipment.

Advice to Management

No advice from me, just lots of kudos! We have great Core Values & an amazing leadership team.

7. "Software Solutions Sales"

Current Employee - Software Solutions Sales Specialist in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Software Solutions Sales Specialist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Privately held company that's eager to grow into software, systems integration and Cloud / Managed Services.

Cons

Only certain practice areas are staffed and educated to support sales. Their still stuck in the Infrastructure world (Mainframe, AS-400, Power, etc.)

Advice to Management

Incorporate a plan that encourages the Software Sales Specialist to work with their Client Executives. Way too much confrontation.

8. "DSGM"

Former Employee - Director of Sales & General Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Director of Sales & General Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of great people and engineers.

Cons

Executive leadership gets in the way of growth.

Advice to Management

Fire the Sales Leader

9. "great company"

Current Employee - Operations Brand Advisor in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Operations Brand Advisor in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

the people are great to work with

Cons

the 401k company match isn't great

"Been working here for a long time."

Current Employee - Converged Infrastructure Architect in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Converged Infrastructure Architect in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Sirius Computer Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People are good to work with. Lower and middle management are fair as possible. There are a wide variety of technologies to be involved with. The health benefits are fine if you are the only one on the policy.

Cons

The 401k benefits aren't competitive. The company is focused more toward the sales team than the rest of the company....

Advice to Management

Benefit and salary packages need to be reviewed.