SiriusDecisions Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

SiriusDecisions Account Manager Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2017

3.9
SiriusDecisions Managing Director Richard Eldh (no image)
Richard Eldh

"Strong Leadership, Great Product and Great People!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Wilton, CT

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Leadership: The co-founders are very involved, in an empowering vs. micro-managing way and genuinely care about the clients and every member of their staff. The rest of the Executive Leadership Team is made up of extremely intelligent individuals that have the experience to make you feel confident in their decisions and also are not all "like-minded" which results in productive discussions and organizational changes that are focused on helping the company grow in creative ways. - Professional Development: No one is going to beg you to advocate for yourself or push yourself, however if you are a go-getter and self motivated the opportunities for you are endless at this organization. Creative ideas are supported and honest feedback is solicited across the board. It can be challenging at times because of the access you have to new information (via the research) and you can get a bit overwhelmed or feeling like you "don't know enough"--however, no one penalizes you and since the research is ongoing--no one in the company knows everything, you learn and advance together. The analysts are more than happy to take time to explain a process or the findings of a study to you 1:1 so that you can properly position to your clients. If you come to leadership with an idea or request for a creative way to enhance your professional development either on a side project or getting a certification in a new skill they support and often times will fund. -People: Our analysts are some of the worlds most successful businesses past executives that helped those companies get where they are and you have access to them. As a young adult in my 20's this is very humbling as in many organizations I would be 5-15+ layers below them in an org. chart. They never act that way and genuinely enjoy educating the younger staff, specifically sales on B2B best practices and are very approachable (and fun when you take them on the road for sales & client meetings!). You're treated well no matter what your race, gender, age, experience etc. but hard work is rewarded fairly. - Compensation/ Pay: The pay in $$$ is fair. If your goal is to make a ton of money fast and get out--I would not recommend this company. You have to work hard for every commission check and often times things are in some degree out of your hands when it comes to renewing our selling to clients because we work with the C-Level and things like: M&A, Market Changes and Regulations can impact our sales cycles and client renewals. The benefits are unbeatable. When I say benefits I mean true benefits..not perks like "snacks". Generous Matching 401k, Healthcare that is unheard of (they pay the deductible for you) and unlimited PTO--which they actually let you use with no judgement. Net-Net, it was one of the best decisions I've ever made to come work for this company. I trust the leaders to care about their employees and protect our rights/ treat us fairly, my colleagues are my genuine friends and I can more than comfortably support myself and some of my expensive habits but in a range that doesn't give me a boiler room ego.

Cons

- We have growing pains and sometimes skip really easy steps that could make big difference. Continue to think big, but you need to still sweat or at least vet some of the small stuff because thousands of pennies left on the table = big dollars. - The sales compensation pay-out can be very end of year heavy--which at times can create financial inconveniences. It would be really nice to have more of a steady pay-out as it also creates tax deduction challenges.

Continue reading
    SiriusDecisions2017-07-27

"Install Base Sales - Bay Area"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Working at SD provides you the opportunity to learn in-depth about the revenue generating functions, marketing, sales and product management, of B-to-B companies. Each day I am getting a real world MBA. - Fantastic networking and relationship building opportunities with our Director, VP, and C-level clients - Wonderful culture, benefits, and leadership

Cons

- As with any high-growth company, we feel growing pains in the sales org. Stress can run high, work/life balance can be a challenge. - Complex suite of products sold to variety of buyers across industries, getting mastery of products and buyer needs difficult at the onset

SiriusDecisions2016-12-28

"Seriously Bad Decision"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at SiriusDecisions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Right market timing. Covering multiple market segments. Grown to a good size now.

Cons

Very inward looking culture. The focus is completely on revenue generation. Analysts are tasked to work with well funded vendors and write positive reports. We are asked to constantly up sell existing clients. It is essentially a sales organization as the CEO is a sales guy. I worked at another Analyst firm from Boston, and they are much more facts and analysis focused. Sirius is only trying to create an environment for a market place for many vendors to sell versus truly providing insights and guidance that would help a client to grow their business. I struggled a lot with this culture of sell-sell-sell. I would rather work with a few clients, make them happy and help them grow by using solid business analysis than focus on my commission check only. Don't take me wrong - I am young and want to make money. However, it needs to make sense. I do not like their hit and run business model. I really tried to make it work, and after two years I am leaving; despite the fact that I met my numbers. I just didnt like the way I had to do it.

Continue reading
    SiriusDecisions2015-12-15

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews