SiriusDecisions Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2021

4.0
SiriusDecisions Managing Director Richard Eldh (no image)
Richard Eldh
Pros
  • "You can learn a lot about B2B business(in 6 reviews)

• "Growing company that is "exiting" the start-up phase and is seen as a major force in advising product, sales and marketing leaders(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "We have growing pains and sometimes skip really easy steps that could make big difference(in 6 reviews)

• "Stress can run high, work/life balance can be a challenge(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Apr 20, 2021 - Research
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for, fast growth

Cons

Small company, required to take on out of scope work

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

leadership

Aug 25, 2020 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team I was on. They made you feel part of a team.

Cons

Lack of leadership and communication

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Corporate Love

Mar 10, 2020 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, leadership, teammates, learning, benefits, product, client interactions, friendship and overall a wonderful place that operates more like a family than a company.

Cons

Low base salary and won't budge.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

"Drinking from a fire hose"

Mar 16, 2020 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can learn a lot about B2B business.

Cons

Overworked, BEAST coast mentality, and presentation decks with 400 slides.

5. 5.0

Great Culture!

Nov 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is very transparent. Benefits are awesome (i.e. unlimited PTO after first 6 months, healthcare is the best I've ever had). The people who work for this company are the reason I come to work everyday - folks are fun, intelligent, collaborative and easy to work with. The company shows its appreciation for employees often.

Cons

SD is fast growing, so there are some pains that come with that. For example, teams are very lean, so you need to be comfortable picking up tasks that may fall outside your normal realm of responsibilities. New jobs do get created, and SD does a good job trying to promote from within for those, which is great. Those positions aren't created terribly frequently, and a few lucky ones have been promoted to those new roles from an entry-level position. Those in the entry-level roles sometimes feel their options for growth within the company aren't clear, or there aren't as many options for growth besides moving into sales.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best place to work

May 16, 2019 - Senior Customer Success Manager in Wilton, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

great culture and collaboration. Ease of access to sr execs

Cons

lower than avg market pay

7. 4.0

Account Executive

Dec 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to learn and build executive network with clients you are selling to

Cons

Top performers treated like work horses

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best organizations I've ever worked for

Jan 8, 2014 - Research Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

I don't typically write reviews, but I felt compelled to after reading the last review... Amazing Leadership that is smart, passionate (& compassionate), generous, trustworthy, committed and creating a terrific culture. Research Analysts bring wealth of specialized experiences; trying to push the envelope on thought-leadership/IP while also focusing on pragmatic execution. Approachable, non-threatening and "partners" to their clients - not talking to them, but rather with them (and learning from them as well). Dedicated Sales teams works tirelessly for their customers. They're learning from one of the best in Rich. Growing company supports lots of opportunities for creativity and flexibility (e.g. constructing new on-boarding/training programs, building new deliverables, creating new service areas, establishing new offerings, etc.). Strong respected brand with world-class customers.

Cons

We work hard (is that a con?). But no harder than any other company with aggressive growth. No one sugarcoated it and said it was a 9-5 job during my interview process. In fact, it's inspiring. As we are growing quickly, at times we don't do things perfectly but from what I've seen, we have implemented many of our own tools/methodologies, processes, etc. I'm confident that as we continue to learn and grow we will focus on the areas that are most critical, given our resources at the time.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Nov 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, stimulating environment, clients love the offering

Cons

Can't think of any You need to work hard but it is very fullfilling

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Analyst Realities

May 15, 2016 - Research Director in Wilton, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

This could be a good option is you no longer care about advancing your career or live in a remote area without a strong job market. Not sure this job has advanced my career in any way.

Cons

It seems glamorous to be an analyst advising companies on how to run your business. The clients treat you that way but Sirius doesn't. No investment is made in the analysts, the workload is unbalanced and intense. "Research" mostly isn't based on research, most of the time is your experience turning into Sirius product, there is no research behind it. Every decision is made by Tony Jaros, no one else has any power and he is not a nice person. There also an underlying meanness in the organization, with protected long-term employees more focused on their career that what is best for clients. Best practices advocated to clients are not used at the company.

28 people found this review helpful