SiriusDecisions Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Wilton, CT

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It’s a very entrepreneurial atmosphere with co-founders who really care about their employees. The product is amazing and always evolving. This is a sales job in which you get to travel with some of the brightest b2b minds around in the industry, so the learning never stops.

Cons

I’ve been here 3-years I really have none. If you are used to transactional type selling, know that sales cycles can be anywhere from 60-days or more in some cases.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and continue to innovate and build our great company.

2. "Research Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, low politics, extremely smart professionals

Cons

Comp could be better but benefits solid

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on

"Company Culture"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Wilton, CT

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SiriusDecisions is a culture of excellence and enables individuals to grow and excel in their careers. The company also promotes a strong work/life balance which contributes to a positive work environment.

Cons

It takes a substantial amount of time to learn about our business.

"Fun + Fast Paced"

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Wilton, CT

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent learning opportunity. You have the ability to learn marketing, product and sales strategies as you help guide clients in their own execution. Great benefits and PTO policy. Culture is young and enthusiastic. Excellent life/work balance. If you get fulfillment in helping others internally and externally you will enjoy this company.

Cons

Small company with growing pains. People very heads down in their work so the bigger picture and long term strategy tend to get overlooked while small tactical activities continue to add up on top of the day to day execution which makes it continuously more difficult to deliver for our clients. Individual effort often goes unrewarded.

Advice to Management

High performers should not be treated as workhorses, but as strategic members to their respective functions and greater organization. It's important to align to their career goals so they are empowered to deliver results to our clients and organization.

"Strong Leadership, Great Product and Great People!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Wilton, CT

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Leadership: The co-founders are very involved, in an empowering vs. micro-managing way and genuinely care about the clients and every member of their staff. The rest of the Executive Leadership Team is made up of extremely intelligent individuals that have the experience to make you feel confident in their decisions and also are not all "like-minded" which results in productive discussions and organizational changes that are focused on helping the company grow in creative ways.

- Professional Development: No one is going to beg you to advocate for yourself or push yourself, however if you are a go-getter and self motivated the opportunities for you are endless at this organization. Creative ideas are supported and honest feedback is solicited across the board. It can be challenging at times because of the access you have to new information (via the research) and you can get a bit overwhelmed or feeling like you "don't know enough"--however, no one penalizes you and since the research is ongoing--no one in the company knows everything, you learn and advance together. The analysts are more than happy to take time to explain a process or the findings of a study to you 1:1 so that you can properly position to your clients. If you come to leadership with an idea or request for a creative way to enhance your professional development either on a side project or getting a certification in a new skill they support and often times will fund.

-People: Our analysts are some of the worlds most successful businesses past executives that helped those companies get where they are and you have access to them. As a young adult in my 20's this is very humbling as in many organizations I would be 5-15+ layers below them in an org. chart. They never act that way and genuinely enjoy educating the younger staff, specifically sales on B2B best practices and are very approachable (and fun when you take them on the road for sales & client meetings!). You're treated well no matter what your race, gender, age, experience etc. but hard work is rewarded fairly.

- Compensation/ Pay: The pay in $$$ is fair. If your goal is to make a ton of money fast and get out--I would not recommend this company. You have to work hard for every commission check and often times things are in some degree out of your hands when it comes to renewing our selling to clients because we work with the C-Level and things like: M&A, Market Changes and Regulations can impact our sales cycles and client renewals. The benefits are unbeatable. When I say benefits I mean true benefits..not perks like "snacks". Generous Matching 401k, Healthcare that is unheard of (they pay the deductible for you) and unlimited PTO--which they actually let you use with no judgement.

Net-Net, it was one of the best decisions I've ever made to come work for this company. I trust the leaders to care about their employees and protect our rights/ treat us fairly, my colleagues are my genuine friends and I can more than comfortably support myself and some of my expensive habits but in a range that doesn't give me a boiler room ego.

Cons

- We have growing pains and sometimes skip really easy steps that could make big difference. Continue to think big, but you need to still sweat or at least vet some of the small stuff because thousands of pennies left on the table = big dollars.

- The sales compensation pay-out can be very end of year heavy--which at times can create financial inconveniences. It would be really nice to have more of a steady pay-out as it also creates tax deduction challenges.

Advice to Management

-Get rid of low-performers faster. The 80-20 rule is reversed in this company which is a good problem to have and it makes the low-performing 20% easier to identify faster. I wish you would take care of that faster because at times it really negatively impacts our clients and also forces those high performers to have to work so hard they get burnt out to compensate for them.

-Continue to innovate for the company, not just for the clients. We are VERY forward thinking for our clients and want to go above and beyond developing new best practices or studies that they can leverage or operationalize. I suggest taking a step back and empower/ educate your employees on how to use that knowledge to make our company stronger and better and then hold us accountable to doing so, you deserve that.

6. "Collaborative Organization"

Current Employee - Research Director in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Research Director in Wilton, CT

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart passionate people, dedicated to their clients

Cons

Change is slow to occur

Advice to Management

Be innovative and open to new ideas and ways of thinking, add more creativity

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced but fun work environment. Will learn a lot and have a lot of exposure to important people at outside organizations.

Cons

I don't have any cons about this place

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Waltham, MA

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company Culture, Great work environment, and highly driven co-workers. Learning a lot as well and enjoy what I do.

Cons

Don't have really anything bad in my time here

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Incredible company, culture and product."

Former Employee - Vice President of Marketing in Wilton, CT
    Former Employee - Vice President of Marketing in Wilton, CT

I worked at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Market-leading product
    - Collegial atmosphere
    - Transparency in leadership communications
    - Great brand that has become well recognized in B2B
    - Opportunities to have a real impact on the business
    - Regardless of the knocks on culture, still one of the best out there

Cons

- Would like to see more emphasis on taking theory into practice
    - Would like to see more emphasis on client outcomes

10. "Highly collaborative and intellectually stimulating place to work!"

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative, Familial, Educational and your responsible for your own success

Cons

Intellectually challenging and you drive your own success (also a pro)

Advice to Management

Continue to develop "tiers" within Departments to allow new roles/responsibilities to flourish