SiriusDecisions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Richard Eldh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Strong Leadership, Great Product and Great People!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Wilton, CT

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Leadership: The co-founders are very involved, in an empowering vs. micro-managing way and genuinely care about the clients and every member of their staff. The rest of the Executive Leadership Team is made up of extremely intelligent individuals that have the experience to make you feel confident in their decisions and also are not all "like-minded" which results in productive discussions and organizational changes that are focused on helping the company grow in creative ways.

- Professional Development: No one is going to beg you to advocate for yourself or push yourself, however if you are a go-getter and self motivated the opportunities for you are endless at this organization. Creative ideas are supported and honest feedback is solicited across the board. It can be challenging at times because of the access you have to new information (via the research) and you can get a bit overwhelmed or feeling like you "don't know enough"--however, no one penalizes you and since the research is ongoing--no one in the company knows everything, you learn and advance together. The analysts are more than happy to take time to explain a process or the findings of a study to you 1:1 so that you can properly position to your clients. If you come to leadership with an idea or request for a creative way to enhance your professional development either on a side project or getting a certification in a new skill they support and often times will fund.

-People: Our analysts are some of the worlds most successful businesses past executives that helped those companies get where they are and you have access to them. As a young adult in my 20's this is very humbling as in many organizations I would be 5-15+ layers below them in an org. chart. They never act that way and genuinely enjoy educating the younger staff, specifically sales on B2B best practices and are very approachable (and fun when you take them on the road for sales & client meetings!). You're treated well no matter what your race, gender, age, experience etc. but hard work is rewarded fairly.

- Compensation/ Pay: The pay in $$$ is fair. If your goal is to make a ton of money fast and get out--I would not recommend this company. You have to work hard for every commission check and often times things are in some degree out of your hands when it comes to renewing our selling to clients because we work with the C-Level and things like: M&A, Market Changes and Regulations can impact our sales cycles and client renewals. The benefits are unbeatable. When I say benefits I mean true benefits..not perks like "snacks". Generous Matching 401k, Healthcare that is unheard of (they pay the deductible for you) and unlimited PTO--which they actually let you use with no judgement.

Net-Net, it was one of the best decisions I've ever made to come work for this company. I trust the leaders to care about their employees and protect our rights/ treat us fairly, my colleagues are my genuine friends and I can more than comfortably support myself and some of my expensive habits but in a range that doesn't give me a boiler room ego.

Cons

- We have growing pains and sometimes skip really easy steps that could make big difference. Continue to think big, but you need to still sweat or at least vet some of the small stuff because thousands of pennies left on the table = big dollars.

- The sales compensation pay-out can be very end of year heavy--which at times can create financial inconveniences. It would be really nice to have more of a steady pay-out as it also creates tax deduction challenges.

Advice to Management

-Get rid of low-performers faster. The 80-20 rule is reversed in this company which is a good problem to have and it makes the low-performing 20% easier to identify faster. I wish you would take care of that faster because at times it really negatively impacts our clients and also forces those high performers to have to work so hard they get burnt out to compensate for them.

-Continue to innovate for the company, not just for the clients. We are VERY forward thinking for our clients and want to go above and beyond developing new best practices or studies that they can leverage or operationalize. I suggest taking a step back and empower/ educate your employees on how to use that knowledge to make our company stronger and better and then hold us accountable to doing so, you deserve that.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced but fun work environment. Will learn a lot and have a lot of exposure to important people at outside organizations.

Cons

I don't have any cons about this place

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Waltham, MA

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company Culture, Great work environment, and highly driven co-workers. Learning a lot as well and enjoy what I do.

Cons

Don't have really anything bad in my time here

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Incredible company, culture and product."

Former Employee - Vice President of Marketing in Wilton, CT
    Former Employee - Vice President of Marketing in Wilton, CT

I worked at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Market-leading product
    - Collegial atmosphere
    - Transparency in leadership communications
    - Great brand that has become well recognized in B2B
    - Opportunities to have a real impact on the business
    - Regardless of the knocks on culture, still one of the best out there

Cons

- Would like to see more emphasis on taking theory into practice
    - Would like to see more emphasis on client outcomes

5. "Highly collaborative and intellectually stimulating place to work!"

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative, Familial, Educational and your responsible for your own success

Cons

Intellectually challenging and you drive your own success (also a pro)

Advice to Management

Continue to develop "tiers" within Departments to allow new roles/responsibilities to flourish

"A positive, professional, engaging place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've found SiriusDecisions to be a positive, professional, engaging place to work with dedicated, smart, thoughtful associates. There's not a lot of ego and many opportunities to make a difference. SiriusDecisions works with many best-in-class b-to-b companies and associates have the opportunity to engage with them.

On the topic of not a lot of ego, I've found senior management approachable and dedicated. The co-founders sit amongst us and associates are comfortable interacting with them.

Cons

Learning the product (b-to-b advisory, consulting, research, learning and events) takes time and dedication. I've worked in Marketing my entire career but SiriusDecisions takes it to another level. Practitioners with years of experience and success serve in advisory / consulting roles to help sales, marketing and product professionals be successful in their roles. At times it can be difficult for new associates understand what the firm does, or how it serves it's clients, but there's a lot of support.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Your transparency is appreciated, as is your dedication. Thank you for all the things you do for for us, such as subsidized lunches and above average healthcare.

7. "Install Base Sales - Bay Area"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Working at SD provides you the opportunity to learn in-depth about the revenue generating functions, marketing, sales and product management, of B-to-B companies. Each day I am getting a real world MBA.
    - Fantastic networking and relationship building opportunities with our Director, VP, and C-level clients
    - Wonderful culture, benefits, and leadership

Cons

- As with any high-growth company, we feel growing pains in the sales org. Stress can run high, work/life balance can be a challenge.
    - Complex suite of products sold to variety of buyers across industries, getting mastery of products and buyer needs difficult at the onset

"Great place to start your career"

Former Employee - Research in Wilton, CT
    Former Employee - Research in Wilton, CT

I worked at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intelligent group of employees who are passionate about what they do and very committed to their clients. Unlimited PTO.

Cons

There seemed to be a lot of separation between certain teams from a cultural perspective, mainly sales and research.

Advice to Management

Focus more on company events, collaboration, and team-building.

9. "Challenging, but rewarding sales environment"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High pay ceiling. Develops C-Level relationships through the sales process. Product is applicable to many other roles/jobs. Winner's circle is unforgettable.

Cons

Somewhat complex product and learning curve. Company has a few, natural growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on maintaining your culture throughout the organization as it grows!

"Sales"

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What we sell is very valuable to the buyer and the SiriusDecisions name and events are well respected. Leadership focuses on making sure the resources necessary to hit goals are available, you just have to leverage them. Overall a positive environment with a focus on team culture and hiring for that fit.

Cons

Typical fast growing company growing pains.