SiriusDecisions "sales and marketing" Reviews | Glassdoor

SiriusDecisions Employee Reviews about "sales and marketing"

Updated Dec 28, 2016

4.1
SiriusDecisions Managing Director Richard Eldh (no image)
Richard Eldh
Pros
  • "Growing company that is "exiting" the start-up phase and is seen as a major force in advising product, sales and marketing leaders(in 6 reviews)

• "Will learn a lot and have a lot of exposure to important people at outside organizations(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "We have growing pains and sometimes skip really easy steps that could make big difference(in 6 reviews)

• "Stress can run high, work/life balance can be a challenge(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "sales and marketing"

Return to all Reviews

"Install Base Sales - Bay Area"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Working at SD provides you the opportunity to learn in-depth about the revenue generating functions, marketing, sales and product management, of B-to-B companies. Each day I am getting a real world MBA. - Fantastic networking and relationship building opportunities with our Director, VP, and C-level clients - Wonderful culture, benefits, and leadership

Cons

- As with any high-growth company, we feel growing pains in the sales org. Stress can run high, work/life balance can be a challenge. - Complex suite of products sold to variety of buyers across industries, getting mastery of products and buyer needs difficult at the onset

SiriusDecisions2016-12-28

"If I was asked to do it all over again, I wouldn't."

Sales

I worked at SiriusDecisions

Pros

Subscription-based research and advisory is an interesting space to be in. You can learn a lot about business intelligence, sales and marketing.

Cons

1. The sales team is very overworked. Expected hours are 8-6 minimum (with much of the team arriving around 7:30 and leaving after 6:30, only to open their laptops as soon as they get home). 2. It is not uncommon for sales people to be fired for not hitting their number. And with a perfect storm of lofty quotas, high pressure and an underwhelming product, missing quota is a reality. 3. Very tenured sales folks, (AE's with 10+ years experience managing sales teams) are expected to cold call. 4. Most of the sales team is made up of friends and relatives of the co-founders and VP's. 5. Career development is limited to those friends and relatives of the co-founders and VP's.

Advice to Management

Churn is clearly an issue, so spend time addressing work satisfaction. Re-think your HR policies. Treat your employees better. Let them take vacation without feeling guilty.

SiriusDecisions2016-06-08

"Great culture, surrounded by intelligent people and learning so much each and every day!"

Current Employee - Client Success Channel in Wilton, CT

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing company that is "exiting" the start-up phase and is seen as a major force in advising product, sales and marketing leaders. Solid benefits, people and growth opportunities. Sr. Leadership leads by example - they couldn't be more genuine. Outstanding portfolio of products/services that our clients benefit from daily.

Cons

Work life balance can be a challenge, but that falls more on me than my employer - something I need to figure out.

Advice to Management

Keep on communicating your vision and thank you for providing us all such an amazing culture in which we can develop and grow!

SiriusDecisions2015-12-28

"Innovative, growing company with the best sales team around."

Account Executive

I worked at SiriusDecisions for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at two other public organizations over the last 7 years, and I have learned more in the year time I was at SiriusDecisions then I had in my entire career. The company is incredibly team oriented. The people are at the heart of why the organization is such a success. I no longer dreaded Mondays going into the office. As part of the sales team, you have the opportunity to learn from the talented team of analysts that were previously c-level executives in marketing, sales and communication. You couldn't work with a more brilliant, supportive group of people. As an Account Executive, you are compensated and rewarded fairly for the efforts you put into this job. There is also great opportunity for a long term career here. The compensation structure is set up so that the sales, marketing, and research analysts teams are incented to work together. Every team is committed to ensuring the clients needs are met. The sales team is laser focused on their goals and they work together on strategy and approach. Given the rapid growth phase they are in, I was continually impressed with how well the team adjusted to the necessary changes. In my opinion, its the best sales organization I've ever worked in and it was a privilege to work with such a great group of individuals. Separate from the day to day job, during my time at the company I found out I was pregnant. The management team went above and beyond my expectations to ensure that no additional stress was added to my plate so I could take the time I needed to care for my child. They were flexible, understanding and committed to meet my work/life balance needs. In these situations, and from my experience, the management team always does what is right for the employee.

Cons

Sales has a work hard play hard mentality. If your not willing to put in the hours, you won't reap any benefits of a great career here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Visibility into the decisions your making allows employees to be committed to their day to day work. This is important given the rapid growth.

SiriusDecisions2015-03-06

"Impressive small firm having a hard time scaling"

Former Employee - Sales in Wilton, CT

I worked at SiriusDecisions full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can learn a lot about what sales and marketing needs to do in B2B to be successful.

Cons

Management is chaotic, sometimes retributional, some "research" is based on very flimsy data.

Advice to Management

Train your managers! Talk about problems with the company openly. Bring in other successful managers to help with growth.

SiriusDecisions2014-03-22
  6. "It is an absolute honor and privilege to work at SiriusDecisions"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Best leadership I have ever been around -Very strong company culture - family-like atmosphere -Amazing growth YOY -Tremendous client base with an outstanding list of references -Unfettered access to some of the brightest minds in the industry, the analyst team is filled with former senior sales and marketing execs w/ 20+ years of experience and they are all open to sharing their experiences for the betterment of the team and are always open to teaching and collaborating

Cons

Tough to name any cons...just need to continue to hire top notch sales people and analysts as we continue to grow so rapidly

Advice to Management

Continue to have an "open door" policy - this encourages suggestions for product and process enhancement.

SiriusDecisions2013-07-17