SiriusDecisions "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

SiriusDecisions Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 28, 2016

4.1
SiriusDecisions Managing Director Richard Eldh (no image)
Richard Eldh
Pros
  • "Growing company that is "exiting" the start-up phase and is seen as a major force in advising product, sales and marketing leaders(in 6 reviews)

• "Will learn a lot and have a lot of exposure to important people at outside organizations(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "We have growing pains and sometimes skip really easy steps that could make big difference(in 6 reviews)

• "Stress can run high, work/life balance can be a challenge(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Install Base Sales - Bay Area"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Working at SD provides you the opportunity to learn in-depth about the revenue generating functions, marketing, sales and product management, of B-to-B companies. Each day I am getting a real world MBA. - Fantastic networking and relationship building opportunities with our Director, VP, and C-level clients - Wonderful culture, benefits, and leadership

Cons

- As with any high-growth company, we feel growing pains in the sales org. Stress can run high, work/life balance can be a challenge. - Complex suite of products sold to variety of buyers across industries, getting mastery of products and buyer needs difficult at the onset

SiriusDecisions2016-12-28

"Great culture, surrounded by intelligent people and learning so much each and every day!"

Current Employee - Client Success Channel in Wilton, CT

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing company that is "exiting" the start-up phase and is seen as a major force in advising product, sales and marketing leaders. Solid benefits, people and growth opportunities. Sr. Leadership leads by example - they couldn't be more genuine. Outstanding portfolio of products/services that our clients benefit from daily.

Cons

Work life balance can be a challenge, but that falls more on me than my employer - something I need to figure out.

SiriusDecisions2015-12-28

"Growing company w/ bright future but also growing pains"

I worked at SiriusDecisions

Pros

The rate of growth is definitely the largest pro for SD. Lot of opportunity as the company takes on new challenges and fills new gaps in the marketing consulting industry.

Cons

Growth results in growing pains and lack of clarity around roles. Work/Life balance is a bit non-existent. They expect 60+ hour weeks out of their sales people. A lot of folks are thrown into the fire after remedial training or understanding of what they're selling/marketing.

SiriusDecisions2014-10-14

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Accountable, experienced and fair leadership. The owners of the company, while of course busy, will make the time for you. They realize the growth of this organization depends on their employees and they treat us accordingly. Camaraderie with colleagues is also excellent, I've held several corporate jobs and do not dread Mondays as in the past. You have the opportunity to truly help your clients transform their organizations - which not only feels good but gives credibility to the organization as whole.

Cons

This is a work hard/play hard environment. I only say this for some the work/life balance reviews below. This is not a job when you check in at 9 and out at 5 with a set lunch break and are only here to collect a paycheck - your effort contributes to the growth of the organization and to those around you. Do I check email on nights/weekends? Yes. I was also brought up to understand that success requires hard work and anything done well takes time. This is not a con.

SiriusDecisions2014-01-16

"A great company for learning about sales and marketing, terrible if you want to have a life outside of work."

I have been working at SiriusDecisions full-time

Pros

- Access to great research - Most of the team is very intelligent and willing to help - Clients are happy/find value in Sirius - Access to leadership is available (by appointment)

Cons

- They don't practice what they preach in sales and marketing. - Mid-level leadership has not had formal training (clearly their first time managing other employees) and it's either too hands on or too hands off (a huge disparity). - The work life balance is terrible, and this is clearly an organization based on face time (yes, it's true - the vacation policy is AWFUL). - On-boarding/training leaves you ill-equipped for success, and expectations for content knowledge are unrealistic (given time frames allotted especially). - Very, VERY nepotistic - While many individuals are intelligent and considerate, an equal majority are not. Roll the dice with the analysts! - Compensation is OK - they sell you on the access to knowledge as reason enough to accept what they pay you.

SiriusDecisions2013-12-03