SiriusXM Reviews in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
SiriusXM CEO James E. Meyer
James E. Meyer

Pros
  • Relaxed work environment, as challenging as you want it to be (in 19 reviews)

• Very laid back and contemporary (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Limited room for growth in the company / industry (in 10 reviews)

• You will be asked to work on holidays or when you are off of work or on vacation, very poor work life balance (in 9 reviews)

1. "Friendly team to work with."

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SiriusXM Is easygoing, stress free environment. I had a great time working there. I learned a lot, gained more experience in a very short time period.

Cons

SiriusXM is not a great place for career growth.
    Other than that I have nothing more to add.

Overall, good location, good people, fun experience.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM (More than 3 years)

Pros

Summer Fridays, Bonuses, and Stock options. Work life balance

Cons

Not Innovative. Complacency. Office politics plays a strong role in advancement with the company.

Advice to Management

Reward job performance over those that suck up to management while bad at their job.

"Hell"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really good people to work with

Cons

Management makes it hell literally. Screaming, yelling and constant threat of you suck and you'll be fired.
    If you want to be abused as an adult than this is the place for you.
    Good luck and stay strong

5. "Smart, dedicated people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Filled with smart people who enjoy their jobs and are passionate about the company. Positive work environment with great benefits.

Cons

Departments can be very siloed and the overall structure is opaque. Senior management can also be difficult to approach. Limited opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Encourage more sharing across departments: it would save time and effort and foster more teamwork.

6. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good, smart people, interesting company, dynamic industry and quality work environment. Easy hours with good work life balance, summer hours are nice

Cons

No opportunity for advancement, individual achievement not recognized, no mentoring or cross training. Once you've been here a while most mentally check out and eventually leave

Advice to Management

Recognize those who contribute, promote teamwork and interaction with other departments. Promote for quality work, not just because someone has been there "long enough" for next title. Hire more women older than 30

7. "Supervisor"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Very supportive staff. Lots of perks dealing with Howard Stern & team.

Cons

Lots of jealousy with lower tier employees towards upper management. Had to worry about continuously being stabbed in the back. No one respected my position n the company. Upper management was not professional enough.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people with less than 7 years experience for management positions.

8. "Contracts Director"

Current Employee - Director in Poughquag, NY
    Current Employee - Director in Poughquag, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM (More than 8 years)

Pros

Cool points, fascinating business, people I work with

Cons

people I am forced to work with, work divas

"All depends on department and your manager"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM (More than 3 years)

Pros

Again all depends on department and your superior. Some places have good work/life balance and some areas you need to work late. Thats basically it unfortunately

Cons

upper management only wants to kiss a $$ to executives instead of getting work done. No open communication to all employees, god forbid you sent an email to senior management and worse if you made a spelling mistake or punctuation was wrong. SUPER HILO organization here, you can't work with another department; they do their things and you do your things. No culture here, basically its like working in a closet. Almost 95% Indians (not racist) so meetings and remembering names is a job itself. Benefits/perks? coffee, soda and pretzels, that it. Some free food once in a while and normal company discounts, blah blah blah. Crappy laptops, low resolution monitors. Also don't try to ask for a wireless mouse or any upgrades, I had to bring my own. Laptop is locked up and can't install anything or modify anything (but kind of understandable). If you are in IT area, good luck with competition and pray you have a great team. Health Benefits are normal but better than most. If you get paid higher than most, be prepared to not get many raises "because you get paid a lot more than your peers". There are more cons, but again, if you are luck to get a good team maybe you can add to the Pros.
    Executive management ONLY cares about profit which is obvious for all companies but in a recent company meeting, CEO blatantly stating I don't care anything about our customers just if they subscribe and pay us money.
    Again depends on your team, but mostly all quartler/yearly reviews are all about #s and PROVING/SHOWING what you are doing. I know you need to show what has been done during the year but it looks more like if you don't have a lot to show, it doesn't look good. Luckily I am way too busy to have free time and barely time to eat lunch during 12pm.
    Meetings? work hours 9am to 5pm be prepared to have meetings filling up your entire day and MAYBE having 1 or 2 hours to actually do work. If I didn't have meetings m productivity would honestly quadruple. THere are mulitple meetings where someone sends out and email and when joins the call, just reads the email on the call (slowly) and then asks if any questions; there is an 1hour of my life I can't get back.
    If you like to be alone, no team feeling, like to drink coffee alone and eat lunch alone, love to have a permanent crink in your neck because of meetings taking up 7 hours of your day, this might be a Pro for you.

Advice to Management

I don't blame managers or directors but the executive management. I guess the executive management puts some sort of fear or threats to the subordinates thus they put it down to all other employees thus my Cons regarding open communication and God forbid you try to email upper management.

10. "Music Operations Intern"

Former Intern - Music Programming Operations in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Intern - Music Programming Operations in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at SiriusXM as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

You have access to free books and are allowed to be part of the audience when artists come by for interviews / performances.

Cons

At the time, the company were laying off a lot of people - so as an intern, there wasn't much room for growth.

11. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Place to Work. Nice People

Cons

Changing Environment. IT went through a restructure.