SiriusXM Reviews | Glassdoor

SiriusXM Reviews

Updated March 15, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great learning experience and great work environment (in 18 reviews)

• Very laid back and contemporary (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Limited room for growth in the company / industry (in 10 reviews)

• You will be asked to work on holidays or when you are off of work or on vacation, very poor work life balance (in 9 reviews)

"Board Operator"

Former Employee - Board Operator in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Board Operator in Washington, DC

I worked at SiriusXM part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Might open you up to some new opportunities; can, in rare times, be exciting

Cons

Bad pay, bad hours. My management happened to be great, but several other managers are really not. HR does NOT have anything together whatsoever. I was a valued employee and I asked for a raise after a year and a half of working there and my manager tried very hard to secure one for me, but corporate does not want to give raises. In general, production staff is treated badly and corporate does not reward their talented employees. It's decently thankless work, too.

2. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good, smart people, interesting company, dynamic industry and quality work environment. Easy hours with good work life balance, summer hours are nice

Cons

No opportunity for advancement, individual achievement not recognized, no mentoring or cross training. Once you've been here a while most mentally check out and eventually leave

Advice to Management

Recognize those who contribute, promote teamwork and interaction with other departments. Promote for quality work, not just because someone has been there "long enough" for next title. Hire more women older than 30

3. "Programming"

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time

Pros

I mean, it's a job with a paycheck and that's cool. Who doesn't like getting paid?

Cons

Soulless, mind numbing work. When you do great things it won't be appreciated.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Bang up job

5. "Supervisor"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Very supportive staff. Lots of perks dealing with Howard Stern & team.

Cons

Lots of jealousy with lower tier employees towards upper management. Had to worry about continuously being stabbed in the back. No one respected my position n the company. Upper management was not professional enough.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people with less than 7 years experience for management positions.

6. "Music Programming - Intern"

Pros

Great environment, paid, work with Prophet and Zeta

Cons

None, SiriusXM internship is a great way to learn about the radio world

"Retention Specialist"

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time

Pros

Good benefits
    Off on Sundays
    Free Sirius XM radio subscription
    Good training
    Free indoor gym
    Professional work atmosphere

Cons

Not working for radio subscription department, but Connected Vehicle Services department for car companies like Mercedes Benz/Toyota/Lexus.
    Commission structure is terrible where you have to meet 85% of the month revenue to goal otherwise you get zero commission. There is no transparency as to what each rep makes to build competition. This is more of an hourly job, not sales driven commission type of job.
    Have to leave cellphones/purses in lockers, can't take it with you while working due to PCI compliance.

Advice to Management

Pay your reps higher per hour or give them more incentives to make more money on commission. Generate reports to show them how they did commission wise and how they can improve to get more money. Care more for your employees when they bring stuff to your attention that something needs to change.

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I worked at SiriusXM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Diverse products and people, fun product

Cons

Very disfunctional management, confusion, lack of opportunity

9. "Loved working here."

Former Employee - Associate Product Engineer in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Associate Product Engineer in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at SiriusXM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere. Down to earth people with a drive to get the job done yet keeping a light hearted approach.

Cons

Since the merger I think the current employees just aren't as happy as they used to be.

10. "Sales manager"

I worked at SiriusXM full-time

Pros

Competitive, team oriented, interesting, fast paced, multiple career paths.

Cons

So many different departments and aspects make it harder to decipher what's needed and from who on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Make sure that the training and salaries are commensurate with the job responsibilities and effort put forth by those employees.

11. "This place is garbage"

Former Employee - Retention Agent
    Former Employee - Retention Agent

I worked at SiriusXM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free siriusxm subscription, pretty good benefits.

Cons

Firts off the hire outbound managers that don't know anything. You literally have to train your own boss so they can tell you, your doing your job wrong.The turn over rate is so high you never know who's your lead half the time. They pay is horrible, you do nothing with the radio side only connected vehicle services, you get yelled at and screamed at by people who didn't even know they had the service, and your job is to convince them too keep it. Even on the response side (the life saving acn's and sos features they brag so much about) your job is to sell sell sell, even if the services don't work half the time, and they don't trust me. Your always there I swear I felt like I lived there, and only made about 800 dollars every two weeks. Plus anything that goes wrong even if it's a system error (and there's allot of those) it's blamed on you and they will throw you under the bus. DO NOT WORK HERE. Please go somewhere else it's not worth it. The ceo of the company even said "sell our services like it's life or death, I don't care if it don't work half the time". Let that sink in.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring outbound leads and management. Get your system together and stop putting the blame on the employees and take accountability for your own doings.