SiriusXM Reviews | Glassdoor

SiriusXM Reviews

Updated October 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Casual work environment, continuous training (in 22 reviews)

• SiriusXM does have pretty good benefits (in 17 reviews)

1. "Programmer"

Current Employee - Programmer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Programmer in New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM part-time

Pros

Nice view! Nice Staff!

Cons

Entry Level is less work. CRUMBS. But once you land this job keep applying for opportunities. Keep your mind on the prize. Always take notes and never settle.

Advice to Management

Fill up those empty seats & offices.

"Senior Solutions Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Analyst

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits
    Company has a good business model.

Cons

Work culture.
    No growth in the organization.
    Don't care of the people in the team.

3. "Not enough room for growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at SiriusXM part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always an exciting atmosphere, friendly co-workers, hard working crew

Cons

Management misdirection, little room for growth

Advice to Management

Try to promote from within more.

4. "Sirius XM Overview"

Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits! Very friendly co-workers, people will really help out where they can. Management is very easily accessible. The everyday employees, really want to see the organization grow and do well. Lots of training opportunities. Have to ability to do a lot of good on your own. Be willing to work had and it is an organization that you can work at for a long-time.

Cons

Senior management, really does isolate themselves from the rest of the organization. They can be tough to reach.

Like to give bonuses in the form of stock options, rather than a boost to the yearly salary.

Communicate better with employees looking to advance and apply for other jobs within the organization.

Advice to Management

Listen a little more employees and be more willing to improve the salaries.

"Response Specialist $13 Slave Job"

Former Employee - Response Specialist in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Response Specialist in Irving, TX

I worked at SiriusXM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intimidation! This is about how the company's training is actually referred to as boot camp. The main boss that introduces herself says the rules for the floor were as follows: We couldn't have desk fans, blankets, black pouches that hold our headphones. It was stated that these were not official rules but she “just didn't like it”, leading us to believe she was the final say in all matters. This was back in February. When this same woman spoke of agents who were no longer working at Sirius it was ALWAYS to threaten us. When speaking about policies and agent's who had violated or not been up to par on various parts of their job it was always “well those people aren't here anymore” said with enjoyment. Didn't care to mask anything. She almost boasted about those agents having been fired. We all looked at each other confused. She never asked our names. Not once. She did however choose to introduce herself with the following; “First person who knows my name gets a prize.” This wasn't said to be playful. This was the person who was in charge of our department and our first impression of her was one that induced intense fear, anxiety and uncertainty. This was supposed to be a Welcome. It was more of a dictation. Actually, it was meant to be just that. We were ALL well aware we were to NEVER cross her. We were to make NO mistakes.
    One morning I witnessed an agent say good morning to this manager particularly in a really upbeat friendly tone and she looked at her with a look on her face that I can only describe as one that says 'Why on Earth would you be speaking to me?' and then walked away without a word. I specifically remember this agent walked away looking crushed. Her feelings looked shattered. Like me, her job is to build rapport and have empathy with our customers and she had to return to work not understanding what she had done wrong. Another peer, whom was brand new when she encountered the same response from this woman at the phone counter. There have actually been no agents I could personally find that didn't have some version of that experience with her. The only common denominator was that the agents that expressed their negative experiences with her were all female. While she got easier for me to interact with personally we are always intimidated in group settings.
    To us, this monster of a manager was the big boss and we knew from the very beginning to never challenge that. Not even when she was in the wrong.

Cons

We are told it is call avoidance to clock out even a minute early for breaks and lunches. If we work into or even all the way through our scheduled breaks it is not adjusted (as a rule but is done for some depending on your supervisor.
Here's an example:
    Agent X is scheduled for a lunch break at 12pm but they get a really bad ACN at 11:59am. They handle the call thoroughly standing by with the customer who may have life threatening injuries. The call ends at 12:25pm. Agent X is now 25 minutes out of adherence going into their lunch meal and another 25 minutes out of it because they are still needing to take a lunch break. Agent X is now 50 minites out of adherence. They're then told that's why the goal isn't 100%. They're given 7% which is not really theirs since it's designated first and foremost back to the company. The 7% is not the agent's to use at all. Again, it's designated to you. Then they're told that agents should wait for their scheduled breaks to use the restroom or not have bathroom emergencies when they've explained they need liquids to get through back to back calls. They're told to wait to check on their sick child or ailing parent.
    Agent X is told that it doesn't matter that they were working to sell and save accounts and lives and that's just the “way it is”. Agent X decided not to take a lunch thinking it will help them stay in adherence. They just had to choose working for time they'll never be paid for or being written up or possibly losing their job because unfortunately Agent X had back to back calls that consistently ran into their breaks. If this agent can't log out even a minute or two early and the calls are back to back, the agent will always be choosing between working for free or facing what can be pretty harsh consequences if they continue having this problem. Why would working hard to make your company money and taking the half hr meal break allowed by law put us in the position of bargaining with our job security or submit ourselves to free labor to save our scorecard? Having to reduce liquids the higher the call volume because I may not be able to use the bathroom in time. If it's busy I know I'm probably going to run into my break times.

Advice to Management

ASK THEM FOR THE TRUTH, LISTEN AND STOP IGNORING THEM! THEY ARE HUMAN BEINGS AND THEY ARE TERRIFIED! And so was I.
    Sick and Exhausted, Diamond C. Medina

6. "great work atmosphere"

Current Employee - Facilities in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Facilities in Washington, DC

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great atmosphere to work in, the das go by pretty fast.

Cons

advancement is very slow you may be stuck in the same position for years depending on the department.

Advice to Management

listen to the people that has experience in the field that they work in.

"As an intern it was good, don't want to work there though"

Former Employee - Internship in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Internship in Washington, DC

I worked at SiriusXM (More than a year)

Pros

great location, paid internship which is rare, many interns get hired there. My mentor was great, patient, gave me work to do so I was rarely bored, and let me take initiative when I wanted to.

Cons

The environment felt off, the people seemed fake, according to employees they work really hard and long for little pay, depending on the boss you may have a positive or negative experience.

Advice to Management

let employees shine, try not to over burden them.

8. "Just OK"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started working here as an intern and was hired as FT in the following year

Cons

Everything takes forever. Very limited growth. The company has gotten much bigger in the past few years but the internal movement is at a snails pace.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive! Hire people! Acknowledge that people need extra resources instead of piling on more and more responsibilities.

9. "Great benefits & flexible work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Health Benefits. PTO, Sick & Personal Days. Casual Dress code.

Cons

Not using cutting edge technologies.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees before making any organizational changes

10. "Put Out the Fire"

I have been working at SiriusXM full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent salary & better than average benefits.

Cons

Where to start. Top heavy management. Constant in fighting within management. Very "Silo" oriented. No planning or managing of projects. Everything is reactionary. Constant "put out the fire approach" or "tail wagging the dog".

Advice to Management

Manage.....work with and listen to your staff. Sit down and actually plan out a project.