SirsiDynix Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
SirsiDynix CEO Bill Davison
Bill Davison

Pros
  • The work environment fosters growth and opportunity as the teams work together to accomplish their goals (in 11 reviews)

• They have an excellent break room (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The Health Insurance is kind of pricy (in 7 reviews)

• Product development just recently hired additional developers so is just now making progress on delivering new products (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We always have fun activities and monthly auctions using points that other people give you as a thank you. The support center is not a call center.

Cons

They don't always very jalapeño smear on free bagel day.

Advice to Management

Take better care of the support department. We are treated really well but we need a few more people.

Sep 13, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for your feedback. I'll see what we can do about the jalapeño smear! It sounds like you are in Customer Support, so let me know if you are on the EMEA or APAC team. And thank you for your ... More

"A dinosaur"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people in the Utah facility are extremely pleasant and friendly. The office building is nice. The amenities for employees while at work are above average.

Cons

Horrible benefits. Low salary. Lied about compensation coming in. The products are poorly designed and implemented. Ownership is private equity so their just trying to make the company's bottom line look good for investors.

Advice to Management

I don't know if there's anything that management can do. The equity firm that owns this company holds the purse strings and determines the company's future. Not a great situation for an employee to walk into.

Jan 0, 0000 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review. Your compensation comment caught my attention immediately, as it is the goal of my team to never set unrealistic expectations during the recruitment process. Please contact ... More

"Terrible Development Department!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SirsiDynix (More than 10 years)

Pros

I think SirsiDynix has made EOS International a better place to work. I like Yimees, company fun days, and the ice bucket challenge. These things boost moral and made me feel like more of a team member. I like SirsiDynix's new hires. I have met the CEO of the company. He is the nicest man!

Cons

Unfortunately the cons over shadow the pros. Development has been impossible to work with. They try to segregate themselves from all other departments and sometimes are straight up just rude. I believe everyone in the company is part of a team, not just my department. But it has been a very negative and uncomfortable atmosphere. Helping each other is out of the realm of possibility.

Advice to Management

I think development can rethink what it means to be a team. It is all about the people at work. They make the company. I have heard name calling and experienced the blame game. The scrum masters can be better trained. The position requires people skills so next time hire some people that actually have these skills. I will encourage coworkers to post reviews and update mine if things improve in the future. Thanks for reading my review!

Oct 7, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As a company, it is absolutely necessary for all of us to work together and be one team, even though some of us are in different offices on opposite ... More

5. "Lies and more lies"

Current Employee - Sales in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only pro is OK pay but health insurance is on the rise.

Cons

Everyone is told there is opportunity for upward movement. They keep firing people then hire new ones with the same lies, over and over again.

Advice to Management

This product does not sell itself so please treat us with a little respect. Please don't call people asking who wrote a review it is anonymous for a reason!

"Unhealthy work/life balance"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Free coffee and bagles.

Cons

Managers did not mind employees working until 9 or 10 pm to complete task that was given last minute. Those who worked on vacation and volunteered to work late nights were praised. Even though the quality of work was not high.

SirsiDynix offers salaries that are below market value so coworkers weren't the best or the brightest to work with.

Long meetings that did not accomplish anything. It seemed like over 50% of the work week was spent in meetings rather than coding. It was irritating working here and there was much better opportunities elsewhere.

Apr 1, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Based on the content of your review, I’m guessing that you have not been employed here for at least two or three years. In that time, we’ve significantly expanded our software development group and ... More

"If you like Low Pay then You'll LOVE working for this company"

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Some reviews from 2016 cite some Pros please read them and evaluate accordingly.

Cons

High turnover: this problem has existed since more than 15 years and doesn't seem to be getting any better according to some current reviews

Product management is STILL creating confusion which affects the company's ability to stick to a realistic release schedule which translates into potentially long work hours for anyone working in the Engineering Department.

Frequent layoffs: during my time at this company, there were two layoffs per year for more than 5 years. According to a current review of this company, rather frequent layoffs are STILL a fact of life here.

Based upon the reviews left about this company, even the Cons comments in otherwise positive reviews are quite revealing. I have pointed out a few ongoing issues. There are others. Several key issues that existed over a decade ago are still issues today which doesn't offer much hope for real change. There is a valid reason why there are jobs on the company's Careers webpage for which this company is continuously recruiting.

Bottom line, if you need to get your feet wet and get some experience then work here for a year, put in your long hours (especially if you're going to work in Engineering) and then dump SirsiDynix and go get a higher paying job in a less toxic work environment.

May 9, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Based on your review, it sounds like you have not been employed here for some time. Many of your comments about current circumstances are interpretations based on other reviews rather than your own ... More

"Only a good company to begin the journey with"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

If you have no experience with software development this is a decent company to start out with but as you grow as an engineer, product owner,etc. the salary raises are not competitive enough to stay.

I would say that promotions are the easiest to get here. Honestly you just have to be friendly towards your manager. Nothing else is required. Managers have too much on their plates and are easily fooled by the people who appear to work hard. I did my part on my team but would notice that it did not carry more weight when i worked harder verses when I took it easy. Either way a promotion was around the corner.

Cons

Compensation is low, health insurance costs are high. Managers favor certain workers over others without realizing it.

Release cycles were complex, unnecessarily complex due to testing not extensive enough. This was mentioned in other reviews so I guess I am not alone on this opinion. Seems like software patching was always necessary. Even with patching software there seemed to have high levels of high priority production issues for most products. Too many late nights. This effects both the engineers and saas and is very preventable.

People leaving the company. An issue since the beginning for me. I believe this is something to just get used to.

Many people at the company were pretentious. One of the reasons why I left. I would rather focus on software issues than people issues.

Advice to Management

There are people who work really hard for the company who go unnoticed. Please focus on your loyal employees before they decide to depart.

"tester for a few years"

Former Employee - Tester
    Former Employee - Tester

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Good culture

Happy people. Developers were friendly and helpful. Made me feel like I was part of a good team always

Fun activities (And lots of them)

Cons

Pay isn't competitive

I did not enjoy my time working as a tester
    The QA managers were extremely unhelpful. Very poor leadership
    The advancement was slow to none with no conversation on why or what could be improved on. Basically very poor communication skills
    The other testers I worked with were arrogant yet unskilled. I knew I did not want to stay as a lifer at Sirsi and become like them. But the skills gained at Sirsi helped me with my current job. I had to learn these skills myself as no training was provided by the QA department. More people should have spoken up about the issues in QA but I wish Sirsi luck with this in the future

A lot of scrum masters were too inexperienced (they are working on this)

I agree with the other reviews on:
    health insurance was too high

Advice to Management

Management outside of QA did a great job, no complaints there
    When I bought up issues, it was always resolved (almost instantly). Even though I did not get my way every time, I was just glad someone listened and followed up

10. "Somethings work, somethings don't"

Current Employee - Support Analyst in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Support Analyst in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, team oriented, work at your own pace.

Cons

Their software has major flaws. Have a hard time keeping Customer Support staffed ending up in a workload that is often times unbearable.

Advice to Management

Hire more people,

11. "Uhm Yeah"

Pros

The co-workers are pretty good at this company.

Cons

The executives care more about spending money on their offices then on their employees. Mass lay offs every week.

Advice to Management

treat employees like you want to be treated