SirsiDynix Reviews | Glassdoor

SirsiDynix Reviews

Updated August 1, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Relaxed, professional atmosphere; Great work/life balance; My manager has a fantastic, progressive management style (in 11 reviews)

• The work environment fosters growth and opportunity as the teams work together to accomplish their goals (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The Health Insurance is kind of pricy (in 7 reviews)

• They seem too focused on releasing new products to realize their important products are failing (in 5 reviews)

"Best colleagues in the industry"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have seen over the past few years a renewed commitment to customer satisfaction. Especially for our Horizon customer base. The people I work with are dedicated at producing the best products and providing legendary customer service. Time and time again I see my colleagues work above and beyond to help libraries. The Executive Team understands the needs of the library industry. I Hope to be with SirsiDynix for many years to come.

Cons

High deductible health insurance , but SD does match HSA contributions.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide the leadership for us and the ILS industry

Mar 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback, and for your valuable contributions to our Customer Support team. There's no doubt that our customer support analysts and engineers are the best in our industry (and... More

"Billing Coordinator"

Current Employee - Billing Coordinator in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Billing Coordinator in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people have the most amazing, sincere attitude that you feel like you are with your family and friends.

Cons

Only 1 Ping-Pong table? well, I can't complain about that now can I? especially when they encourage you to work hard and also play hard.

Advice to Management

Please, please, keep doing what your doing, it is obvious that you care about your co-workers and have a deep desire for the company and the customers' well-being.

Apr 8, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback! It is great to hear that you are having such an awesome experience.

"Excellent entry level position"

Pros

Tons to learn in terms of testing and its processes. Also, there is much exposure to a variety of in-demand tools. Lots of back-end experience, which is desirable.

Cons

Pay is below market value
    Automation is still not a standard, but that's in the process of changing
    Not much else to say

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Mar 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for leaving this review. Automation has been a much bigger focus lately, and our executive leadership team is dedicated to moving that to the forefront of our efforts.

"Great Company!"

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

atmosphere, team, manager, growth & potential, fellow employees willingness to help and teach, HR team, fun activities, YIMees

Cons

health insurance with high deductible, feels like voice isn't always heard, more recognition from VP or Execs would be nice

Mar 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the feedback, and we are glad to see that there are so many things that you appreciate!

It can seem like VPs and executives don't see and appreciate work at all levels of the company... More

5. "Outstanding company with visionary leadership team"

Current Employee - Process Improvement Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Improvement Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working at SirsiDynix -- the executive team gets development and what the library industry needs to remain relevant in their community. The culture within Engineering is very supportive to my professional development and what I need in my personal life. I feel like I am listened to and have influence on the decisions around me.

Cons

Just like any other software development company, this is a fast paced company. If you expect an office that sits on its butt as the market passes it by, you should move on to another company.

Advice to Management

The management team wants to meet the needs of the market and the company. The level of visibility into the strategic direction of the company is helpful and should continue.

Apr 1, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the review, and for your contributions to our software development efforts.

"Best Coworkers Ever!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Considerate, professional employees; comfortable atmosphere; Zen room; Reading Room; innovative development; helping libraries!

Cons

Overwhelming amount of information to learn (training resources are optimal; it's just a LOT to take in at first).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work because you're obviously doing something right!

Mar 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for your comments!

7. "Pretty good place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix (More than a year)

Pros

You can work whenever you want or just play hearthstone all day. They have an excellent break room. They have tournaments and clubs. Mike Russell will do you right. Almost everyone is nice.

Cons

Upper management isn't aware of what development is doing
    They jump from new idea to new idea without committing resources
    The pay

Advice to Management

Do whatever you want. I'm only writing this because I have a twenty word minimum.

Apr 1, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for your comments. Of course we know you, one of our hardworking software engineers, is not playing Hearthstone all day. It is a laid-back environment, provided the necessary work is done... More

8. "Excellent Company"

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

The people are amazing. The products are cutting edge. Plus... we are helping libraries.

Cons

For my specific position, the workload fluctuates greatly, and there is no way to predict when things will be busier or calmer.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you've been doing.

Mar 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the review. I hope your workload stabilizes - if not, at least it'll keep you on your toes!

9. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix (More than 5 years)

Pros

it's an awesome place to work , dedicated people and very flexible

Cons

at this point no cons , the company can always do better but no real cons

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing

Mar 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the review. We are always looking for ways to do better, so please don't hesitate to make suggestions!

10. "A great company doing great things for the library industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix is honest, fair, and constantly looking for ways to improve in the eyes of both customers and employees. I have worked at SD for more than 4 years and the growth I have seen is phenomenal. Interdepartmental communication has boomed, as well as communication with our customer base in the form of feedback to enhance our product offering. The result is a product that simply cannot be compared to any of our competition and customers that are happy to be working with us. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of improvements still to be made to truly incorporate the best technology out there. But at the end of the day it's clear that SD is looking to be the BEST there is... not just the best in the library industry (which is frankly pretty poor in a lot of ways).

There is lots of potential for moving up, since the library industry is small and experience in the industry carries a lot of weight. Lots of chances to try new things and to grow into bigger and better positions.

Management listens to all employees and takes advice/new ideas seriously. Time and time again I've had the opportunity to spin off into uncharted waters to try something I thought would make a difference. Very fulfilling and exciting.

Cons

Not the best pay. They offer a fair wage, but I definitely think my work is worth more than they are paying me. For this reason good people keep getting drawn away into better paying positions. Actually lots of the people who get drawn away end up coming back, another testament to how much employees love it here, but wouldn't it make sense to consider industry experience more seriously and pay to keep good people?

Upper Management is often overbooked, and therefore unavailable for feedback during crucial projects. It seems like one or two of them are stretched too thin, and therefore hold their teams back.

Advice to Management

As the number of employees grows shouldn't management grow as well? I've been very impressed with all levels of management at SD, I just wish my team could get feedback on a more consistent basis from upper management.

Apr 1, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the review. You make great points in your Cons comments. It is true that great people get drawn away, but that is a reality for most companies in this area, regardless of how much they... More