SirsiDynix Reviews | Glassdoor

SirsiDynix Reviews

Updated December 1, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Relaxed, professional atmosphere; Great work/life balance; My manager has a fantastic, progressive management style (in 11 reviews)

• Flexible work environment with growth opportunity (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The Health Insurance is kind of pricy (in 7 reviews)

• They seem too focused on releasing new products to realize their important products are failing (in 5 reviews)

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Engineering in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineering in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees are the best thing about this company. Everyone is intelligent, professional and wants to make a difference. The senior management team is great to work with. They seem to really care about the industry as well as the employees. There was a recent promotion of part of the management team to C level titles. Not sure what that was about, but it doesn't seem like it has changed anything. There is a great break room (Club Blue) with free soda and games such as ping pong, darts, pool, X-Box, pool, etc...

Cons

The library industry is very competitive. Your software must stand out above the rest of the software companies. Sometimes it feels like we try to bite off more than we can chew when creating new products. We are sometimes off on the next one before making the current one the best it can be.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Continue to remember that your most important asset are the employees.

Jun 3, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for your comments! It's great to hear that you are having such a positive experience. Please contact any member of HR or feel free to utilize the intranet suggestion box if you ever have ideas... More

"Support Engineer"

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Lehi, UT

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, Fun, Professional

Cons

Did not pay the best

Jun 1, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We wish you the best!

"Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix has always been a company that will accommodate the employee as much as they can (without hurting the company).

I feel like my concerns as an employee are addressed and often considered as improvements are made.

The work environment fosters growth and opportunity as the teams work together to accomplish their goals.

Cons

When SirsiDynix moved to the Lehi Office, they were just one of a handful of buildings in the area. It is getting extremely busy in this area, and the traffic can be frustrating.

Apr 26, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for your feedback. It's great to hear that you feel heard by your management team and that you've observed and experienced growth and opportunity.

And I think we are all hoping a solution... More

"SirsiDynix Early 2016"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Although the company has faced plenty of challenges, they are always pushing to get better.

SirsiDynix's campus is beautiful.

Company events.

Cons

Has a very high turnover rate. It seems like more than half the company is new within the past few years. This has been very disruptive. Especially with having new product managers too frequently.

Too much incorrect product knowledge is being passed around. This is very harmful.

Automation is still not standard. The company shows little progress in this area.

The scrum masters position is non-technical. This was something I could not get used to. It made passing information across teams very difficult. It was just easier to go communicate with other team's engineers directly.

Testers are too dependent on engineers. The constant desk visits were not something I enjoyed.

I don't believe the products were thoroughly tested. This was something I had little control over that bothered me during my entire run.

Advice to Management

Overall management does an OK job. However following the concept of a self-organizing very closely isn't necessarily going to generate the best outcome for SirsiDynix.

Sep 13, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

I have to say that I sincerely appreciate the mention of the company events. It’s not always obvious how much work the members of our HR team put into making these successful.

On to the cons… I... More

"If you like Low Pay then You'll LOVE working for this company"

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Some reviews from 2016 cite some Pros please read them and evaluate accordingly.

Cons

High turnover: this problem has existed since more than 15 years and doesn't seem to be getting any better according to some current reviews

Product management is STILL creating confusion which affects the company's ability to stick to a realistic release schedule which translates into potentially long work hours for anyone working in the Engineering Department.

Frequent layoffs: during my time at this company, there were two layoffs per year for more than 5 years. According to a current review of this company, rather frequent layoffs are STILL a fact of life here.

Based upon the reviews left about this company, even the Cons comments in otherwise positive reviews are quite revealing. I have pointed out a few ongoing issues. There are others. Several key issues that existed over a decade ago are still issues today which doesn't offer much hope for real change. There is a valid reason why there are jobs on the company's Careers webpage for which this company is continuously recruiting.

Bottom line, if you need to get your feet wet and get some experience then work here for a year, put in your long hours (especially if you're going to work in Engineering) and then dump SirsiDynix and go get a higher paying job in a less toxic work environment.

May 9, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Based on your review, it sounds like you have not been employed here for some time. Many of your comments about current circumstances are interpretations based on other reviews rather than your own... More

"Best colleagues in the industry"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have seen over the past few years a renewed commitment to customer satisfaction. Especially for our Horizon customer base. The people I work with are dedicated at producing the best products and providing legendary customer service. Time and time again I see my colleagues work above and beyond to help libraries. The Executive Team understands the needs of the library industry. I Hope to be with SirsiDynix for many years to come.

Cons

High deductible health insurance , but SD does match HSA contributions.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide the leadership for us and the ILS industry

Mar 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback, and for your valuable contributions to our Customer Support team. There's no doubt that our customer support analysts and engineers are the best in our industry (and... More

"Billing Coordinator"

Current Employee - Billing Coordinator in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Billing Coordinator in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people have the most amazing, sincere attitude that you feel like you are with your family and friends.

Cons

Only 1 Ping-Pong table? well, I can't complain about that now can I? especially when they encourage you to work hard and also play hard.

Advice to Management

Please, please, keep doing what your doing, it is obvious that you care about your co-workers and have a deep desire for the company and the customers' well-being.

Apr 8, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback! It is great to hear that you are having such an awesome experience.

"Excellent entry level position"

Pros

Tons to learn in terms of testing and its processes. Also, there is much exposure to a variety of in-demand tools. Lots of back-end experience, which is desirable.

Cons

Pay is below market value
    Automation is still not a standard, but that's in the process of changing
    Not much else to say

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Mar 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for leaving this review. Automation has been a much bigger focus lately, and our executive leadership team is dedicated to moving that to the forefront of our efforts.

"Great Company!"

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

atmosphere, team, manager, growth & potential, fellow employees willingness to help and teach, HR team, fun activities, YIMees

Cons

health insurance with high deductible, feels like voice isn't always heard, more recognition from VP or Execs would be nice

Mar 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the feedback, and we are glad to see that there are so many things that you appreciate!

It can seem like VPs and executives don't see and appreciate work at all levels of the company... More

10. "Great and not great at the same time."

Former Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for libraries is cool. I really liked the idea of what I was working on, and I wanted so badly to make a different for the better in the industry with my work there. Great coworkers while they were with the company. If I could take the HR team and Mike Russel with me to every company I work for in the future I would be happy. HR is amazing, pantry was great, very relaxed (late mornings, early out, long lunch).

Cons

3 managers in the span of a year. Feedback given at performance review was from previous manager, six months ago, with no effort made to investigate improvements since. Hired with "promises" of raises or upward movement. Lots of great people departing.

Advice to Management

Please learn how to talk to people. Maybe hire someone who can manage people to be a manager in the IT department.

Mar 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the feedback. During 2013 and 2014, we experienced a lot of growth and change, in terms of both product direction and investment in the Product Development division. This created... More