SirsiDynix Reviews | Glassdoor

SirsiDynix Reviews

Updated January 25, 2017

Current Employees

Pros
  • The work environment fosters growth and opportunity as the teams work together to accomplish their goals (in 11 reviews)

• There's a lot of great people working at SirsiDynix (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The Health Insurance is kind of pricy (in 6 reviews)

• Product development just recently hired additional developers so is just now making progress on delivering new products (in 4 reviews)

"Great work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great work/life balance, opportunities for growth for those new to software/business, great culture.

Cons

Seems like high turnover at times, would love to see some more career options for folks wanting to get into mid-level management, better communication between departments.

Advice to Management

Keep track of your strong employees and connected with them so they feel they are moving towards their careers goals.

Apr 1, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review. Our leaders work hard to ensure there is a great work/life balance and opportunities for growth.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, flexibility, work/life balance, and industry. Working in the library industry finding ways to bridge the gap between technology and printed materials is exciting.

Cons

Turnover of employees seems to be on the rise. Management needs to find out why quality employees are leaving and how to keep them.

Advice to Management

Be proactive in making sure that employees are happy- if they aren't find ways to compromise with them in order to keep them. Having veteran employees, especially in development, will be crucial to the continued success of SirsiDynix.

Apr 1, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review. Turnover is always a concern - please stop by HR if you have specific ideas or thoughts. We are always looking for new ways to improve the environment and keep our employees ... More

3. "Title"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of experience to be had. There is a great break room, club blue, with a pool table and soda fountain. The people are really fun to work with, it is a younger group with many engineers fresh out of school or still finishing up.

Cons

They take the philosophy of a self organizing team to it logical absurdity. The engineers are the testers, scrum masters, doc writers, product owners, coders, and managers even though there are actual people in all those roles.

Advice to Management

Reduce the amount of time engineering support staff and management spends in meetings so they can focus on their main job responsibilities.

5. "Associate Support Analyst"

Current Employee - Associate Support Analyst in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Support Analyst in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fantastic work environment, work life balance, management, and co-workers.

Cons

Nothing noteworthy, but since this thing makes me input info, my salary is on the low end, to be expected when I start a completely new career field and I'm sure this will take care of itself as I continue. Ok glassdoor, can I submit now?...

Advice to Management

Keep it up, this is a great company to work for!

Apr 20, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback, especially the obligatory "cons" statement. :) It's great to hear that you are having such a positive experience with us.

6. "Great company makes my decision to move to the vendor side of the world better every day"

Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great colleagues and working in/with libraries is a personal joy. SirsiDynix's focus on providing the best library user experience is heartfelt and true. Development team has grown into one of our largest divisions.

Cons

Our vision and narrative push our development team beyond their means at times. Customer expectations are demanding that development keep up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Mar 17, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review. It is inspiring to have so many employees who join SirsiDynix with such joy and passion for the library world!

7. "Good company"

Pros

Good company to work for, fast possibility to advance

Cons

poor training, few paid holidays compare to other companies I have worked for before.

Mar 17, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments. Enhancing the learning and development culture is a major goal for us. If you have suggestions or have identified ways in which we may do better, please feel free to ... More

8. "Sales Team"

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Working at SirsiDynix has been an enjoyable experience. The people are wonderful, they make work fun yet stay focused on obtaining sales results.

Cons

I do find the lack of consistency with accurate development cycles frustrating. I would like to see our dev team do a better job of hitting release targets or at least setting the proper expectations.

Mar 17, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments!

"I'm glad I switched careers, SirsiDynix has been great."

Current Employee - Scrummaster in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Scrummaster in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very positive environment
    - Flexible with their employees
    - For book lovers (like me) it's a very rewarding career/industry
    - Management listens to their reports
    - Genuine opportunities for upward mobility
    - Work-life balance is always a focus, holidays off, bagel Fridays, free fountain drinks

Cons

There have been some big process changes implemented, which not everyone has embraced. Changes come some bumps and bruises, however, the changes are already showing their true value.

Advice to Management

Continue seeing the bigger picture while simultaneously listening to those people in the trenches.

Dec 4, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

We're glad you switched careers, too! Thank you for your contributions to our development team!

10. "Lies and more lies"

Current Employee - Sales in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only pro is OK pay but health insurance is on the rise.

Cons

Everyone is told there is opportunity for upward movement. They keep firing people then hire new ones with the same lies, over and over again.

Advice to Management

This product does not sell itself so please treat us with a little respect. Please don't call people asking who wrote a review it is anonymous for a reason!

11. "Bright Futures"

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company is very forward thinking. The open door policies and interdepartmental communication allows everyone to have a voice. Salary is competitive and the benefits are good. If you do a good job, you are rewarded. This is a fantastic place to begin, continue or finish out a career in software.

Cons

Growth can cause some slow down with product development as more and more new employees are brought up to speed; however, this will make the company much stronger in the long run.

Advice to Management

Increase the frequency of company updates so every department knows about all current objectives and their statuses.

Dec 4, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the review! That is a great suggestion about increasing the frequency of company updates. Our HR team started an internal newsletter in November, and we will continue to seek ways to ... More