SirsiDynix Reviews | Glassdoor

SirsiDynix Reviews

Updated August 1, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Relaxed, professional atmosphere; Great work/life balance; My manager has a fantastic, progressive management style (in 11 reviews)

• Flexible work environment with growth opportunity (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The Health Insurance is kind of pricy (in 7 reviews)

• They seem too focused on releasing new products to realize their important products are failing (in 5 reviews)

1. "Flexible work environment"

Current Employee - Scrum Master in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Scrum Master in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are really flexible and the working environment is great. People are put into a position where they can succeed. There is a great culture among the scrum masters of problem solving.

Cons

Wages are lower and with the market heating up they are having a harder time competing for talent.

Advice to Management

Continue to leverage the great things about working at SirsiDynix. The progress of the company has been exciting while I've been there.

Apr 1, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate all you do for your dev teams.

2. "Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time

Pros

Great people with lots of great ideas. It's great to see that management is pushing new innovation to keep us relevant and on the top of our customers minds.

Cons

Benefits are good but not great. Can only carry over 5 days of vacation which is frustrating to say the least.

Advice to Management

Work harder to keep good talented people from leaving. Train managers to be better at acknowledging and rewarding good work and to use the incentive programs that are in place.

Mar 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review.

I'm late in responding, but I hope you found it helpful that we increased the time off allotment and added floating holidays for 2016.

We are constantly looking for... More

"False advertising!"

Current Employee - Senior Management
    Current Employee - Senior Management

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company gets inflated false reviews because they hire individuals with zero experience and they do not know any better. They also pander for good reviews on glassdoor I myself have been requested to get this company a great review because I am a great employee.
    This company seems A very safe bet simply because their customers use government funding to pay for their contract. The reality is the end-user the end customer is really getting a poor product from this company. So so the pro for this company is that it's very fault-tolerant because it's in bed with the government so much. Most of the monies for supporting libraries come from federal and state money. And as a result being integrated and has been in use for many years the library administrator seem hard pressed to change therefore they don't therefore SD continues to provide a terrible product at the customers expense meanwhile increasing prices. So the pro is the customer is ignorant there for the money keeps rolling in.

Cons

This company has been unable to deliver on the vision for product management for at least five years. The reason for this is because it's not been run by software at all the company is being run by finances. They don't make decisions in an innovative way in a product oriented way in and creative engineered heart and passion way. They are confined to small teams doing too many tasks and therefore they fail at all of them they've been trying to implement cloud strategies for at least five years they are incapable of implementing a cloud strategy for the customer. luckily for for SD The customer is not knowledge of enough to know what they don't know. The customer keeps renewing and paying their bill year over year and they just don't realize how poor this product is. The quality alone is embarrassing to me I can literally go break any of their products within minutes just from the user interface.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to turn this into a software company again, figure out how to provide to customers value without charging them more, actually deliver on what you say you will do, actually test your products thoroughly and stop using the customer as a beta site. Every customer is a beta site on every release every time. The company needs to stop running by finance and start becoming a design software and quality company again like it was back when it was in originally owned company. I believe this is possible it requires a leader with the vision that's not just chasing money.

4. "Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Executive Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Executive Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Pay, "small big company"

Cons

ownership changes, pay manipulation in some cases

"Great work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great work/life balance, opportunities for growth for those new to software/business, great culture.

Cons

Seems like high turnover at times, would love to see some more career options for folks wanting to get into mid-level management, better communication between departments.

Advice to Management

Keep track of your strong employees and connected with them so they feel they are moving towards their careers goals.

Apr 1, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review. Our leaders work hard to ensure there is a great work/life balance and opportunities for growth.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, flexibility, work/life balance, and industry. Working in the library industry finding ways to bridge the gap between technology and printed materials is exciting.

Cons

Turnover of employees seems to be on the rise. Management needs to find out why quality employees are leaving and how to keep them.

Advice to Management

Be proactive in making sure that employees are happy- if they aren't find ways to compromise with them in order to keep them. Having veteran employees, especially in development, will be crucial to the continued success of SirsiDynix.

Apr 1, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review. Turnover is always a concern - please stop by HR if you have specific ideas or thoughts. We are always looking for new ways to improve the environment and keep our employees... More

7. "Title"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of experience to be had. There is a great break room, club blue, with a pool table and soda fountain. The people are really fun to work with, it is a younger group with many engineers fresh out of school or still finishing up.

Cons

They take the philosophy of a self organizing team to it logical absurdity. The engineers are the testers, scrum masters, doc writers, product owners, coders, and managers even though there are actual people in all those roles.

Advice to Management

Reduce the amount of time engineering support staff and management spends in meetings so they can focus on their main job responsibilities.

8. "Associate Support Analyst"

Current Employee - Associate Support Analyst in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Support Analyst in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fantastic work environment, work life balance, management, and co-workers.

Cons

Nothing noteworthy, but since this thing makes me input info, my salary is on the low end, to be expected when I start a completely new career field and I'm sure this will take care of itself as I continue. Ok glassdoor, can I submit now?...

Advice to Management

Keep it up, this is a great company to work for!

Apr 20, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback, especially the obligatory "cons" statement. :) It's great to hear that you are having such a positive experience with us.

9. "Great company makes my decision to move to the vendor side of the world better every day"

Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Field Sales Consultant

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great colleagues and working in/with libraries is a personal joy. SirsiDynix's focus on providing the best library user experience is heartfelt and true. Development team has grown into one of our largest divisions.

Cons

Our vision and narrative push our development team beyond their means at times. Customer expectations are demanding that development keep up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Mar 17, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review. It is inspiring to have so many employees who join SirsiDynix with such joy and passion for the library world!

10. "Good company"

Pros

Good company to work for, fast possibility to advance

Cons

poor training, few paid holidays compare to other companies I have worked for before.

Mar 17, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments. Enhancing the learning and development culture is a major goal for us. If you have suggestions or have identified ways in which we may do better, please feel free to... More