SirsiDynix Reviews | Glassdoor

SirsiDynix Reviews

Updated April 6, 2017

Current Employees

Pros
  • The work environment fosters growth and opportunity as the teams work together to accomplish their goals (in 11 reviews)

• They have an excellent break room (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The Health Insurance is kind of pricy (in 7 reviews)

• Product development just recently hired additional developers so is just now making progress on delivering new products (in 4 reviews)

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Operations in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Operations in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like the work environment - the offices and culture have the feel of a start up but the process and maturity of a 40 year company. I like the work we are doing ow but also the vision for the future and really impacting our industry. Over the past 2 years, the company has done a much better job of communicating what is important and how we are doing.

Cons

The library industry hat we serve can be a bit slow to change and embrace new products and ideas. We also have a lot of projects going on the help our customers today and also in the future and it can be very hard to prioritize what is most important to work on.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing - especially the communication and culture.

"Fantastic company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have enjoyed working here more than any company previous to this. I work closely with the executives and I can say that they truly care about all the employees. They have very competitive benefits and the people that I work with are the best. They do a lot of employee activities and they put a lot into the facilities to try and make it as comfortable as an environment as possible. They do a great job of creating a challenging work environment that is still fun and enjoyable.

Cons

The health plans are not ideal. They only have high deducible choices from Select Health. The owners of the company sometimes tie the hands of the executives when making decisions. I think this really hurts the growth potential that SirisiDynix has.

Advice to Management

I would like to see the owners back away a bit and let the executives that understand the industry make the proper decisions.

"Fun place to work!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The facility is great: environmentally friendly, clean, lots of light, open floor plan, great furniture, PLUSH common area/game room, subsidized cafeteria, free soda, free coffee/espresso/cappuccino, relaxation room with massage chairs, lactation room, work out facility, walking distance to Front Runner.

Many efforts have been made to create a positive culture and employees are definitely engaged. CFO encourages a “Work Hard, Play Hard” environment. Managers have made it a point to recognize hard work! Multiple activities are hosted for employee's and thier families on a regular basis.

Company is flexible with works schedules, which is a plus if you need to work from home due to a sick family member or other such issues.

Cons

The Company has definitely gone through some growing pains in creating its Technology Centre.

Implementation of a wellness program has been a difficult change for employees.

While some additions have been made in recent months, there is a lack of non-fast food eating establishments.

Although fairly short, the traffic on the main road to the freeway can back up and add 5-10 minutes to my commute.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction of employee recognition. Remain open to receiving employee feedback. Also, continue to keep employee’s apprised of the Company’s goals and initiatives.

"A great place to work where your talents are recognized and rewarded."

Current Employee - Engineering in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineering in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix is a well established leader in the library automation field and is leading our space with innovative and ground breaking solutions for the library industry. We encourage our development staff to take a couple of days each month to innovate in any area where they have great ideas. That innovation work is then demonstrated to an open and encouraging executive team who often clears the way for implementation into our products. SirsiDynix is big enough to have the resources to really effect change in our industry while not being so big that our staff is alienated or lost. Every member of our teams are an important and valuable part of the SirsiDynix family. The engineering team continues to make positive advances in our daily processes and how we develop and deliver our products. Much of that progress is because we listen to each other and work together to create a great place to work.

Cons

Where will we continue to grow? Our products are popular and as our organization continues to expand, we are quickly outgrowing our new state of the art facility. Great problem to have!

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward with the great things that have been implemented recently. Continue to openly share company details with the staff. We are a software development company and our recent re-investment in development is wise and will pay dividends in the near and far future. Keep leading as you have and you will continue to have the respect of those you lead.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix is a great place to work. Sure over the years they have had their ups and downs; however there has never been a better time to work for them. Benefits are great, the office is fantastic, numerous perks such as free soda, cappuccino, bagel/fruit Friday's, foosball, pool, video games, massage chairs just to name a few. It is a very collaborative environment where everyone shares the same goals and objectives. Senior Management is genuinely concerned with doing what is the right thing for employees and their customers.

Cons

Sometimes there are long work hours however management is good at rewarding staff who are going above and beyond.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Great career opportunities & fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

SirsiDynix has transformed into an exciting place to work over the past several years. The people are super-bright, motivated, and some of the best I've ever worked with. There's lots of opportunity for promotions or switching roles into other departments if you want a new career change. Management cares about you as a person, they have an open door, and they take the time to get to know you and ensure you're happy, learning and are challenged.

Cons

Last year they switched the company HSA contributions and required us to do a wellness program to get the same HSA match but I heard that this may switch back in January which would be great. As well there are only a handful of places to eat near the office but they do provide food in the office and a few new restaurants opened up this year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on delivering a great customer experience and investing in the business. The hiring in development and expansion in Asia, Europe and other markets is helping the company win new business and market share.

"SirsiDynix provides a great environment for their employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SirsiDynix creates a "work hard, play hard" environment for their employees. They believe in rewarding hard work and making sure their employees want to be at work. Management and the Executive Team are great to work with, they are very involved with the employees and make sure they continue to provide a wonderful working environment.

Cons

So far I have not had a poor experience with any aspect of the company. They are always striving to improve and make sure SirsiDynix stays a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the employees and their needs. It creates a great working environment when management is involved and the employees feel free to talk and make suggestions in the work place.

"Family and Friends with the greatest minds and hearts for libraries!"

Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company atmosphere is truly a family oriented environment with some of the most intelligent staff in the industry. The emphasis on the library user experience and revenue generating opportunities create a very unique opportunity for libraries who cho0se to partner with SirsiDynix. The leadership team is the best in the industry! I have served the library community my entire career with this company, and this is by far the BEST Executive/Management leadership during my tenure.

Cons

The market is very competitive with so many options and many libraries are faced with choices to provide the best services to their patrons, students, and staff. The negative tactics of other vendors in the industry often create major investments in sub-par software and functionality offerings. SirsiDynix has been the victim of many of these negative tactics as it has sustained over decades as one of the most utilized system in the industry.

Advice to Management

Stay the course with Development. Invest in your staff by increasing the staff levels of Development (largest department in the company) and Support to ensure we not only continue to deliver the best software in the industry, but also provide the best support to our partner libraries as we strive to succeed in lieu of the challenges of today and beyond. Focus will be the key and follow thru will be essential.

10. "SirsiDynix allows team members to work hard and play often"

Current Employee - Customer Support Management in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Support Management in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible working environment
    Educated and knowledgeable team members in all departments
    Small feel for being a global market leader
    Real effort to provide a fun atmosphere
    Approachable leadership at all levels

Cons

Medical benefits package needs to be stronger

Advice to Management

Keep a clear vision forward, but not so far that we forget the products we need to support.

SirsiDynix Response

Dec 4, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments!

"SirsiDynix provides opportunities for employees to learn and grow."

I have been working at SirsiDynix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great People / Great Environment / Great Company
    I love the people within the company as well as the customers we have the opportunity to work with. We have amazing mentors within our company in our peers, and in leadership positions who have great company/product knowledge and experience. SirsiDynix provides the tools, resources and the opportunities to improve my skills and broaden/expand my professional experiences. I have the opportunity and am empowered to make the most of my job position while helping to build our company. This allows me to feel like I'm contributing to the success and growth of SirsiDynix.

Cons

SirsiDynix is working towards the delivery of many new, very innovative products for our customers. Need to make sure they are delivered in a timely manner, and are well tested before their release. We have made significant strides in rebuilding trust in our customer base, and need to continue this growth through the timely delivery of quality products and services.

Advice to Management

Let's keep moving forward!!! Morale has improved greatly over the last couple of years. Need to keep the trend upward. Delivering quality in products and services is key to continuing our customer relationships, which, in turn, will help us continue to grow into an even better company.