Cover image for SirsiDynix

SirsiDynix

Is this your company?

SirsiDynix

Add a Review

SirsiDynix Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Oct 13, 2020

77 Comments

Tech

573.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=SirsiDynix~145388
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about SirsiDynix? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with SirsiDynix employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with from the executives down through the rank and file.(in 23 reviews)
  • "Wonderful Managers, very professional(in 8 reviews)
  • "Management is easy to talk to and want to solve problems.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance.(in 7 reviews)
  • "There is a great culture among the scrum masters of problem solving.(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Fun Ride

Feb 15, 2014 - Senior Field Sales Consultant in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people with a solid product vision. Bright outlook for new employees. Excellent upper management.

Cons

Too many bridges have been burned by mostly former executives. The company needs a solid finished product delivered soon to hush the naysayers. The competition is unfairly staffed with former employees.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall a great company to work for.

Oct 4, 2014 - Associate Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are really great. The management cares about you and wants you to succeed.

Cons

The hiring policy appears to be to only hire people with little to no previous experience. This has some advantages, but the engineering department suffers a little bit from not having more experienced people.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am happy to hear that your experience has been positive overall. We do fill a majority of roles across the organization at an entry-level, or as near entry-level as is possible. Our hiring strategy has its pros and cons, but ultimately, we see the cons as short-term challenges. While we have many new engineers within the Engineering team, we know that we have hired amazing people who will quickly come up to speed and tackle the interesting and exciting problems they’ll encounter. Thank you again for providing feedback. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at jobs@sirsidynix.com, or visit with any member of the HR and Recruiting team.

3. Join the SirsiDynix team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Very good company to work for

Oct 13, 2020 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with and for.

Cons

Never enough time or resources to do all that could be done

5. 2.0

Frustrated and Loosing Faith

Nov 1, 2022 - Just Another Frustrated Employee in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great. There are lots of good things going on in the company to stay one step ahead of the competition. The flexibility to work from home is great.

Cons

There has been no communication from management lately and no pay raises for the past 3 years. Those who leave are not being replaced for the most part. I used to feel like a valuable part of the team/company but that has changed to where my motivation is very low and my confidence in management is non-existent.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

The most enjoyable job I have had since high school

Aug 15, 2016 - Software Trainer/Consultant in Provo, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people to work with - some of the nicest and smartest people you will ever meet. Our customers are the best. Intellectually challenging and exciting.

Cons

some of the past decisions from our venture partners have had unpopular results.

Talent Strategy Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We certainly have wonderful people working here. Like many companies, whether held by a private equity firm or not, certain decisions are made for the health and viability of the business. We can only hope that those past decisions contributed to our current success and strength in the market. I'm encouraged to see that you still had a great experience with us overall. I am hopeful that you are happy and successful in your current job, and that you are still able to serve customers in a consulting and training capacity.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Mar 17, 2015 - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a lot of great people working at SirsiDynix. Everyone worked hard together to make great products. I was given the opportunity to learn new technologies.

Cons

I can't think of many cons. The open workspace sometimes causes distractions like people walking by, nearby conversations. That being said, it does promote a collaborative environment within a team.

Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review and for your years of service within our Software Development team!

8. 3.0
    Former Employee

Was Good

Aug 12, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great to work with

Cons

Promotions and raises stopped happening As people left they weren't replaced

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

7th best midsized company in the US? Really?

Mar 4, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

- People you work with are great. Average work/life balance - at best. - Ping pong/pool table/foosball in break room - fairly common for tech company. - Food can be had - for a price - on site. - Hiring a lot of new people, and long standing company (30 years in business)

Cons

- 4 CEOs in the last 4 years. 4 HR managers in the last 4 years. Meddling middle managers. - No career path at all. Overly tedious/ nonsensical "mandatory" trainings. - Insurance package is horrible. Not enough bad thing I can say about the insurance offered here. - Fractured company policies and hierarchy. Vast separation between staff of varying levels. - Ridiculously antiquated code. Refuse to move to newer coding standards. - Never end of life a product.

3 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments. It’s unfortunate that your experience has been very atypical of most of our employees. As you can see from the plethora of other great reviews, most employees have an overwhelmingly positive and enjoyable experience here. Over the past several years we have worked hard to build an outstanding culture and company, and this includes investing in our people, promoting from within, expanding benefits, and rewarding and recognizing outstanding performance. In 2013, nearly 20% of our employees were promoted, with many of those moving not only within their department but also to other departments. As you know most new employees join the company in entry-level positions, and with our huge internal focus on promoting from within nearly all senior positions being filled by existing employees. We also strive to have great benefits. Over 80% of the medical, dental and other benefits are paid by the company, we offer a 401(k) and HSA company match, and last year we added or increased additional benefits, such as adding maternity and paternity leave and increasing adoption assistance. In 2013, we also introduced an employee recognition program that provides immediate and very frequent employee rewards for outstanding work, and these benefits can be used for free food, swag, gift cards, and attending entertainment events. Not only does the company provide free drinks, espressos, and sodas, we offer free bagels and fruit every Friday, we occasionally provide free food, we subsidize the onsite food, and well over 50% of the food purchased onsite is paid for with benefits from our employee recognition program. We also have many other company-sponsored activities each month for employees and their families, from outstanding live events and shows to in-house competitions, team sports events, and volunteering opportunities that support our commitment to the surrounding communities and environment. Regarding the training, SirsiDynix is committed to fulfilling or exceeding requirements for national and international certifications and compliance, and doing this requires that all employees understand their responsibilities on security (specifically NIST and ISO 27001), antidiscrimination, preventing sexual harassment, and complying with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. We also offer these online so you can complete the training at your convenience. We appreciate the success we’ve achieved, and overall, our employees are extremely happy and we have very little voluntary turnover. Nevertheless, we are constantly making changes based on employee feedback; if you have any specific suggestions, there are many channels by which to voice these, including our online, anonymous internal suggestion box. Additionally, you can contact the Recruiting and HR team at any time if you would like assistance with your career planning. Thanks again for your feedback. I sincerely hope you take advantage of the many opportunities we have available for you to continue to build a satisfying, progressive career with us. And, most importantly, please reach out to me if I can help improve your experience here.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

SirsiDynix provides opportunities for employees to learn and grow.

Nov 12, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great People / Great Environment / Great Company I love the people within the company as well as the customers we have the opportunity to work with. We have amazing mentors within our company in our peers, and in leadership positions who have great company/product knowledge and experience. SirsiDynix provides the tools, resources and the opportunities to improve my skills and broaden/expand my professional experiences. I have the opportunity and am empowered to make the most of my job position while helping to build our company. This allows me to feel like I'm contributing to the success and growth of SirsiDynix.

Cons

SirsiDynix is working towards the delivery of many new, very innovative products for our customers. Need to make sure they are delivered in a timely manner, and are well tested before their release. We have made significant strides in rebuilding trust in our customer base, and need to continue this growth through the timely delivery of quality products and services.

1 person found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best decision I ever made

Feb 3, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with from the executives down through the rank and file. Everyone is committed to the common goal of providing the best library user experience and this focus shows.

Cons

Development is in the process of creating a next generation Integrated Library System. This process takes time but it will greatly benefit our users and the company in the long run.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews