- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Alabama
- - Huntsville, AL Area
- - Huntsville, AL
- - Utah
- - Provo, UT Area
- - Provo, UT
- - Lehi, UT
- - Eagle Mountain, UT
- - Salt Lake City, UT Area
- - Salt Lake City, UT
- - Kentucky
- - California
- - San Diego, CA Area
- - Carlsbad, CA
- - San Diego, CA
- - Colorado
- - Denver, CO Area
- - Denver, CO
Found 16 of over 161 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about SirsiDynix? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with SirsiDynix employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Great people to work with from the executives down through the rank and file." (in 23 reviews)
- "Wonderful Managers, very professional" (in 8 reviews)
- "Management is easy to talk to and want to solve problems." (in 8 reviews)
- "Good work life balance." (in 7 reviews)
- "There is a great culture among the scrum masters of problem solving." (in 6 reviews)
- "Pay isn't competitive" (in 9 reviews)
- "Benefits are good but not great." (in 5 reviews)
- "This makes it difficult at times and also gives you an opportunity to become that knowledge and advance." (in 4 reviews)
- "Salaries start kind of low." (in 4 reviews)
- "I had to learn these skills myself as no training was provided by the QA department." (in 3 reviews)
Reviews about "great people"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Feb 15, 2014 - Senior Field Sales Consultant in Lehi, UTRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people with a solid product vision. Bright outlook for new employees. Excellent upper management.
Too many bridges have been burned by mostly former executives. The company needs a solid finished product delivered soon to hush the naysayers. The competition is unfairly staffed with former employees.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 4, 2014 - Associate Software Engineer in Lehi, UTRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people here are really great. The management cares about you and wants you to succeed.
The hiring policy appears to be to only hire people with little to no previous experience. This has some advantages, but the engineering department suffers a little bit from not having more experienced people.Continue reading
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am happy to hear that your experience has been positive overall. We do fill a majority of roles across the organization at an entry-level, or as near entry-level as is possible. Our hiring strategy has its pros and cons, but ultimately, we see the cons as short-term challenges. While we have many new engineers within the Engineering team, we know that we have hired amazing people who will quickly come up to speed and tackle the interesting and exciting problems they’ll encounter. Thank you again for providing feedback. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit with any member of the HR and Recruiting team.
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Oct 13, 2020 - Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people to work with and for.
Never enough time or resources to do all that could be done
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Nov 1, 2022 - Just Another Frustrated Employee in Lehi, UTRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people are great. There are lots of good things going on in the company to stay one step ahead of the competition. The flexibility to work from home is great.
There has been no communication from management lately and no pay raises for the past 3 years. Those who leave are not being replaced for the most part. I used to feel like a valuable part of the team/company but that has changed to where my motivation is very low and my confidence in management is non-existent.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Aug 15, 2016 - Software Trainer/Consultant in Provo, UTRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
great people to work with - some of the nicest and smartest people you will ever meet. Our customers are the best. Intellectually challenging and exciting.
some of the past decisions from our venture partners have had unpopular results.
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We certainly have wonderful people working here. Like many companies, whether held by a private equity firm or not, certain decisions are made for the health and viability of the business. We can only hope that those past decisions contributed to our current success and strength in the market. I'm encouraged to see that you still had a great experience with us overall. I am hopeful that you are happy and successful in your current job, and that you are still able to serve customers in a consulting and training capacity.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Mar 17, 2015 - Software Engineer in Lehi, UTRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There's a lot of great people working at SirsiDynix. Everyone worked hard together to make great products. I was given the opportunity to learn new technologies.
I can't think of many cons. The open workspace sometimes causes distractions like people walking by, nearby conversations. That being said, it does promote a collaborative environment within a team.
Thanks for the review and for your years of service within our Software Development team!
- Former Employee★★★★★Aug 12, 2022 - Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people are great to work with
Promotions and raises stopped happening As people left they weren't replacedContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Mar 4, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UTRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- People you work with are great. Average work/life balance - at best. - Ping pong/pool table/foosball in break room - fairly common for tech company. - Food can be had - for a price - on site. - Hiring a lot of new people, and long standing company (30 years in business)
- 4 CEOs in the last 4 years. 4 HR managers in the last 4 years. Meddling middle managers. - No career path at all. Overly tedious/ nonsensical "mandatory" trainings. - Insurance package is horrible. Not enough bad thing I can say about the insurance offered here. - Fractured company policies and hierarchy. Vast separation between staff of varying levels. - Ridiculously antiquated code. Refuse to move to newer coding standards. - Never end of life a product.Continue reading
Thank you for your comments. It’s unfortunate that your experience has been very atypical of most of our employees. As you can see from the plethora of other great reviews, most employees have an overwhelmingly positive and enjoyable experience here. Over the past several years we have worked hard to build an outstanding culture and company, and this includes investing in our people, promoting from within, expanding benefits, and rewarding and recognizing outstanding performance. In 2013, nearly 20% of our employees were promoted, with many of those moving not only within their department but also to other departments. As you know most new employees join the company in entry-level positions, and with our huge internal focus on promoting from within nearly all senior positions being filled by existing employees. We also strive to have great benefits. Over 80% of the medical, dental and other benefits are paid by the company, we offer a 401(k) and HSA company match, and last year we added or increased additional benefits, such as adding maternity and paternity leave and increasing adoption assistance. In 2013, we also introduced an employee recognition program that provides immediate and very frequent employee rewards for outstanding work, and these benefits can be used for free food, swag, gift cards, and attending entertainment events. Not only does the company provide free drinks, espressos, and sodas, we offer free bagels and fruit every Friday, we occasionally provide free food, we subsidize the onsite food, and well over 50% of the food purchased onsite is paid for with benefits from our employee recognition program. We also have many other company-sponsored activities each month for employees and their families, from outstanding live events and shows to in-house competitions, team sports events, and volunteering opportunities that support our commitment to the surrounding communities and environment. Regarding the training, SirsiDynix is committed to fulfilling or exceeding requirements for national and international certifications and compliance, and doing this requires that all employees understand their responsibilities on security (specifically NIST and ISO 27001), antidiscrimination, preventing sexual harassment, and complying with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. We also offer these online so you can complete the training at your convenience. We appreciate the success we’ve achieved, and overall, our employees are extremely happy and we have very little voluntary turnover. Nevertheless, we are constantly making changes based on employee feedback; if you have any specific suggestions, there are many channels by which to voice these, including our online, anonymous internal suggestion box. Additionally, you can contact the Recruiting and HR team at any time if you would like assistance with your career planning. Thanks again for your feedback. I sincerely hope you take advantage of the many opportunities we have available for you to continue to build a satisfying, progressive career with us. And, most importantly, please reach out to me if I can help improve your experience here.
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Nov 12, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UTRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great People / Great Environment / Great Company I love the people within the company as well as the customers we have the opportunity to work with. We have amazing mentors within our company in our peers, and in leadership positions who have great company/product knowledge and experience. SirsiDynix provides the tools, resources and the opportunities to improve my skills and broaden/expand my professional experiences. I have the opportunity and am empowered to make the most of my job position while helping to build our company. This allows me to feel like I'm contributing to the success and growth of SirsiDynix.
SirsiDynix is working towards the delivery of many new, very innovative products for our customers. Need to make sure they are delivered in a timely manner, and are well tested before their release. We have made significant strides in rebuilding trust in our customer base, and need to continue this growth through the timely delivery of quality products and services.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb 3, 2014 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people to work with from the executives down through the rank and file. Everyone is committed to the common goal of providing the best library user experience and this focus shows.
Development is in the process of creating a next generation Integrated Library System. This process takes time but it will greatly benefit our users and the company in the long run.Continue reading