Sisense Reviews

Updated May 10, 2021

3.6
Sisense CEO Amir Orad
Amir Orad
Pros
  • "Selling becomes much easier when your product is great-- That's most definitely the situation here(in 12 reviews)

• "Professional and result oriented organization, great people to learn from, culture to go with it(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "growing pains as we finally start to properly prioritize branding, marketing, and partners(in 13 reviews)

• "No work-life balance, a lot of pressure(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Join NOW!

Feb 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sisense is a great company. I have been with the organization for almost 3 years and they have made a huge impact on my career. When I came on board, I was very junior (still in college) but since joining, I have learned so much and moved up to higher positions. To be honest, I would not be where I am today if it were not for Sisense. Not only have I developed my skills, but I have built amazing relationships with a variety of department members. Don't get me wrong, it's hard work, but it's worth it! The leadership/HR is dedicated to employees and do what they can to make sure that you are happy in your position. If you do not feel "at home" in this company it is most likely because you do not speak up - don't sit on the sidelines. They encourage new ideas, feedback, and advice on how to make things better so take advantage of that. Everything is a two-way street - you invest yourself and they will invest in you.

Cons

It is a hyper-growth company, there are growing pains - it's normal! The company I joined almost 3 years ago is not the same company today - it's better. The sales team have matured and hit more goals than they did before, the marketing team is going through expansion and is growing our presence in the market, all other teams are changing the way they do things in order to grow and become better. All in all, each department is doing what they can to succeed and that requires change. Don't allow yourself to get stuck. Grow with the company and be open to new ideas. If you do this, not only will you be successful but they will notice you and you will thrive because of it.

3 people found this review helpful

Sisense Response

Thank you for the kind words! It's so nice to see that you've progressed over the years, that's exactly what we want for our employees. We could not agree more with your advice! Sisense is what you make of it. We encourage everyone to be their authentic selves and speak up when they have new ideas/feedback, it's the best way for us all to grow together. I'm glad that the hard work of our sales/marketing teams is being noticed. They've all worked tirelessly on our rebrand and how we sell our product. Transparency is definitely something we're working on—especially as we've been working remotely. Amir's weekly update videos are just the beginning of our efforts to increase transparency throughout the whole company. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love this company!

May 8, 2021 - Account Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible work culture, commitment to inclusion, support from colleagues and management, potential for growth opportunities, great benefits and perks

Cons

I haven’t found any cons yet

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company Culture and Growth

Jan 25, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started with Sisense in November 2013 as an SDR. It was a small start-up at the time and the energy was high. Immediately the company culture was evident. I've made some of my lifelong friends at this organization. The company culture was truly one of a kind while I worked in the office from 2013-2018. Open door policy, teams working together! I quickly accelerated my career into Account Management, later known as Customer Success. Here I learned and developed the skills of relationship development, cross team selling, mediating between customers and Sisense RnD, and spotting risk. My management team was very supportive, both in Sales Development, and Customer Success. I felt that my opinions were valued and I contributed to the success of the business. I was able to overachive in my position.

Cons

I did find myself at times wearing hats beyond my job title in Customer Success. Some blurred lines between roles on who owns what. With that being said, I felt my compensation didn't measure up to the added responsibilities. This was expressed to my management. Boundaries must be discussed and maintain/supported by management for sanity. In addition, product gaps. At the end of the day, it's software. There will be bugs. However, toward the end of my career with Sisense, it appeared there were some pressing issues with rolling out Linux (early/mid 2020).

8 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Future looking bleaker every month

Apr 23, 2021 - Technical Solutions Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I truly believe that BI is the future and companies like these will always be a great place to work, the Sisense technology seemed to be ahead of the curve for a while and some of the partnerships that were built were very strategic and smart to put Sisense ahead of the competition. The Periscope acquisition at the time seemed to be a smart move. Office was nice in NY

Cons

Periscope merger has since gone nowhere, tons of attrition as of recently as people begin to see the writing on the wall. Sisense itself is having trouble fixing bugs and staffing enough engineers to both move the product forward and fix existing issues. Almost impossible to get a raise or promotion as there has been no structure in place Recent upper management attrition is never a good sign

10 people found this review helpful

Sisense Response

Thank you very much for your sincere and open feedback. Let me start by saying that you raise many great points and as someone that came from the Periscope Data merger you are correct that the integration of people and technology are never as easy or fast as initially planned. Bringing a new company into the mix across the country or in this case across the country and globe is one of the most challenging undertakings of any growing company. It is a huge milestone of success but is also just flat out hard and that’s with normal circumstances like being able to travel from office to office, host offsites and communicate face to face. I’m personally very proud of how far we have come and although the technology is not fully integrated yet there’s an impressive and growing list of success in joint wins, expansions and generally in the market around the vision of Sisense. With that said, you are also correct that the balance between stability and innovation is often a game of chess. Over just the past 6 months we have launched many new initiatives to enhance our community, rewrite tech docs and implement a new escalation process for bugs to reduce the number of and time to address issues. Additionally, after reading your comments, I realize that we can do a better job of focusing on providing the field teams more updates, more immediate support and more avenues for relief. Finally, I’m sorry to hear about your experiences around career growth and acceleration; these are two very important areas of focus. We have run reviews bi-annually on every team and this should have been covered so I’d be curious to know how your Talk Growth sessions went or where we can improve. Thank you again for your open feedback and please feel free to reach out to me or to HR if you are willing to share further. Respectfully, Ryan Segar Global VP, Sales Engineering

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

An amazing company - best culture you can find out there

Nov 19, 2020 - Business Development in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- An amazing opportunity to be part of the team building the next BI and Analytics giant. I am going to be talking about my time here with Sisense and our success for years to come. We are changing the world for the betterment of all, promoting data and logic for a better future. - The culture is simply the best. People truly care for each other. Everyone would jump through hoops to help you with what ever you need. The people team are simply angels - caring for us all, especially during these hard times of the Covid pandemic. No one is left behind. Love the fact that I know that I matter. - Great possibilities to transition between roles and to grow my career while experiencing new challenges and new opportunities for self-growth. The scope of activities in the company is so broad, and the ability to move across the globe to work from wherever you are is simply awesome (+ I have been pondering relocating post Covid to our Australia office or the London office... :) )

Cons

If you feel like kicking back and relaxing this is not the place for you. At Sisense you will not 'vest in peace'. Work is intense and demanding. It is very rewarding of course to see success but not everyone can deal with the rapid pace. I personally love this but I know of folks who were looking for a more easy going experience.

11 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the detailed note. Will talk to the team about a more structured mentoring program. Its a good idea. And you said it well, this is not the place to 'vest in peace'....

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company Going Through a Transition

Jan 9, 2021 - Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sisense is going through several changes. A few years ago we began moving from an on-prem company to a cloud-first company. At the same time, the product was rewritten from a monolith on Windows to microservices on Linux. These changes led to many others. Marketing needed to change, as did our sales and support processes. And while our values remain the same, the kinds of people we're recruiting and culture we're building also needed to change. Much of that change is still going. And it leads to extra mistakes and stress on top of the already frustrating world of covid. But we're a team. And everyone is working hard to make these changes successful and build the great company we have in our minds. I appreciate all my dedicated colleagues who are working so hard to create the company that's on the other side of these changes. Above all else, change is fun. It's fun to build. Some of the building is from scratch, some is from re-building. The opportunity is obvious. We just have to capture it.

Cons

Change is also hard. Does management have all the answers? No. And sometimes our mistakes feel like "two steps forward one step back". The "obviously" right thing to do isn't always obvious to everyone, which makes some decisions take far too long. These issues are standard for any company going through change but that doesn't make them fun.

9 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for a strong balanced review. I'm very proud of what our teams have achieved in the past few years and the evolution of the company and technology. Indeed the product was taken to the next level, cloud first, micro services in the full sense of the word, keeping the API first technology that got us to where we are but architected from scratch to the cloud era. These investments are rare as companies are usually short sighted and unwilling to invest that much in the future. We made that bet four years ago and the results show. BUT it is hard to evolve and change and not for everyone. Thanks for capturing it so well.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ask yourself, do you want to join a company that manipulates Glassdoor Ratings?

Feb 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is great for young people who couldn't get into Amazon, Google, Salesforce, Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, etc.

Cons

Look through the ratings in Glassdoor.... you will see a few honest reviews (some 5 star, some 1 or 2 stars) but you will see a string of 5 stars out of no where (with little substance) usually right after a big bad review that has too much truth. The SDRs at Sisense (young people looking to break into sales) are probably told to post on Glassdoor just as they are told to make 100's of calls to prospects every week. Here are some facts for those who want them (you probably had to dig through a bunch of thoughtless 5 star ratings to read this): 1. The company has lost multiple CFOs and CROs, most recently they left under a year of being hired (why would that happen? I think you know why) 2. A startup rebranding is a HUGE red flag, trying to reinvent itself like a legacy vendor, not good 3. The company has had 700-800 employees for the past 3 years, no growth, revolving door 4. Sisense is the only tech startup to be unsuccessful in going IPO (have been trying for 3 years) yet the CEO is still employed. Look at the stock market! How could you NOT have a successful IPO? I could IPO a lemonade stand at this point.

29 people found this review helpful

Sisense Response

We appreciate you taking the time to voice your opinions and worries. Since one of our core values is about being “authentic”, we would never put our employees or company in a position where we weren’t being our most authentic selves. Sisensers post reviews when they want to and never out of obligation or by request. As for your other points I’d like to address them one by one: 1. Like any other high-growth company some execs are a better fit at different stages in the life of the company. This indeed caused some turnover at the top, especially as we grew so rapidly. Yes, some of our most recent exec hires did leave sooner than expected, which was not the desired outcome. However, if it becomes clear to both sides that there is not a great fit, parting ways in an amicable fashion is certainly the preferred approach. 2. We are very proud of our rebrand outcome. It is the culmination of a long process of research, creative thinking and design iterations. Our goal was to modernize our logo and refocus the brand to better reflect the strong advantage we hold in embedded analytics. Through many customer discussions it became clear to us that our embedded analytics position has evolved to support the broader analytics infusion market demand. Our rebrand aims to better reflect what customers have pointed out to us. 3. Your information is unfortunately inaccurate regarding the size of the company. 3 years ago Sisense was about half its size in terms of number of employees. Throughout this time we have continued to see significant growth both in terms of number of employees and the size of the business. 4. Many companies face turnover from time to time and we are no different. It’s what we choose to learn from our employees who leave that makes the difference. I cannot speak at this point about our plans for an IPO. However I want to assure you and any other (former) employee and shareholder of Sisense that senior management and our board of directors are working tirelessly on finding the best way to build a long lasting business which will deliver shareholder value for the long haul. Both the board and all of us in senior management have the utmost respect for our CEO, Amir, and a deep appreciation to his ongoing efforts to make Sisense the successful company we are so proud to be part of. Again, thank you for your comments and for taking the time to convey your views. Respectfully, Guy Levy-Yurista Chief Strategy Officer

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

I could not ask for a better career journey

Jan 22, 2021 - VP-Level Role in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wow, so many great things I can think of, when I need to describe my journey with Sisense. 1. Super strong leadership - each of them is leading by example, they look to improve and get better in every aspect of the business 2. Constant challenge - this is a place where you can build a better you, as you are constantly being challenged with new responsibilities and situations 3. CAN DO approach - at Sisense you will learn a very important lesson - there is always a way!! - be creative, be assertive - you will find a way 4. Great core VALUES - Sisense represented for me everything I believe in and live my life for 5. Everyone, including CEO are super accessible

Cons

I cant really think of something that is negative about Sisense. There are always small bothering things, but looking at the big picture - I consider myself being lucky to take part of the Sisense journey.

11 people found this review helpful

Sisense Response

Wow thank you for the kind words! We are actively trying to improve our career pathing and professional development opportunities so I'm glad you are taking advantage of that. We're so glad you were able to "moonshot your career" with us and wish you the best of luck in the future!

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Do Not Join Sales Org

Apr 13, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Solid Analytics Platform for Embedded (OEM) Use Cases -There are some amazing people at the organization

Cons

-Product has lost its proprietary luster and the company is in an awkward stage -Sales org has undergone a major change every 6 months for the last 2 years (hard to build momentum) -Lots of churn across all departments; best sales talent is leaving -The company has a specific ICP - if you're not lucky enough to get the good accounts/territory, it will be very difficult to close business

19 people found this review helpful