SiteMinder Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 15, 2019

3.3
Sankar Narayan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Relaxed work environment, decent amenities such as fruit, breakfast cereals and Friday drinks" (in 7 reviews)

• "Great people and a great environment" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Management not trained to properly support workers in more practical ways such as career progression or management of work loads" (in 6 reviews)

• "We received an Email about a review on Glassdoor which is apparently false, so I see how this company handle reviews" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I've been here over 4 years and its still the best place to work."

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SiteMinder full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SiteMinder offers products that works and it's really easy to sell. The life/work balance here is the best I've ever experienced from previous organizations I've been with. Everyone cares about helping each other and it really turns out to be a family environment after being here for so long. Flexible work hours depending on your territories. I've helped promoted Sales development reps to become our top sales reps in less than a year. If you are looking for a place that is a work hard play hard environment its right here.

Cons

We aren't perfect. No company out there is. Growing pains is still a challenge here.

Advice to Management

401k Match needed / better family health plans are needed

Apr 16, 2019 – HR Director

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you're having a positive experience and seeing the benefits of our culture! We know this is important to employees and are always working on ways to make... More

"Trending upwards!"

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SiteMinder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The people are awesome. They make coming into work enjoyable.
    - The product is actually easy to sell which is great.
    - Management is relatable and are always available. Listens to feedback and goes to battle for us. They also to the training which was nice!

Cons

HQ is in Sydney which makes communication difficult sometimes
    Sometimes it would be nice to have catered lunch's or breakfast's for the office.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing & your people will continue to work hard for you.

Apr 16, 2019 – HR Director

Thanks for the review! We agree, we think SiteMinder is an awesome place to work too.

"Close to being a really cool job"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Addison, TX

I worked at SiteMinder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The software is useful.
    Sales Managers provide a good support system, and offer decent training.
    There is a clear path to move up the chain.

Cons

Although the core feature of the software is useful, I find it relatively one-dimensional.
    I mostly left because of the person that worked HR.
    Asking basic questions to get a rude response is not necessarily the best approach to reduce attrition, especially considering it is coming from someone that oversees my benefits. I read a review about there being a mean girls vibe. I can see where that is coming from. Ironically, from HR.
    The exit interview only reaffirmed that. Also, my recruiter shared that I wasn't the only one.
    The job itself isn't so bad, but is geared more towards recently graduated college students, and inexperienced sales people.

Advice to Management

Sales Managers, keep grinding.
    HR, you are the culture that new employees see.

Mar 6, 2019 – HR Director

Thank you for your response. We are glad to hear you had good sales training to be successful in the sales department with a clear career pathway for growth.

We're sorry to hear your experience... More

4. "Customer Success Advisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SiteMinder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great company atmosphere - Fantastic coworkers - Top Management listens to you - The work is so enjoyable - Wonderful communication and transparency - Benefits and compensation - Pay

Cons

Growth opportunities are "limited" based on the size of the office, but I should mention that the office is quickly growing :D. I'll call this growing in a slow- strategic way.

Advice to Management

This is the best company I had ever work for :D

Mar 6, 2019 – HR Director

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are so glad to hear you are enjoying your time at SiteMinder and hope to continue to make it an even better place to work.

"Admin"

I worked at SiteMinder full-time

Pros

Great Company to work for

Cons

there aren't any cons at all

"Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Addison, TX

I worked at SiteMinder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a beer fridge.

Cons

Management is terrible and they have way to many Sales Reps.

7. "Good option for young professionals"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at SiteMinder full-time

Pros

Good starter career. Company doesn't feel like a corporate machine and it's a place where you can get some experience and build a solid foundation at the beginning of your career.

Cons

Even though the culture is good for young adults or recent graduates, it can be too immature for the more experienced employee - at times, it feels more like a college party than a workplace.

Career growth in Dallas also seems very limited, as it's one of the company's smallest locations. Good employees may get the opportunity to work their way up to team manager (if of course there is a need for somebody else in management), but there's really nothing beyond that available in Dallas. If you don't have any interest in management, then there's really not a lot of growth available for you, as most SME/specialized roles are located in Sydney or London.

Advice to Management

Foster a more inclusive culture. Employees at all life stages can and should be rewarded with more than binge drinking opportunities on the company dime.

If anyone with authority in Australia is reading this, consider being a truly global company. Distribute advanced roles across all regions instead of loading all non-management career progression opportunities in Sydney.

8. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - PMS Integrations Analyst in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - PMS Integrations Analyst in Addison, TX

I have been working at SiteMinder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere with good people to help if you need it

Cons

New employees have to park at the hotel

Advice to Management

None yet

"Find the right leaders"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SiteMinder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friday drinks but that may be about it

Cons

The leadership team has suffered through recent changes and does not support the team. They are in it for themselves and to make themselves look good to the executives. There are people that have been promoted that provide no value to the company and definitely shouldn’t be in a leadership role.

Advice to Management

Save your talent by keeping leaders that are good rather than pushing them out

10. "Growing pains are a real thing, but wake up, management!"

Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at SiteMinder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is relaxed. Your direct management is right by your side. It is a great place for someone coming out of college and looking for a transitional job before getting a job that pays well. They allow you to fail time and time again.

Cons

They know they need to pay you more, but they don't. If they like you, they will do anything to keep you. If not, they will make it hard for you to succeed. The management is trying to make changes, but until they figure out their own structure (comp plan, roles, territories, etc.), it will be a tough place to make good money at unless you have been there for 3+ years. Cool perks on paper, but don't believe everything you read. Transparency is difficult for them to grasp.

Advice to Management

Start thinking about the employees more instead of thinking about how you can use us. Create comp plans that benefit the sales executives, not just you.