Sitel Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 20, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Laurent Uberti

Pros
  • The flexiblity to work from home (in 143 reviews)

• The work environment is great and allows individuals to grow with the company (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Just like being in a call center but without the drama of the coworkers (in 35 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't seem to care what it does to morale by changing the how they do things (in 24 reviews)

1. "Don't do it"

Current Employee - CR2 Customer Service in Star, NC
    Current Employee - CR2 Customer Service in Star, NC

I have been working at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can wear PJ's to work

Cons

Not enough training, not treated fairly, have idiots working. People cheat to get the numbers they need . No morals or ethics

Advice to Management

Have some freaking standards and treat those that have been there with some respect instead of like dirt. You stab them in the back and treat them horribly and wonder why folks leave.

2. "Not recommended"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ocala, FL

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They had mandatory overtime. You could make real good money.

Cons

It did not matter if you wanted the overtime they made you work anyway. Call center was dirty inside and outside. Managers were on a power trip. Loved to try to sleep with workers.

Advice to Management

Site needs to be cleaned up. Teach workers how to take pride in their workplace.

3. "BED BUG HEAVEN"

Current Employee - Msr in East Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Msr in East Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited OT During bad weather, easy attendance system, no one watches you at all.

Cons

Here we go:

I was interviewed and hired on the spot. They don't tell you in training about all the mandatory OT they give you without asking your schedule or availability. You can't take it off, they will always refuse. If you don't stay for mandatory OT, you get half a point for leaving at your scheduled time before they randomly added it. You can only get 8 points and they add up fast.

Management is just awful. Do-nothing managers that don't even do one on ones with their agents. You can't depend on them to get you a day off. You can't depend on them for anything. It takes months to get something done that takes a normal person 5 minutes sometimes.

Its ghetto. People twerk in the aisles and sing loudly like they're on american idol. There's no assigned seats, but if you sit in a seat someone sits in regularly, you feel like a kid trying to find a seat on the bus in middle school. "Seats taken!" "You can't sit here!" The coaches say all the time there are no assigned seats, but yet they do absolutely nothing to stop this childish behavior. It creates a hostile work environment.

The bed bugs! People bring in blankets and teddy bears and the site is infested. The other day I watched a group of 4 managers acknowledge that a girl had a teddy bear during the bed bug problem. She walked right by them and one of them even asked aloud "is that a teddy bear?" Not one of them stopped her from bringing it in, no one said anything to her, and it looked dirty.

Insurance sucks. $85 a check for a $1750 deductible. $165 a check for $850 deductible.

Managers know nothing about the actual campaign and do nothing other than sit at their desks screaming "ACW!!!" There are a few managers that are good, but they should really move on because they're better than this place.

People who are great agents have been in the same job 2 years and you don't get raises after 2 years. They keep them in those jobs and put people who barely were on their phones taking calls in management. Then they make those same agents who are great and have been with the campaign a long time help train everyone by y-cording with them.

I have also been told flat out "no" when asking for a sheet to fix my time, been told by the only manager I could find at that time that they won't take kudo calls and to find someone else..... I could go on and on.....

Advice to Management

Look at what happens on the floor and actually watch how your coaches operate. If you came out of your office and observed the floor and actually managed people under you, there wouldn't be such high turn over and rampant unhappiness with the employees.

"Do NOT recommend MGT is awful!"

Former Employee - Csr1 in Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is the only good thing that came from here

Cons

Management shows favoritism, little advancement opportunities, very slow operating systems. They expect you to put them before your family and don't follow ADA accommodations

Advice to Management

Train your management to follow federal law, put them back through mgt class so they can do their job more efficiently because the favoritism and the neglect of the laws are causing people to leave. Update the systems so they move faster so the agent can be a more proficient CSR as all customers time is valuable

"The Most Unbelievable Call Center EVER!"

Former Employee - Fraud Account Supervisor in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Fraud Account Supervisor in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Sitel part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Coffee and Hot Chocolate
    Some Employees were a Pleasure to Work With
    Flexible Hours Available
    Overtime Opportunities (When available)

Cons

The Lowest Paid Time Off Rate I ever Received
    Disorganized Facility
    Coffee Was Gross
    Treatment of Employees Led to Low Morale
    Frequent Inconsistencies led to Massive Turnover
    Questionable Hiring Practices
    Ridiculously Low Wages for all the Work required for almost all employees
    "Bait and Switch" approach post hiring (they did this twice!)
    Overtime is almost mandatory to bring home subpar check
    Invasive Security Checks
    Terrible Attendance Policy
    Practically glued to your seat
    Absolutely Condescending Customers
    Brand New Facility, constantly having issues with hardware and software
    No HR Department, literally just a computer, phone number, and a fax machine.
    Feeling of Hopelessness some days due to a lack of floorwalkers, coaches, etc

Advice to Management

Think of your employees as people, not numbers,
    Pay your employees a decent wage for all the work they have to put up with
    More efficient Training should be offered for ALL levels of employees
    Fix Hiring Practices, don't just hire anyone that knows how to use Windows 7

"Not a good place"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenup, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenup, KY

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay on time and really not much else

Cons

Honestly I have nothing good to say about this company, and this is not my first work at home or call center job. The management is nice, I guess but the company itself is awful.

Advice to Management

Quit changing policy's every other day, first of all. Second remember ur agents are remote agents, so your training should have at least one day that you explain what to do when programs go down, short cuts, etc.

7. "Business Technical Support Agent"

Current Employee - Business Technical Support in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Technical Support in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get technical support experience.

Cons

The experience is not hands on.

Advice to Management

Value the customer more than stats and you'll never lose a customer.

"Very Confusing Place To Work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sitel full-time

Pros

Working in the brick and mortar call center is better than working from home for Sitel.

Cons

I've worked in the call center and from home and in both capacities I've always said that "the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing". One manager will say this and another will say opposite. The training in the call center is ok, but the WAH training is subpar at best. I cannot wait to remove myself from this company.

Advice to Management

Try to be more professional and take better care of your employees. Maybe then you wouldn't have such a high turnover rate.

9. "Customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Augusta, GA

I worked at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supervisors for most part are ok

Cons

Salary cap equipment does not work

Advice to Management

Give people bonuses at least

"Was a Negative Experience Overall"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oak Ridge, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oak Ridge, TN

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Will hire anyone with a will to work regardless of background. Good diversity policy. Trainers were engaging and knew how to control a large training class and get the basics taught.

Cons

Pay was average at best for the job titles hired. We were hired for Customer Service: but in training, they played this game around when someone quit, saying that they quit because they didn't know that the job involved sales, and did this in a way that denigrated the person who left. Once out of training, all pretense of good Customer Service was dropped and it became all about the UP-SALE. Small incentives were offered for good numbers, most of which were tied directly to up-selling numbers. But anyone who insisted to giving the customers Good Customer Service could NEVER qualify for those incentives.
    Also, breaks and lunch are tightly controlled. If you have a small bladder, don't work here. You are not allowed to use any of your break time for a restroom run.

Advice to Management

You can tell which ratings were submitted by management, they all give 5 stars and have some variation of, "Keep up the great work " in the Advice to Management.
    My advice is for management to stop mislabeling job titles in your job ads. And start treating your employees as adults, if their needs and challenges are too much for you to handle, then end their employment, but stop treating employees like children, or worse, like prisoners that must be herded around on schedule.

Showing 322 of 1,341 reviews