Sitel Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 21, 2017
1,318 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,318 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • The flexiblity to work from home (in 141 reviews)

• The work environment is great and allows individuals to grow with the company (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Just like being in a call center but without the drama of the coworkers (in 34 reviews)

• High Turn Over with Upper Management and staff (in 23 reviews)

1. "Don't do it"

Current Employee - CR2 Customer Service in Star, NC
    Current Employee - CR2 Customer Service in Star, NC

I have been working at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can wear PJ's to work

Cons

Not enough training, not treated fairly, have idiots working. People cheat to get the numbers they need . No morals or ethics

Advice to Management

Have some freaking standards and treat those that have been there with some respect instead of like dirt. You stab them in the back and treat them horribly and wonder why folks leave.

"work from home initial applicant process"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Sitel part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The flexiblity to work from home

Cons

The pay is low. Minimum wage or less. Pay more.

Advice to Management

pay more

"horrible coaches"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Do your job and go home.

Cons

Management not helpful. They dont know how to do your job.

Advice to Management

Retrain your coaches because they dont know what a coach should do. They are demotivating and wont take customer calls. Instead of writing up agents, write up coaches.

"Management is not to good"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a big stable company

Cons

Pay is not that good. It would be Better with overtime.
    If you leave don't hold your breath for getting any PTO that you earned management doesn't submit your PTO paperwork as they should you have to call Payrol and other offices to get things done. I left with a 2 week notice 2 pay periods later still no PTO Check after a year of no vacation they still have not paid me for time I've earned. Now waiting on a email from my old supervisor to give Payrol the go ahead to pay me what they owe me. I was accused of doing things that never happened and they never apologize for making a false accusations against me I would never work there again. You can do 99% of things rite and they will scorn you for 1% of what you didn't do rite. Not a good work environment even though it's descized as a happy work environment it's horrible there.

Advice to Management

They need to do more focus on being professional and keeping agents happy

"Sitel overall"

Current Employee - Senior Workforce Coordinator in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Workforce Coordinator in Miami, FL

I have been working at Sitel (More than 5 years)

Pros

good place to start a career

Cons

long tenure not recommended ,slow growth

Advice to Management

kindly upskill people so as to make them continue working

6. "BED BUG HEAVEN"

Current Employee - Msr in East Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Msr in East Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited OT During bad weather, easy attendance system, no one watches you at all.

Cons

Here we go:

I was interviewed and hired on the spot. They don't tell you in training about all the mandatory OT they give you without asking your schedule or availability. You can't take it off, they will always refuse. If you don't stay for mandatory OT, you get half a point for leaving at your scheduled time before they randomly added it. You can only get 8 points and they add up fast.

Management is just awful. Do-nothing managers that don't even do one on ones with their agents. You can't depend on them to get you a day off. You can't depend on them for anything. It takes months to get something done that takes a normal person 5 minutes sometimes.

Its ghetto. People twerk in the aisles and sing loudly like they're on american idol. There's no assigned seats, but if you sit in a seat someone sits in regularly, you feel like a kid trying to find a seat on the bus in middle school. "Seats taken!" "You can't sit here!" The coaches say all the time there are no assigned seats, but yet they do absolutely nothing to stop this childish behavior. It creates a hostile work environment.

The bed bugs! People bring in blankets and teddy bears and the site is infested. The other day I watched a group of 4 managers acknowledge that a girl had a teddy bear during the bed bug problem. She walked right by them and one of them even asked aloud "is that a teddy bear?" Not one of them stopped her from bringing it in, no one said anything to her, and it looked dirty.

Insurance sucks. $85 a check for a $1750 deductible. $165 a check for $850 deductible.

Managers know nothing about the actual campaign and do nothing other than sit at their desks screaming "ACW!!!" There are a few managers that are good, but they should really move on because they're better than this place.

People who are great agents have been in the same job 2 years and you don't get raises after 2 years. They keep them in those jobs and put people who barely were on their phones taking calls in management. Then they make those same agents who are great and have been with the campaign a long time help train everyone by y-cording with them.

I have also been told flat out "no" when asking for a sheet to fix my time, been told by the only manager I could find at that time that they won't take kudo calls and to find someone else..... I could go on and on.....

Advice to Management

Look at what happens on the floor and actually watch how your coaches operate. If you came out of your office and observed the floor and actually managed people under you, there wouldn't be such high turn over and rampant unhappiness with the employees.

7. "Not recommended"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ocala, FL

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They had mandatory overtime. You could make real good money.

Cons

It did not matter if you wanted the overtime they made you work anyway. Call center was dirty inside and outside. Managers were on a power trip. Loved to try to sleep with workers.

Advice to Management

Site needs to be cleaned up. Teach workers how to take pride in their workplace.

"Coaches need too work on better performance and availability for the CSR' s"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Corning, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Corning, NY

I have been working at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good shifts, comfertable working area, reasonable rules and dress code, good incentives , good programming , up to date safety features (badges)

Cons

Rude and vulgar customers , rude and abnoxious staff, not enough detailed training on how to work system, needs updated computers, schedule changes over night and agent gets in trouble for it

Advice to Management

Work with and understand employees wants and needs

9. "great company"

Former Employee - Fraud Agent in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Fraud Agent in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great working environment for associate

Cons

nothing bad, would work for them again

10. "Site Manager of Learning"

Current Employee - Learning Manager in Lake City, FL
    Current Employee - Learning Manager in Lake City, FL

I have been working at Sitel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People First, Learning Environment, Fun

Cons

Long drive into the city

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do best, hire the right fit, train them and treat them like family.

Showing 1,318 of 1,339 reviews