Sitel Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,372 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Just like being in a call center but without the drama of the coworkers (in 36 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't seem to care what it does to morale by changing the how they do things (in 25 reviews)

1. "Good company"

I worked at Sitel full-time

Pros

Large company with many career opportunities. Good reputation in industry.

Cons

Merit increases are rare at exempt levels. Appraisal process for exempt staff is not rigorous.

Advice to Management

More emphasis on personal development

2. "They don't work with previously scheduled appointments"

I worked at Sitel full-time

Pros

It was a very simple process to get hired.

Cons

They hired me and asked if I'd be missing any days. I told them my son has a serious condition that requires me to take him to several appointments. I was told that's ok, as long as I let them know. I let them know before beginning a campaign that I would need to take my son to his neurologist and I was asked if I'd have to miss any other days. I said he's going to be getting a surgery scheduled and I don't know the dates, but those days I'd be missing as well. I was told to quit.

3. "Run Away"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Coworkers
    Decent Pay
    Nice Break room

Cons

Where do I begin. They will lie to get you in the door, then you are treated like a number. All they want is butts in seats so they get paid by the client. They will give you your holiday off, but then make you work your normal day off. They make you work mandatory overtime even when it is slow. Most coaches are not even licensed. They will pull coaches from other departments rather than promote from within the campagin. They are more concerned with metrics and if you are saying things correctly (even thought we are not scripted) rather than if the client is being helped.

Advice to Management

Get licensed and help your agents. Make your agents feel appreciated instead of tearing them down. Enforce rules including dress code, but do it across the board and don't give your favorie agents a pass.

4. "Go somewhere else"

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot think of any of you just need a check this place is fine, otherwise run away this place is not a good place to work!!

Cons

Everyone is fake here, pay is below average, to many pay issues within all department front office staff is rude as hell, everyone is a number they say people first but think that's means just ordering lunch and giving out pats on the back, they will create a hostile environment if they don't like you or just find reasons to fire you! Management is not qualified to be in there positions, they don't foster a learning environment, they want you to blindly follow all instructions, if you have a leadership mentality DO NOT WORK HERE they hate that and really don't want your opinions or help. Rather than preventing issues they would rather just fix it as they come along ( which is more often than it should be). They place this huge expectation on dress code but none of the other rules. They will tow your car if you are not parked in the designated areas. Overall this place is crap! If you just need a pay check this is fine place to work. Other than that go somewhere else

"CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oak Ridge, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oak Ridge, TN

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, pool table, friendly management.

Cons

Pay, more red tape than the Fed due to the client, mandatory overtime. Also, one of the most ridiculous attendance policies at any institution I have ever worked.

Advice to Management

The policy of making employees do make up hours anytime they call in sick and then also hitting them for an attendance occurrence even when they make up the hours, while also forcing mandatory overtime for weeks at a time if not months, and basically telling them that regardless of their concerns this will never change is demotivating at best. I understand that you get paid for having people in the seats, but after people start working there they find out the tactics being used to keep those people in seats are ridiculous, and those people leave.
     I understand that the main reason you use those tactics are because your attrition is through the roof. However, the reason your attrition is through the roof is due to those very tactics. It's a vicious cycle that only you can stop. But you have said that you will never stop this, so I, along with many others, left. Have fun with that.

6. "Worst Place Ever!!!!"

Pros

There are no pro's other than another addition to the resume

Cons

Not enough pay, Coaches are petty and micromanage as well as conduct illegal activities at work, lying always losing important documents Human resource representative that abuses the open door policy, bugs, upper management look at agents as numbers, no room for growth, won't get your last paycheck even if you provided the week notice

Advice to Management

Close the doors and start over

7. "New Supervisor Every Few Weeks"

I worked at Sitel full-time

Pros

Games, some slow nights, colleagues.

Cons

New Supervisor Every Few Weeks, High turnover rate

8. "Customer Service Agent"

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice work from home position. The training is great. Lots of support while on the phones with customers.

Cons

Customer surveys can mess up your metrics. Surveys needs to be more about the agent who helps the customers rather than how well the customer likes the store. We as agents needed to know if the customer were happy with our service. If the customer is upset with the store rules than we got hammered.

Advice to Management

The surveys needs to be reviewed and make sure they refer to the agents.

"Last Resort"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Angelo, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Angelo, TX

I have been working at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great bonuses (if you meet the requirements which keep changing so good luck)

Cons

HR will not do anything if you're being harassed if the person in question is highly liked by everyone else. In fact, they'll even let him supervise you when the other sups are in a meeting even after you were promised he wouldn't have any power over your job, but what do I know...

Advice to Management

Be professional. Discipline people who clearly have violated the rules instead of making the victims feel like it's their fault. Also please stop playing inappropriate LOUD music while on the production floor. Very unprofessional and customers can hear it over the phone.

10. "Mentor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, offers work at home

Cons

Poor management, no room for growth

Advice to Management

Better planning to avoid future lay offs

Showing 1,372 of 1,394 reviews