Sitel Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017
1,284 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,284 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • The flexiblity to work from home (in 138 reviews)

• The work environment is great and allows individuals to grow with the company (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Just like being in a call center but without the drama of the coworkers (in 31 reviews)

• High Turn Over with Upper Management and staff (in 23 reviews)

1. "It's an okay job"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can work from home
    Offers benefits and 401k
    Full time

Cons

Not much room for growth
    Hard to find a position after obtaining a degree
    Low pay

Advice to Management

I have a business administration degree and this job would be perfect to stay with. But unfortunately it doesn't offer any positions I can use my degree for outside of my campaign and this job doesn't offer enough to cover my student loans

2. "Worst training, Unorganized, Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative in Cookeville, TN

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of anything that was good about this situation. Pay was $9 an hr half the equipment did not work so about 80% of training was everyone yelling about equipment being down.

Cons

Training was noting but contradictions and confusion. No proper training and they had you answering calls in 3 weeks. We didn't even have half the logins to our systems that we would use on a daily basis when they put us on the phones.

Advice to Management

Better training. Have everyone's logins ready on the 1st day of training.

3. "Good Company, Insecure management"

Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

lots of training and support during ; most supervisors advocate for their employees; pleasant work environment

Cons

very low pay for the amount of training and responsibility expected; handful of immature, unprofessional employees

Advice to Management

Be very selective about the types of employees and level of professionalism you bring on to a new campaign ; cattle call hiring is almost always risky

5. "API"

Current Employee - API in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - API in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a check that ensures you will not become homeless

Cons

EVERYTHING!!! Coaches and Operation Managers should ONLY be promoted IF and WHEN they have walked in an agents shoes in that SPECIFIC department for AT LEAST a year! Very few API managers have actually worked as an API agent and most of them do not have the correct answers if you ask them a question. USAA members are very rude and have a God complex. They will talk down to you and play the victim card over the littlest thing that at other companies would not even be an issue. Get rid of USAA, you can do better. No one deserves to be treated the way that USAA members treat us. Stop being cheap and make billing do their job. API IS NOT BILLING!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?

Advice to Management

Stop hiring ghetto people. Get rid of USAA and give your agents the respect they work hard to deserve (unlike the rude USAA members). Only promote those who have actually done the job for that specific department. Stop with the excuse that API gets paid too much and actually give us rewards, like FNOL and Viasat is constantly getting. Stop with the yelling of kudos calls and MSAT's.

6. "Very unorganized"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in East Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in East Spartanburg, SC

I worked at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benifits are alright the lunch breaks are an hour long and plenty of breaks job is also pretty easy

Cons

No organization, questions do not get answered, have to beg for your raise that you are promised in sign on paper work always try to send people home early and lots of favoritism

7. "Customer Service Rep"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Starkville, MS
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Starkville, MS

I have been working at Sitel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you do get insurance more than minimum wage

Cons

Hours are NOT stable very high expectations training is too long

Advice to Management

Please work on getting stable hours

8. "OK job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sitel (More than a year)

Pros

Hours bonus outings parties team wins

Cons

People ghetto dirty ugly colors and smells from paint

Advice to Management

Get new managers asap now

9. "Sitel: a good starter-career."

Former Employee - Operations Manager in San Angelo, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in San Angelo, TX

I worked at Sitel full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities to move up into low-tier management positions. Social atmosphere is good. You will learn a lot in this career that will help you in the future.

Cons

Middle and upper management fails to live by their own advice. Moving up can be political depending on your location. Pay scale for promotion in the company is sub-par until you get in the executive bracket.

Advice to Management

Agents are not paid enough for the stresses they go through. For management, there should be an understanding of job scope and work/life balance. Many positions above agent level require employees to work outside of the scope of their job, all while teaching people to manage client "scope creep" which is a very hypocritical way of working.

10. "Good company"

Current Employee - Fraud Investigator in Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Fraud Investigator in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at Sitel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New management was great!Improved alot during its final days

Cons

unfornately coworkers messed up everything for the rest that where actually doing our job.

Advice to Management

better hiring managers, make sure to be checking peoples absences is and lateness to many people got away with murder.

11. "customer service rep/tech support"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lafayette, IN

I worked at Sitel (More than a year)

Pros

Sitel was very good about coaching you to do your best on each call. They always provided the necessary materials needed to stay on top of the job, which was changing all the time. They were constantly finding new ways to keep employee interest with incentives and games.

Cons

you had to deal with very unruly clients at time while keeping your cool. you sat in one spot and stared at a computer screen with a head set covering your ears for 8 or more hours a day

Advice to Management

there is not a whole lot i would change except for maybe, shorter more frequent breaks or at least a time to get up and walk the whole room and then sit back down.

Showing 1,284 of 1,305 reviews