Siteworx Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ken Quaglio

Pros
  • The combination of how much I learned and the great people I worked with made it a great experience (in 4 reviews)

• bi-weekly and quarterly happy hours (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • As people at the doer level are being let go to fund the expensive chiefs , there are no more indians to do the real work (in 7 reviews)

• Also you can forget about having a work life balance depending upon what department you work for (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Energetic, fun, transparent and growing fast!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Siteworx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Siteworx is growing fast and there are endless opportunities for employee growth and development. The culture is energetic, transparent, passionate, honest....and FUN! The CEO exemplifies all these characteristics and encourages employees to do the same. All my co-workers are hardworking, honest individuals who I feel lucky to be spending so much time with each day. The employees and their passion for their work and customers is what makes this company great. Siteworx has gone through a lot of changes over the past couple years and we are now in position for exponential growth. This is going to be a really exciting time over the next year!

Cons

The company is rapidly growing to keep up with digital changes, and this type of environment demands people who have the ability to move quickly as things change. This is a huge opportunity for individuals who are creative, motivated and forward-thinking, but not for those who want to coast and have a siloed position.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage and empower employees to learn and grow. Since we are moving so fast, be sure to constantly communicate with employees.

"Great company, lots of opportunity and growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Siteworx full-time

Pros

The people here are fantastic. We work together towards a common goal, to help clients. Everyone is enthusiastic, culture is fun.

Cons

No real cons, the company is changing for the better.

Advice to Management

Keep the drive, keep the open communication

"No Bonuses (more salt to wound)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Siteworx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My team is awesome and dependable. Our HR team is awesome and very helpful.

Cons

We got notice about not receiving our bonuses a couple hours before the money was supposed to be paid. Received an email from the CEO about "delay in collecting statements". No sure what that means but we didn't receive a direct reason. While they are making changes to the CEO, they should also change leadership at our headquarters office in DC. Changes must happen for this company to grow.

Advice to Management

Please please please change the hierarchy before even more people leave.

"Desperate for Leadership Guidance and Training"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Siteworx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the non managerial co workers who, by the way, actually do the work

Cons

Operational leadership need serious work, you can't expect profitable results with individuals over operations who are not qualified. It just can't and won't work!

Advice to Management

Put employees in positions who are capable of leading the company. You can't promote previous co workers because they're your friends.

"Development and Delusions"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at Siteworx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Siteworx's non-management employees are some of the most creative, welcoming, talented, and supportive people I've ever met.

Cons

Although I voluntarily left Siteworx several months ago, I am still aghast at some of the practices I witnessed, as well as the delusion and denial that helped these bad practices persist. On the surface, Siteworx seems like a “cool place to work” (think open floor plan, nice chairs, in-office happy hours), yet in this place exist some very unhappy people.

During my employment, I had no less than three managers in the span of one year, each worse than the next. My manager at time of departure was quite obviously inexperienced, insensitive, and threatened by anyone who would question his “expertise.” I voiced my concerns to upper management to no avail.

Projects were routinely and repeatedly underbid to gain “logos,” thus making the projects over budget week one. Sadly, the decision to underbid was swiftly forgotten. Siteworx’s project managers were made to track hours to the penny and face weekly tribunals with finance to explain why their projects were not meeting the unrealistically high margins seen in those funded correctly (of which there were very few).

Siteworx’s agile practice was limping along when I left, although the few agile champions there did make a noble attempt. Unfortunately, Siteworx itself was resistant to applying these principles to its own work, thus denying the business the ability to reap the same benefits we were selling to clients. “Rush jobs,” overtime, mistrust, and multi-tasking was the norm.

Stay far away. There are other agencies that will respect you, appreciate you, and give you time to build great things.

Advice to Management

We all know the emperor has no clothes.

"Great company culture and atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Pros

There are some really great people here at Siteworx that truly make coming to work a joy. The teams are really involved in each others day-to-day tasks and your colleagues will really take the time to help out wherever needed.

Management is transparent such that you always know any ups and downs the company might be facing.

The work is challenging but rewarding in a big way.

Cons

As a company Siteworx continues to grow and that means a lot of changes here and there. You just need to be able to move and adjust with it as it goes.

Advice to Management

Being transparent is the best thing for the employees right now. Continue keeping us in the loop and up to date on the company!

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Siteworx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Shiny brand
    Decent client list
    Some exposure to emerging technologies
    Relaxing job if you can ignore outcomes
    Inspiring speeches
    A good place for a mcmanager to feed
    There's a red button for projects in crisis

Cons

Status culture
    Lack of formal or even effective ad-hoc internal processes
    Lack of management accountability
    Associate vs Developer titles
    Lack of consistent or effective project management processes
    General sense of working for a temp agency
    Reporting structure conflicts with effective handling of project information
    No one has ever pushed the red button

Advice to Management

Get your feet to touch the ground somewhere - the recent and ongoing churn of people and notions hasn't translated to a change in working practice, and you need an MVP there before you can get anywhere.

9. "Technical Manager"

Former Employee - Technical Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at Siteworx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great environment to learn a lot, supportive management.

Cons

the workload was at times over bearing, had to make up for unfortunate hires.

"Developer"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Reston, VA

I worked at Siteworx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the Developers were very good, and helpful. Design and UX also had some talented people

Cons

Development was not ever a priority and always got the short end of the stick.

Advice to Management

Stop saying we made record profits but can't pay our people any more than currently.

"I stand by my original post in January 2015"

Former Employee - QA Specialist in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - QA Specialist in Reston, VA

I worked at Siteworx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* They have a strategy
    * They know where they want to go
    * They work hard to get there
    * They provide for (reasonable) educational opportunities
    * They give recognition where appropriate, by whatever means they can

Cons

The industry is pretty tough out there - layoffs are never fun (especially for the affected), but sometimes unforeseen challenges arise in the industry. Nothing is perfect, nothing is permanent. For the company to remain strong, it must do what is necessary, pleasant or not. I look forward to great things to come from Siteworx.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of what is important. Siteworx has a lot to give and, despite the tough market, folks will be looking to the company to assist.

Siteworx Response

Oct 20, 2015

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Siteworx has worked hard to ensure our colleagues understand the vision and direction of the company. We too look forward to seeing great things from the team and ... More