Sittercity Reviews | Glassdoor

Elizabeth Harz

"Good Experience"

Former Employee - Nanny in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Nanny in Arlington, VA

I worked at Sittercity part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A chance to set your own scedule also if you love children and have patience , this job doesnt just become a job ,it becomes the something you will love to do.

Cons

Some families will treat you as if youre only the maid or a chef and nothing else.

Advice to Management

If you dont have a clean driving record and possibly CPR and first aid certification , this job almost always requires it.

2. "BAD POLICIES"

Former Employee - Nanny/Babysitter in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Nanny/Babysitter in Aurora, CO

I worked at Sittercity part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was able to get a couple nice positions.

Cons

I had a client that I had stopped working for and she wrote a very untruthful review about me. I contacted SitterCity and they said they could not do anything about it and that my only options were to 1. Reach out to the client and ask her to take down review or 2. Reply in a positive manner to the negative comment. I did both. A week later I was "terminated" by SitterCity. I had no notification from SitterCity but they quickly sent out a "Notice of Termintion of Member" to everyone I had had contact with. I contacted SitterCity again and they refused to help or tell me what I had done?????? This cost me a great deal of time doing damage control. I am a good and reputable sitter.

Advice to Management

Shame on you! This is contempt prior to investigation and this type of policy can really damage someone's reputation for nothing. This is referred to as defamation of character. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau

3. "Care taker of children,meals, and house keeping"

Former Employee - Nanny, Caregiver in Chico, CA
    Former Employee - Nanny, Caregiver in Chico, CA

I worked at Sittercity part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sitter citty has a good following, they hire only the best.

Cons

Only that you can get moved around.

Advice to Management

The right fit. These parents are trusting they're most prise position.

5. "Nanny"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Flexible schedule, building a strong relationship with children and families.

Cons

Occasional behavioral issues, sometimes longer schedule with short notice

Advice to Management

none

"Scammed"

Former Employee - Nanny in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Nanny in Boston, MA

I worked at Sittercity (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's easy to get on contact with families for a job
    Easy application

Cons

Did nothing to help after I was scammed
    Meeting with strangers

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have something like background checks for families as well.

7. "Pretty good experience"

Former Employee - Nanny in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Nanny in New York, NY

I worked at Sittercity part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got to care for wonderful kids. It was easy for the parents to look at my experience. You can do a background check easily and affordably.

Cons

I struggled with getting enough hours. When I worked part time it was difficult to supplement my income with other babysitting gigs.

Advice to Management

Provide access to CPR training.

8. "I cared for three children for four years."

Former Employee - Nanny in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Nanny in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Sittercity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part of working with children is learning to be patient and responsible.

Cons

The only downside nannying is not obtaining legitimate experience for corporate jobs.

"My experience working for this company has been great. It is a super collaborative, high energy, and innovative."

Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at Sittercity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone has a great attitude and passion for what we are doing. The project I'm working on is exciting, innovative and I love every minute of it. It is also an environment where you are encouraged to learn and explore new ideas and opportunities to make things better. There is unlimited PTO, work from home Fridays, and compensation is great.

Cons

Sometimes things aren't always communicated with everyone in a timely manner, but people are always conscious of and working towards better communication

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome.

10. "Amazing"

Former Employee - Nanny in San Clemente, CA
    Former Employee - Nanny in San Clemente, CA

Pros

Wonderful people, wonderful jobs! fast and easy, it filters through so you can get the right person your looking for!

Cons

YA, that not enough people have joined!

11. "Best job I have ever had"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sittercity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, great work/life balance, and a real opportunity to grow by working on new and interesting things. Agile shop that practices TDD and has a real commitment to writing solid, supportable software. Also working towards being a true polyglot shop, which is exactly what I want. Clear technology plans for the future and some real, demonstrable progress on improving our tech stack in recent months. I am excited about the future as far as technology goes.

Compensation is great, free lunch every Wednesday, and a great culture in the office. I wasn't around during what most of the previous reviews have mentioned...all I see now is a development process that works and generally happy product owners. Wonder if the reason it is better now is because all of these negative, angry people are gone...

Cons

Lack of clear direction from upper management. We hear a lot of talk about how things will go without really seeing those steps. Feels like we back into decisions instead of having a firm direction. Sometimes those decisions are good! But it would be nice to have firm, decisive leadership.

We've also inherited a relatively rough tech stack. It's stable but it needs a lot of love. From what I hear things are a lot better nowadays then two years ago but we have a lot of work to do. I personally like that challenge.

Advice to Management

If you truly believe the grand rhetoric then invest big in the company. We need a bigger staff and we need to take some risks. We hear every few weeks about these great big plans that we are going to pursue but nothing ever really takes shape. Push! You have a great team that is ready to go along for the ride.