Sittercity Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Sittercity 2018"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sittercity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team at Sittercity is first-class. Everyone at the company has been incredibly supportive, and I feel that the management team has given me the leeway to be successful in my role.

I'm tremendously excited about the mission of the company, and I feel that as we enter 2018 the team has a new momentum to achieve it.

Cons

We're trying to reinvent the category that we pioneered, and that's a huge challenge. If you are looking for a clearly defined operating role, it's going to be hard to find that today at Sittercity. However, if you can embrace all of the changes around you and adapt, you'll make a real impact on the company and, in turn, families across the country!

Advice to Management

Continue to move fast, embrace change, and build the product that "finally makes childcare work!"

2. "Sitter"

Current Employee - Sitter in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Sitter in Midland, TX

I have been working at Sittercity part-time

Pros

Worked for nice people

Cons

More pay would have been great

3. "Laughable place to work now"

I worked at Sittercity full-time

Pros

The employees left over after half the company was cut are great. Though the company is pretty much relying on contractors who know nothing about childcare now to save money.

Cons

CEO is horrible. They cut pretty much half the company in a period of 6 months, and the rest are leaving. Don't work here.

Advice to Management

Fire the CEO

4. "HORRIBLE new leadership - don’t work here!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sittercity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited PTO (although when you’re gone, the work doesn’t get done so you can’t take time off), unlimited snacks and beverages in the stocked kitchen.

Cons

Terrible new CEO, Elizabeth, laid off half of the company for contractors she knew from her old companies. Contractors are condescending and completely took away the genuine, personable, and real parts of the company that actually care about safety and kids. Elizabeth seems to only care about herself and getting interviews and media coverage (for example, one of her first priorities was to have the leadership team do media training...). Half the company got laid off and another fourth ended up quitting because of the negative outlook of the company. The ones that are left are people that don’t truly care about the company, have zero experience in the childcare industry (whether it be a parent or just a nanny/sitter) and equate “dogs as their children” - cough...it’s a childcare company and dogs are NOT exactly like kids. Good luck to the people that work here and the parents that use their service! Yikes.

Advice to Management

Get the old team back - people that are genuinely passionate about children.

5. "Used to be great"

I worked at Sittercity full-time

Pros

1 year ago I would've been able to talk for hours on how great this company is. Then they hired a new CEO and laid off pretty much half the company within 3 months. What I can say is that the people made this company but they are no longer there. Unlimited PTO is nice.

Cons

CEO could care less, running company into ground
    Laid off half the company in a very short time frame
    Hires consultants the soak up revenue but lets actual employees go

Advice to Management

Get rid of CEO

6. "Great place"

I worked at Sittercity full-time

Pros

I liked the fact that I could apply for sitter jobs on my app.

Cons

No Cons, great place to start working if you want to be a nanny or teacher

7. "Great company!"

I have been working at Sittercity full-time

Pros

Great team and great mission!

Cons

Industry faces large trust hurdles.

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the prize - there's tons of opportunity.

8. "childcare assistant"

Former Employee - Childcare Provider in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Childcare Provider in Arlington, VA

I worked at Sittercity part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company that allows you to find the right families close to your area and balances your schedule with theirs perfectly.

Cons

constant email scams but Sittercity staff works on them immediately

"Great experience with room for growth"

I have been working at Sittercity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's an exciting time to work for Sittercity, with a new CEO driving growth and reinvigorating company strategy. Elizabeth is leading the charge in focusing our efforts for the next year and beyond, and in her short time here has already made a major positive impact. We work in a team-driven environment with intelligent, ambitious, dedicated coworkers. There are plenty of opportunities for personal career development at Sittercity, and if there's something you want to learn more about, teammates are willing to teach you. Work-life balance is also a huge priority here, with competitive benefits and the ability to work remote when personal or family matters come up.

Cons

None that come to mind.

"BAD POLICIES"

Former Employee - Nanny/Babysitter in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Nanny/Babysitter in Aurora, CO

I worked at Sittercity part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was able to get a couple nice positions.

Cons

I had a client that I had stopped working for and she wrote a very untruthful review about me. I contacted SitterCity and they said they could not do anything about it and that my only options were to 1. Reach out to the client and ask her to take down review or 2. Reply in a positive manner to the negative comment. I did both. A week later I was "terminated" by SitterCity. I had no notification from SitterCity but they quickly sent out a "Notice of Termintion of Member" to everyone I had had contact with. I contacted SitterCity again and they refused to help or tell me what I had done?????? This cost me a great deal of time doing damage control. I am a good and reputable sitter.

Advice to Management

Shame on you! This is contempt prior to investigation and this type of policy can really damage someone's reputation for nothing. This is referred to as defamation of character. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau