Situs Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Steve Powel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A lot of work, but you learn a lot (in 7 reviews)

• The benefits are excellent and vacation time is more than generous (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance is out of whack due to some employees not having a life outside of work (in 7 reviews)

• Incoming internal risk governance from new senior management may help minimise that issue, although will take time (in 11 reviews)

1. "Really Great Place to Work"

I worked at Situs full-time

Pros

Enjoyed working and growing professionally.

Cons

I enjoyed my time at Situs

Advice to Management

None

2. "Counsel"

Former Employee - Associate General Counsel in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate General Counsel in Houston, TX

I worked at Situs full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great experience and challenging work.

Cons

It's hard work but worth it.

3. "It's okay"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Robbins, NC
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Robbins, NC

I have been working at Situs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company cares out the employees. Robbins office is fun and the people are nice and friendly. Laid back.

Cons

Work/ life balance sucks. Pay is not good. Management doesn't take disciplinary under-performing employees so other people are forced to pick up slack. Not much room for advancement.

"Decent Place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst in Robbins, NC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Robbins, NC

I have been working at Situs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have decent health benefits

Cons

Low pay in Robbins. Management needs to be more realistic

5. "Analyst II (Insurance)"

Current Employee - Insurance in Robbins, NC
    Current Employee - Insurance in Robbins, NC

I have been working at Situs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the moment you enter the doors, "family" and positive "culture" is emphasized. The training they initially provide is fun and challenging. You are exposed to a myriad of topics, and form relationships that carry over into the work environment. Soon you learn that the "family" and positive "culture" spoken of is a reality, as this location acts it out with continual work events, and even within its continual training. All encounters with everyone at this location have been positive, professional, and reciprocal. A positive attitude, desire to be challenged to learn, and a desire to engage in challenging and interesting work will allow one to fit well into this environment. My personal opinion is that this location has a very positive future ahead of itself. Management knows the most valuable resource here, the employees. A clear and genuine message is being conveyed properly by management to effectuate very positive change. Employees have many opportunities to participate in solving problems or challenges this location may face. A sense of being able to belong is in the air here, and that message is also getting across. All in all, I would not be surprised if this location became an even more desired place to work in the future. (The above review is based upon being as fair and objective as possible. I have 10+ years in the workforce, many of them at a top management position).

Cons

I am required to write 5 words in this block.

Advice to Management

There is a good balance of focus on employee empowerment and profitability. You have narrowed the divide between leadership/workforce to a very healthy level. I like that you are always trying to find 'better ways' in all aspects of the business. Your methods to communicate your positive message are very well thought out. I see a good amount of emotional intelligence in the leadership; some elements even touching transformational leadership. Keep trying to improve, but I know you will. And that is very good leading by example.

6. "Thank you Situs!"

Current Employee - Associate in Robbins, NC
    Current Employee - Associate in Robbins, NC

I have been working at Situs full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Situs provides endless learning and career opportunities. Whether you're someone who is just out of college, or you've been in the working world for a long time, you learn more than you can imagine here. Management truly cares about each and every employee. This is a job where you get just as much out of it as you put in. If you're truly willing to work hard and learn, you'll love this company. The culture has improved greatly over the past couple of years. The benefits are excellent and vacation time is more than generous. Employees are greatly encouraged to use time off. You will not find better benefits or more generous time off policy anywhere else in this area. The Robbins office has been improved greatly by renovations that were completed - the office is beautiful and the environment encourages interaction among all employees. The CEO is excellent and truly cares about the Robbins location and all employees.

Cons

None. This is an excellent company and location.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! The culture has improved greatly, and I look forward to coming to work here. Thanks for all that you do.

7. "VP and loving it"

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Situs full-time

Pros

Management experience, co-worker cohesiveness, job knowledge and training, advancement opportunities

Cons

Overhead cost, questionable budget projections, retroactive hiring process

Advice to Management

Thank you for doing the best that you can. It is amazing.

8. "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Robbins, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Robbins, NC

I have been working at Situs full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people that work in the Situs Robbins office are wonderful and really focus on creating an outstanding work environment. Situs has incredible benefits (including medical, dental, and vision) and pays over 90% toward benefit premiums for employees and their families. PTO (paid time off) is another fantastic benefit. Employees get 20 paid days off in their first year, which increases to 25 days after five years of employment. I previously worked in an organization where individuals had to be employed for one year before taking any paid time off. In addition, they offer six weeks of maternity leave at full pay. A collaborative, team atmosphere is important to the success of any organization and Situs strives to create this through regularly scheduled social events and by working hard to create and maintain a positive culture.

Cons

The stress I put on myself to have a healthy work/life balance (even though Situs encourages vacation time).

Advice to Management

We are fortunate that Situs seeks to promote from within. It is easy to blame others when personal aspirations of a promotion are not achieved. It is much more difficult to look inside oneself and ask, “In what areas can I improve?”. Continue to provide consistent feedback and goal setting that can help employees reach their potential.

"Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Situs full-time

Pros

Good access to industry information

Cons

Workload! Workload! Workload! Sweatshop! Sweatshop! Sweatshop!

Advice to Management

Situs is nothing more than a glorified SWEATSHOP! Director, Vice President, Assistant Vice President, Associate, Analyst. It’s all the same at Situs. Although you may be hired at a senior level the party is over after the first week of employment, when you soon realize that you are doing “grunt” work. Situs has a unique business model because they simply do all the “grunt” work. So unless you want to bump yourselves back 20 years in your career, I suggest you avoid Situs at all cost. Huge disappointment!

"Good for people who want to learn"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Situs (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of work, but you learn a lot
    This isn't a job for people who want to work 9-5 and work as little as possible. You will learn a lot about commercial real estate, as the amount of work almost requires you too.

Cons

Workload can get overwhelming

Advice to Management

People that want to work hard will have numerous opportunities available for them.