KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Sixt Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Dec 4, 2020

Found 16 of over 864 reviews

3.8
Sixt President SIXT USA Sebastian Birkel
Sebastian Birkel
Pros
  • "The positive work environment and culture of the Corporate Headquarters is like no other(in 21 reviews)

• "The biggest perks of working at this company are: 1, Work-life balance(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is not much of a work/life balance(in 24 reviews)

• "Sometimes long hours and managers put too much pressure at times(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Why Sixt

Aug 20, 2019 - Junior Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with Sixt for 5 years. I started entry level as a Customer Service Agent, then a Rental Sales Agent followed by Sr. Sales Agent and now, i'm in the corporate office. Sixt has opportunities for growth and development. They invest time to grow there employees and watch them stay Sixt. They provide an upbeat and fun environment to be a part of. Sixt encourages creative thinking and development. Hard work never goes unnoticed.

Cons

We are growing, with that growth long hours may follow with some added growing pains.

Social Media Specialist

Hi there! Thank you for leaving a review. Your impressive history at SIXT outlines the different paths to success you can take. Seeing that you continually grew every year and feel invested in as an employee is a huge priority at SIXT. We are also glad to hear you enjoy the fun environment as well. Since we just came to the U.S. in 2011, growing pains are something we face from time to time, but our continual expansion and improvements make SIXT a better place to work. We wish you continued success here at SIXT!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

WE HAVE THE SIXT APPEAL!

Aug 19, 2019 - Branch Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Room for growth, management support, innovative, bonus, travel, fun.

Cons

long hours, fleet control, last minute booking

Social Media Specialist

Hi there! Thank you for leaving a review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoy the opportunity to grow, have your managers support you, and enjoy the ability to travel! Working with customers, it can vary when last minute bookings are involved. We wish you continued success here at SIXT!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

From Management Trainee to Branch Manager

May 30, 2015 - Management Trainee Program in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Empowers employees to succeed by giving them responsibility early on -A startup culture with opportunity to grow personally along with the company -Every day is a new learning experience, whether it be dealing with customers or learning from coworkers, you will never be bored -Executives are a phone call or email away and truly care about your career progression -Company car and housing paid for during management trainee program

Cons

-Long hours with mediocre pay to start, but it gets better after you earn your place -Car rental is the toughest customer service job there is because customers have the highest expectations of service and product -With so much rapid expansion occurring within the company, there tends to be a lack of communication on a micro and macro level

11 people found this review helpful

HR Team

Thank you for providing your honest opinion of the company thus far and sharing your experiences both as a Management Trainee and Branch Manager. We are happy to know that you are satisfied with Sixt and the opportunities provided!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Dec 2, 2015 -  in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

How you do depends completely on how hard you work. You define your position in the company by showing your worth and Sixt really notices it's hard workers.

Cons

It is a startup in the US still and things are sink or swim. Long hours and a lot of stress sometimes, but it will pay off.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Sixt. We are excited to hear that you are enjoying your time as an employee in Seattle!

5. 3.0

Good First Job for 1-4 years top

Mar 20, 2017 - Manager, Trainee, MT in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some very amazing people that work for this company, with a lot of knowledge of the business. Most of the area and regional managers are the most helpful and honestly I had the best manager a person could ask for. There's lots of room for growth within the company. It's a very young team across the whole United States. While a trainee the company doesn't pay that well but they do pay for hotels, car, some gas, and travel- so it great for someone right out of school. When branch manager meetings do happen they often are a lot of fun. Luckily because of my regional and the managers I trained under, I was able to really learn a lot about being a manager while on the job. One year they had a training on how to give better interviews and that as beyond helpful.

Cons

Long hours, low pay, low praise. Trainees are pushed into running full on branches without being fully ready. It was clear from those who trained for over a year verses those who only were trainees for a few months. Half of the managers are more about partying than doing their job correctly and cause issues for those managers actually doing their job. Pay was a major issue from start to finish. They pretty much promise that bonuses will happen for you if you do your job, but more than once they changed the bonus structure right before they were suppose to pay out. While upset myself, I felt so bad for my regional manager who had to deal with the angry managers. Turn over in managers is pretty big over the last few years. Also HR is joke. The only HR people that were ever helpful have quit. Hours are horrible, and when your branch is failing prepare to get fired instead of help. For those who are well liked by VPs and upper management just expect to be moved to a smaller location or given an HQ job. HQ jobs are pretty awesome besides the pay- set hours and lower stress. Looks are very important to the company. They are looking for clean cut, skinny, pretty, and low paying employees. If you have dyed hair of a "crazy" color, lots of holes in your face, don't apply for any job. If you are overweight and a female only apply for HQ jobs. Otherwise you won't get it.

5 people found this review helpful

HR Team

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to review our trainee and managerial roles. We are pleased that you’ve enjoyed your managers and have grown with the company throughout your years here. We are always striving to provide beneficial branch manager meetings that are fun and educational, so we are happy to know that you enjoy them. We would like to address a few of your concerns. In regards to the long hours, our managers are essentially running their own business. As a branch manager if you are able to run efficiently and effectively than you can trust your branch to operate without putting in as many hours. The role is very entrepreneur in nature. As you mentioned above, our RVP’s are very hands-on with their managers and are there to provide guidance and praise. Especially during quarterly branch manager meetings our president points out success stories and managers that are exceeding expectations to grow their branches. We have many managers that performed extremely well and advanced quickly within 6-12 months of being a trainee. It is difficult for any new manager to be completely ready for a leadership role of their very own location. However, we are confident in their abilities and our training process. We have recently extended the trainee time period to be between 12 and 15 months, but we still strongly believe in flexibility if a specific trainee is exceeding expectations. Sixt is also a “work hard, play hard” environment. As long as you are performing we encourage a little fun! To address the bonus concern, we are a growing organization. In order to continue to profit we have to increase our goals each year. We do not want to stay stagnant. The goals become larger each year in order to make money for the organization. This is the reason for our bonus structure change. The time that we roll out a new structure each year unfortunately may coincide with a new quarter. This is not meant to negatively affect your bonus instead it is a necessity to advance forward annually. Looking at our company as a whole we have had great retention with our managers many of whom are Senior Managers, Area Managers, or Regional. Additionally, we are very confident in our current HR team. They are extremely strong and equipped to support and grow our company. We provide all of the tools necessary for a branch and the manager to be successful. If a manager has been given every opportunity to perform and fails, we don’t feel that it is beneficial continue. Top performing managers are typically moved to larger locations with high revenues simply because they are an asset to our operations team! It is every employee’s decision whether they enjoy the fast paced and hands on environment that operations provides or moving into a demanding supporting role at HQ. We have had many transitions across the company in different directions deepening on the employee’s preference and strengths. Finally, Sixt is a fun, sexy, and conservative environment! We love the diversity of our team in all facets of the business from operations to HQ. If you have any concerns regarding your pay rate, etc. we would like you to call Gaddy Fernandez, our VP of HR at 954-874-1793.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Location manager

May 26, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great growth opportunities, well rounded experience in all facets of entrepreneurship. Very challenging position, as there are an infinite number of tasks to keep track of. Easy access to upper management, very open to assist.

Cons

Long hours and sometimes insufficient compensation.

HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Sixt USA, we appreciate your feedback. At Sixt we value our employees and make every effort to recognize and assist. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with the growth opportunities, the challenging aspects of your position, as well our open door policy. In regards to the concerns that you addressed, all aspects of the managerial role are meant to be very entrepreneurial. Therefore, it is understandable that you are putting in more hours for the position. Of course, no amount of effort goes unnoticed. We understand that with the time managers spend to keep their branch in order they should also be compensated for this time. Managers receive a percentage of the revenue generated from their branch in addition to their base salary. If you have any concerns about the amount of hours and compensation provided, we encourage you to reach out to our VP of Human Resources, Gaddy Fernandez at 954-874-1793. All information shared will be completely confidential.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

Okay, but long hours and heels manadatory

Aug 4, 2017 - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training sessions are very organized and helpful, but doesn't cover a lot. Depending on beach you may be able to set your own weekly schedule.

Cons

Long hours in heels and unstable schedule. Your experience will vary extremely depending on the branch. Sometimes you will wash cars -

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with your review. We are happy to hear you believe our training sessions are organized and helpful. Our training department spends numerous hours in preparation for training to ensure our newly hired employees are in line with our company goals. As a trainee you initially come to basic training to learn about the rental sales agent position. This is your first role to master as a management trainee! We understand that it is hard to grasp everything in 4 days of training at our headquarters, so we have continuous training at the branch the weeks following. Additionally, all management trainees will come to headquarters after every 3 months for a 12-15 month period to test their knowledge on that rotation. This gives our training and management team insight into how you are progressing. We continuously coach if there are areas that need to be improved. You will also shadow during each branch rotation, so this should provide comfort-ability for all trainees to ask questions and effectively communicate. Unfortunately, the management trainee position is a demanding role that requires long hours and fluctuating schedules. Our recruiters make it very clear in the initial phone screen and interview that all candidates must be open to working 49.5 hours a week and must not have any scheduling restrictions. We have some branches located at airports that are open 24/7 and require employees to work evenings or weekends. Along with the demanding schedule, we focus on the satisfaction of our customers. We understand that it is not ideal, but if a customer needs a vehicle quickly, our managers may have to wash a car and get it turned around for the customer in an efficient manner. We value your experience as a member of our team and encourage you to reach out to our VP of HR about your experience. We can further address your concerns and see where we can help! Please contact Gaddy Fernandez at 954-874-1793.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Sales Agent

Feb 23, 2016 - Rental Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Uniforms, coworkers and pay.

Cons

Unstable work environment. Unorganized and Long hours. If there are no cars available, it gets ugly. Sometimes no lunch break.

HR Team

We are glad that you enjoyed the uniforms, compensation, and team atmosphere at Sixt in Atlanta. We have made many changes with our Atlanta location to ensure that we are providing an exceedingly comfortable work environment for our employees that offers structure and organization. We also provide an extensive four day basic training at our headquarters in Florida as well as on the job training when the new hire arrives to the location and continuously thereafter. With this training structure and our strong team, our employees can excel very quickly within the company.

9. 3.0

Rental sales agent

Jun 27, 2016 - Rental Sales Agent in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, lots of opportunities, traveling.

Cons

Working long hours, young management.

HR Team

We are happy to hear that you enjoy the benefits and opportunities provided! We wish you much success with your career at Sixt Miami and please feel free to always take advantage of our open-door policy if you have questions for our HR or management team.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very good but Very hard and stressful

Sep 5, 2020 - Rental Sales Agent in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cheap car rental, great commission

Cons

Stressful, long hours, work weekends

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews