KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sixt

Engaged Employer

Sixt

Add a Review

Sixt Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated May 26, 2020

3.8
Sixt President SIXT USA Sebastian Birkel
Sebastian Birkel
Pros
  • "The positive work environment and culture of the Corporate Headquarters is like no other(in 21 reviews)

• "The biggest perks of working at this company are: 1, Work-life balance(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is not much of a work/life balance(in 24 reviews)

• "Sometimes long hours and managers put too much pressure at times(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Recruiter Review

Jan 13, 2020 - Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The positive work environment and culture of the Corporate Headquarters is like no other! I really enjoy coming to work everyday. A lot of room for personal and professional development in a growing company.

Cons

Internal systems can be tricky to use sometimes, can use some work.

Social Media Specialist

Hi there! Thank you for leaving a review. We are so glad to hear you have been enjoying the culture at SIXT Headquarters in Fort Lauderdale. Growth is definitely something we encourage as our internal employees and their careers are extremely important to us. Sometimes internal systems take some time getting used to, but always reach out to your coworkers or IT for assistance! We wish you continued success here at SIXT!

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Oct 7, 2019 - Rental Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment for those who love to always be busy and love a good fun work place. You are also in charge of what you want to make so I love that there is no cap.

Cons

No signal in our location. It’s hard to communicate with team when they are outside with vehicles or customers.

Social Media Specialist

Hi there, thank you for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you enjoy the SIXT culture as well as our compensation structure which is base plus commission for sales roles. Since this post, we have brought on more it members to help with any tech discrepancies we may face. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you continued success here at SIXT.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to Work

Aug 22, 2019 - General Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Input is listen to valued and received Every day is different Great team environment Fun work environment Clean organized work environment Great Growth Potential

Cons

New to the United States Market

Social Media Specialist

Hi! Thank you for leaving a review. Your pros list really exemplifies SIXT in every way. We encourage the open-door policy as well as value team cooperation. The opportunity at SIXT is endless with various paths of growth. Being new to the United States (2011) gives us a start-up feel with the corporate backing from Germany (est. 1912). We wish you continued success here at SIXT!

4. 5.0

Great company

Jul 10, 2019 - RSA in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good employee benefits. Highly encouraging team. Great work environment.

Cons

Pressure on individual incremental revenue.

Social Media Specialist

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Since we recently revamped our benefits package, we are thrilled to hear that you enjoy it. We also love that you have such a motivating and supportive team. Check out our RSA training events with the training department to give you more advice on achieving higher sales goals! We wish you continued SIXT-cess!

5. 4.0

Reservation Specialist

Sep 20, 2018 - Reservation Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The bonus for this position are amazing. Impossible to not meet the bare minimum per day of 18%. This job offers fantastic insurance and a pleasant work environment.

Cons

My personal opinion... Hourly rate is too low for my liking. Of course i have lots in experience in this field already so i do expect more than $11 per hour. I am a bilingual agent that speaks English and french. However i do not get compensated for french as those who speak Spanish. So when applying for Sixt, Spanish is the only language you will get paid $1 more for knowing.

1 person found this review helpful

Social Media Specialist

Hi there, thank you for your review. It is great to hear you love the bonus for your position! We intend to compensate our employees for their hard work. We also recently revamped our benefits to include even more perks. It is also great to hear how you love the culture at SIXT. Thank you for your feedback. We wish you continued success here at SIXT.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

An energizing place to work

Jan 27, 2019 - Senior Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team mates and supervisors, cool work environment, challenging work, always learning something new, "work hard, play hard"

Cons

"work very hard, play hard"

Social Media Specialist

Hi there, thank you for your review. It is great to hear you enjoy working with your team and supervisors. We also love that you really like the SIXT culture. It is important to be challenged at work so you can grow and learn from these experiences. Work hard, play hard! We wish you continued success here at SIXT.

7. 5.0

Glad To Be Here

Nov 18, 2016 - Human Resources Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall my experience here at Sixt has been only positive. I have never work in a company where they value and encourage their employees to give feedback and ideas of ways we can make the company better. The environment is very relaxing, even though there is plenty of work that needs to be done. But the best part is that this company actually goes out of their way to take care of their employees. In my opinion those characteristics are what makes an ideal work environment and makes employees want to stay for the long run.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about working here. It was an adjustment compared to my last employer but I feel overall it's been the greatest change.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time as an HR Coordinator and appreciate the support you receive from management and the company at large. We wish you much success with your future at Sixt!

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

CSA

Oct 23, 2016 - CSA in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get your 40 hours. Discount on rentals. The scheduling is good. Some of the customers are repeat customers. That's all!!!

Cons

The work environment is horrible. You will speak to a manager about your personal life or a situation and the whole branch knows your business. The greeters are treated like slaves. They are there to do everyone else job. They had them a key n tell them to go get the car some of the cars aren't even in the right spot. They are out in the rain soak and wet and will be the only person with no help. From managers nothing because no one wants to get wet from the rain. The RSA's that been there for a couple of years take advantage of the branch they leave when ever they see a customer walk in. They pick and choose which customer they feel will make their #s higher. They will leave early for their shifts and managers won't say anything. I had one RSA that spoke Spanish but when a customer came up to her counter she acted like she didn't because he wasn't going to bring her #s up so he was sent to another RSA. They add stuff to people's contract to meet their #s. Never have I worked for a company where your business is all over the branch.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Team

We appreciate your feedback. During your time with Sixt, we are glad that you enjoyed the full time opportunity and took advantage of our great employee/ family and friends discounts that we offer. In regards to the Greeter role, the job duties for this position are very broad. As listed in the job description, the Greeter’s responsibilities are to “handle different situations on a daily basis” and “direct customers in the right direction based on their needs.” As discussed during the interview process, Greeters will be in and out of the branch all day. They are expected to bring cars around to the customers, show them the features of the vehicle, answer any customer questions, and make customers feel comfortable when entering the branch. Therefore, we expect our employees to do everything they can for the customer. Unfortunately, this may mean getting out in the rain, which we realize is not ideal, but is necessary for our guests. We are concerned to hear this additional information regarding our branch. We will do our best to further investigate your concerns. You can be assured that if this fraudulent activity where to take place, our management team will address the employee, if not done already. This is unacceptable and is grounds for immediate termination. Once again, thank you for reviewing Sixt and we wish you the best in your future endeavors!

9. 5.0

Review

Feb 16, 2017 - Rental Sales Agent in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a company that loves to take care of its employees, and truly paves a way for them to have a great career within the rental car industry. Not only has it been a seamless transition from training to actually being on the job, but it is a very positive work environment, one which i come looking forward to working in every day.

Cons

As of right now I have zero complaints or cons that i feel need to be listed, SIXT does an excellent job of keeping its employees satisfied.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Team

We appreciate your advice and feedback! We will definitely take this into consideration and work to improve our efficiency. Sixt is happy to hear that you are enjoying your time as an RSA in Miami and have the support of your team. Wishing you much success with your career in South Florida!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews