KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sixt

Engaged Employer

Sixt

Add a Review

Sixt Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 12, 2021

Found 26 of over 864 reviews

3.8
Sixt President SIXT USA Sebastian Birkel
Sebastian Birkel
Pros
  • "The positive work environment and culture of the Corporate Headquarters is like no other(in 21 reviews)

• "The biggest perks of working at this company are: 1, Work-life balance(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is not much of a work/life balance(in 24 reviews)

• "Sometimes long hours and managers put too much pressure at times(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Amazing Opportunity and Culture

Nov 5, 2019 - Branch Manager in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are willing to learn a lot, get to know the car and rental industry as well as have great opportunities and enjoy the company culture - this is the right place to work. Company is very customer service focused and your own personal mindset should be exactly like that. You will succeed and grow your career if you perform and understand high quality customer service and exceed the operation standards!

Cons

No cons so far! Pretty happy with work life balance.

Social Media Specialist

Hi there! Thank you for leaving a review. We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying working at Sixt and really getting to know the car rental industry. We train our employees to exceed at customer service skills. We also encourage growth for your career within Sixt. We wish you continued success here at Sixt!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It was my family

Oct 28, 2020 - Management Trainee in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Always a fun time,Pay,Outings, employees

Cons

Work life balance,Job security,commission, bosses

3. 3.0

It a job

Sep 11, 2020 - IT Support Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a job and you get paid.

Cons

Work life balance, out of date methodologies

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Deceptive, unorganized, glass ceilings, and micromanagement

Feb 16, 2020 - Rental Sales Agent in South San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They pay is decent.

Cons

You’re encouraged to have people pay for things they don’t need. You’re Commission is penalized for reason beyond your control. Customers are often upset and un happy. You are yelled at for things that are completely out of your control. Management has a tendency to be unorganized and it’s hard to get a clear understanding of what’s going on. There is not much of a work/life balance. Hours are weird as some branches are open 24/7. It’s not uncommon for staff to work 6-8 day in a row.

Social Media Specialist

Hi there, thank you for leaving a review. It is unfortunate you had this perception of SIXT while working here. We would have advised you to speak with your HR Business partner. We also have monthly 4th Friday events for Headquarters as well as branches to partake in in order to build up teams and enjoy each other's company.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work life balance is a yes

Jan 10, 2020 - Store Manager in Hartford, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance . Bonus pay

Cons

6 days a week wear on you

Social Media Specialist

Hi there, looks like you're from our franchise location. Thank you for the feedback!

6. 5.0

Entrepreneurial and Great Place to Work

Oct 11, 2019 - Payroll Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sixt allows employees to explore and create new processes which provides better results and professional growth development. Sixt has a friendly work enviorment and a great work life balance.

Cons

Sixt is growing at a rapid pace which can present a challenge to bring all projects to completion by the desired deadlines.

Social Media Specialist

Hi there, thank you for your review! Here at SIXT we are always encouraging our employees to enhance themselves by learning new processes and give them the ability to properly overcome challenges. Because of this, we are able to have countless internal promotions as employees move up in the company. We are glad you enjoy your coworkers and the SIXT culture. Yes, SIXT is growing rapidly, especially in the US; thus, challenges are presented to our employees. However, we believe these challenges allow you to grow. We wish you continued success here at SIXT!

7. 5.0

Recruiter

Dec 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love love love working for this company! A lot of growth opportunity, amazing culture: we work really hard but we have fun while we're doing it. People Management is really invested in creating the best possible environment for employees in terms of culture, events, benefits, and work-life balance. This is truly the only company I've every been a part of where I look forward to coming into work every day.

Cons

Can be stressful if you're not used to doing things outside your job description.

Social Media Specialist

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We love to hear how excited you are to come to work everyday! Sixt really tries to focus on creating a great environment to work in terms of culture, events and work-life balance as well as a place to grow in your career. We also recently redid our benefits, so we are happy to hear you are enjoying them. We appreciate your feedback and wish you continued success here at Sixt!

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

"Great Pay, Horrible Place to Work"

Oct 10, 2017 - Rental Sales Agent in College Park, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Pay -Training (travel to Florida) -Get to test drive vehicles -Culture can be relaxed -Opportunity to meet people from all walks of life -Incentives to do well

Cons

-Unsupportive Management -Racist Management -Unorganized -No leadership -Always understaffed -A new batch of workers every 3 months -Company strives for "excellent customer service" but company has no moral compass -Too much drama -No work life balance -Superiors blame staff for everything and takes no accountability for their actions -Company has no foundation -Busy days are bearable but management is slow to assist -Poor Communication

5 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Sixt is happy to hear you love our culture and our work hard, play hard environment! We have some cool perks like driving our fleet, flying to LAX or Florida for training, and we offer great incentives. We understand working at an airport location can make your work hours tough. Management gives out monthly schedules in advance so employees can manage their work/life time. Our recruiters stress the need for scheduling flexibility during the hiring process so candidates are aware this is not a typical 9-5 position. Fortunately, the money motivated candidates love our airport locations despite the varying time schedule because it gives our employees the opportunity to make the most of commission. I am sorry that you were unhappy during your time with Sixt. Please feel free to reach out to the HR department at 954-874-1793 for any complaints. Thank you for taking the time to review your position.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting and Innovative Career!

Sep 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great company culture, they really care for your personal success - People from all departments are willing to help - Exciting projects - Great work/life balance - Ability to offer new ideas - Managers are extremely helpful and interested - Love my coworkers!

Cons

- Traffic can be difficult, definitely have to plan to leave early - Benefits can be pricey, especially for new employees

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are thrilled to know you enjoy working at Sixt! Since we believe in working and playing hard, we try to have a fun culture with exciting company events among many other things. Working in Fort Lauderdale, traffic is definitely something to be aware of. As far as benefits, we are looking to improve on our benefit package. We wish you continued success here at Sixt!

10. 5.0

Recruiting Coordinator

Aug 30, 2017 - Recruiting Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and exciting work environment Open door policy Decent starting pay Work/ Life Balance Corporate Events are fun and frequent- cater food and drinks Get to travel for the job Caring management Growth opportunities Got a company phone Great opportunity for recent college grad

Cons

High traffic area- commute can be long Benefits are okay, PTO is good, but benefits package can be pricey for first year employees

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We are pleased to hear you enjoy working for Sixt. We are constantly looking for ways to better our benefits package. We fix our rates due to tenure; therefore, the longer an employee stays with Sixt, the more affordable the benefits! Welcome to the team and we wish you the best success!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews