Sizewise Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lee Frickey

1. "Good Company, Poor Relations"

I have been working at Sizewise full-time

Pros

The company has striven to make hospital equipment that is more inclusive to the different sizes of people in the world, and their commitment is inspiring.

Cons

You can tell that it probably started out as a small business that expanded, no one is ever on the same page between departments, the office environment is very cliquey, and it doesn't seem like the big wigs care much for the small fries.

2. "Operations"

I worked at Sizewise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

Can have to work some odd hours

Advice to Management

None

3. "Regional Ops Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I worked at Sizewise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great ownership along with culture

Cons

Regional Ops manager report to Regional Sales Manager. Skewed view.

5. "Manager"

Pros

Was a good company overall. You always got paid in time and good corporate backing. It was a solid place to work

Cons

You are on call 24/7 as a manager. No off days even on holidays.. no bonus program for managers

Advice to Management

Please set up some sort of bonus program as well as not getting calls at all time of nights for pickupa

"Operation Manager"

I worked at Sizewise full-time

Pros

This company doesn't offer many pros. I suppose if you work there the pro is you have a job vs being unemployed.

Cons

Very little/no training. As Operations Manager you will be expected to do all tasks they list on the job performance list, but what they do not tell you on there is that you will be on call as much if not more than Med Techs. As salary you will be called out nights and weekends and get $0.00 for it. This isn't every once in a while. This is a weekly event, you will be on call a minimum of 2 days a week and 1 weekend a month and again get $0.00 for it. They have an incredibly high turnover rate due to poor management. I worked there for approximately 1 year and when I left there was no one there that was there when I started, including the regional manager.

Advice to Management

Train employees, keep your word, pay managers for on call, no one likes to work for free and will only do it for so long.

7. "Med-Tech experience"

Former Employee - Medical Technician in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Medical Technician in Denver, CO

I worked at Sizewise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic Teamwork environment (Denver!)
    Medical Technician (Former Employee), Colorado – November 21, 2016
    Pros: Team/individual work environment, opportunity in all area'sCons: Overtime. Small raises.
    Hello,
    I would like to note today was my last day of my two weeks notice.
    I've received a better opportunity to improve my current financial lifestyle but have absolutely no regrets working with these people or this company. I am a former med-tech employee for Sizewise Rentals. I've noticed some of the other reviews for other sites in the United States.

I can justify that the Denver office has the right motivation, and best team-work oriented environment in the business. Although, other sites may struggle. Management at the Denver office that I worked for a year an a half for is excellent and on point. Job security and overtime is a honest way to make money. If you can handle that, you can count on an income!

I learned to communicate with people that are having real-life issues, and learned about the process of where therapy begins as-well as rehabilitation. The experience working in the Denver office is one that I personally will never forget. There is respect, honesty, and determination.

My co-workers are excellent at what they do, they care, and watch your back when you need it most. Its a tight team environment, that if you embrace it becomes a part of who you are in everyday life.

A typical day at work, is the ability to adapt to whatever request's come in for Deliveries or pickup of rental or purchased medical equipment. Sometimes these calls take two people, and your on call, but otherwise your tackling work by yourself. Giving you the best of both worlds, alone time, and team-work.

Accepting the policy, Sizewise throughout the U.S. has had some issues with traffic violations and other situations with the vehicles driven. The company is cracking down on accidents, so if you are a good/safe driver, there is almost no way for you to be terminated. Of course if you are not a controlled individual and make to many mistakes you could be terminated (too many accidents even if its not your fault in particular).

Overall, an excellent experience, I recommend this job to anyone willing to put there heart into it to help people. This job gives you that opportunity

The current team at Denver, are role-models to this company.
    Thank you!
    How did you feel about telling people you worked at Sizewise Rentals?
    I felt my job was important, I was always confident in telling others what I do. People respected me for it also. Also people thought I was a machine because I was not scared of overtime.
    How do you feel about going to work each day?
    Positive attitude, ambitious to help people every day. If you have that attitude, you will be just fine!

Cons

The hardest part of the job is working in the freezing cold/blazing hot, constant weather changes. My least favorite, traffic. The compensation is a bit on the lower side these days, and the primary way to make good money is to embrace the benefit of overtime. Working long hours can burn you out, only take advantage if this is something you can handle. Also, if your site does not hold good communication skills between yourself and your co-workers, things will go south quickly, and you will not enjoy this profession.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and give your current med-tech a raise, he's been there 4 years!!!!

8. "Works if you work it"

Current Employee - Medical Technician in East Rutherford, NJ
    Current Employee - Medical Technician in East Rutherford, NJ

I have been working at Sizewise full-time

Pros

good pay and you can move up quickly.

Cons

crazy hours. leadership is a little shaky

9. "District Sales Representative"

Pros

Big territory, no one telling you how to run your territory, a lot of opportunity, be willing to work for it

Cons

Corporate does not understand how to manage markets, base pay is weak, commission is based on getting customers to pay within 6 months or you lose that $$$, rentals are not competitive price wise.

Advice to Management

no 2 markets are the same, each market has its own value, there is more competition in bigger regions, must be price competitive to stay in the game

10. "driver"

I worked at Sizewise full-time

Pros

long hard demanding work all hours of the night

Cons

no team players lots of hanging out going on poor manager

11. "Sizwise Sales"

I worked at Sizewise full-time

Pros

It was a pleasure to work for Sizewise. They promote from within and if you are a hard worker you do very well.

Cons

Lots of changes at the Corporate level. Seems as if they are loosing site of what help them become successful.

Advice to Management

Don't forget where you came from