Sizmek "work from home" Reviews | Glassdoor

Sizmek Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated May 11, 2019

2.8
Sizmek CEO Mark Grether
Mark Grether
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management was not transparent in the slightest(in 14 reviews)

• "Sizmek / Rocket Fuel Integration has not gone smoothly(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Solid place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Sizmek full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Very competitive pay -Great in-office perks - fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks -Solid benefits offering -Unlimited PTO -Easy to work from home/flexibility -Really smart (and not to mention fun!) employees

Cons

-Still sorting through a few growing pains from the Rocket Fuel and Sizmek merge that happened in late 2017, but seems we are beyond the worst!

Advice to Management

-Continue to overly communicate and be transparent - over the last year I’ve definitely seen a big improvement for this, and hoping it continues into this year as well -Ensure you reward your high potential employees to retain them

Sizmek2019-01-28

"Good company, bad managers"

Former Employee - Client Success Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Sizmek full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice offices, team and ability to work from home

Cons

Bad managers that don't know how to be team leaders

Advice to Management

Change team leads

Sizmek2019-04-12

"Poor to negligent Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Sizmek full-time

Pros

good working hours / work from home

Cons

could not list them all, horrible management. No Idea of what the employees do or how to manage them, its the wild west. I saw constant mismanagement of money and departments. No communication from HR to even lying about the company status to keep us on until they decided to file for bankruptcy.

Advice to Management

Hand the company over to a professional management team and stop gambling with peoples careers and lives.

Sizmek2019-05-11

"A bit confused."

I worked at Sizmek

Pros

High pay, great Benefits, free lunch, work from home capabilities.

Cons

They put people on performance reviews 90 days in if they’re not satisfied with the employee on any level. Tons of turnover. In 4 months I saw 3 people who sat around me get let go and all 3 had less than a year of employment. A bit of a boys club meaning women are not deemed as being as valuable as the men and opportunities were not offered to the women like the men. Example - there was a company cocktail... outing that we invited clients to and if you didn’t have a client going you had to stay behind. A few of us didn’t have clients attending yet they let the two men attend anyway who didn’t have clients going and told me and my other female co worker to stay

Sizmek2019-01-19

"Negative Experience"

I worked at Sizmek full-time

Pros

Free lunch, Flexible Work From Home, Good work/life balance

Cons

Some people are treated better than others. Managers assign people to train you but that person doesn’t care and doesn’t want to help you learn. The environment is very negative with toxic vibes floating around. They have unlimited PTO but it’s so hard to get people to cover for you that you just end up working from home. Upper management does not care about the employees AT ALL, they implement all these processes... without consulting with the employees first and then ask for feedback after the fact. There are a few great people that I worked with but overall the experience was not positive.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent, make your employees actually want to come to work so that they actually care, make them feel included and appreciated. It needs to feel genuine and not forced.

Sizmek2018-05-15

"Clash of egos"

I have been working at Sizmek full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- The two businesses are still running and we haven't seen any major loss of customers (even if our employees are leaving) - Benefits are great - There is a high tolerance for work from home - The middle management group is aware that the first set of decisions aren't necessarily the right ones and are working towards fixing the initial integration decisions

Cons

- Both legacy Rocket Fuel and Sizmek have extremely different views of the MarTech space - which come in conflict with each other often - The teams that build and manage the product are almost all new to the different products (on both sides) - There is no clear communication on the future vision for the company - The different regions, globally, all seem to be on different pages about where the company is going... and what we are doing - The push to sunset old brands was fast and maybe not completely thought out causing confusion and missed expectations internally and externally - Internal training is all over the place across all regions and not the same per region

Advice to Management

Tell us what this company wants to be in 2 years or 5 years. Create a new mission and vision statement to align the company, globally. Accept that things did not go well initially, and start to work towards correcting a lot of the frustration that has been voiced. Most of all, give your current employees a chance to be recognized and move into positions they want to be in. A lot of people were "just put somewhere"... and that may not align with their career goals.

Sizmek2018-02-22

"Overworked and Underpaid"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager

I worked at Sizmek full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some coworkers were great. Really flexible when it comes to working from home.

Cons

No work-life balance. Unlimited PTO but there is no one available to cover your accounts because everyone is overworked so taking a day off is impossible. Layoffs are random and often.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to handle the workload.

Sizmek2018-03-21

"Desperate Times Here..."

I have been working at Sizmek full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some bright and talented people - although with lay off's, attrition, poor morale, the number is becoming fewer by the day. Flexibility to work from home - however, there is really no work life balance. There is the expectation that one is always working. Decent pay - really dependent upon person's department.

Cons

Senior leadership : No interest in being transparent with anyone below the VP people. They often make decisions, which have been and continue to be damaging without engaging with anyone outside of their group. There is really little to no respect - lack of professionalism: This attitude starts at the top, and has been trickling down. It's not a problem to exhibit rude behavior to colleagues. (Could also just be... an indication of overall morale). Employees are overworked and tired and burnt out: Expectations are unrealistic - from working during vacations, on the weekends, late at night, early in the morning, etc. With the most recent acquisition, many people were placed in roles arbitrarily . Times are scary - there have been ongoing lay off's and attrition is at an all time high.

Advice to Management

start to care about employees. rather than trying to make decisions in a bubble, consult others who have first hand knowledge. stop operating in a haphazard manner.

Sizmek2018-02-12

"Problematic Company"

I have been working at Sizmek full-time

Pros

Flexibility to work from home, unlimited PTO (though it's not always easy to take it), new CEO is much more engaged than the old one, future seems promising albeit vague on how the company will get there (reliant on a lot of factors that may not work out)

Cons

Same old issues you find at other companies, but to a greater extent: very little top-down communication or engagement from upper level managers, very little acknowledgement that there are issues that lie with management and the company that have been causing people to leave even prior to the RF acquisition (many people burnt out and feel they have no say in company priorities and decisions), lack of ownership taken... by management for said issues, little acknowledgment or reward of employee efforts while those who do not work very hard may skate by, culture varies office to office and is up to the employees to create for themselves, very tight budgets, and I do not believe management realizes just how unhappy a lot of people are with their new positions and how difficult it is to train for a new role while still functioning in your old one .. in Q4

Advice to Management

Actually engage with ALL employees that fall within your team instead of relying on middle managers, reward those who work hard, hire more diverse people in upper level management (women, people of color), retain employees by making sure that they are happy

Sizmek2017-12-28

"Sizmek - Austin"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Austin, TX

I worked at Sizmek

Pros

Flexible hours 4X10 weeks Work from home Snacks Location

Cons

Lack of professionalism Unwelcoming No feedback Average to below average training

Advice to Management

Communication of expectations and feedback for employee development is highly important. It saddens me that there is a lack of professionalism, as such.

Sizmek2017-12-20