Skanna Systems Investigations Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Security guard"

I have been working at Skanna Systems Investigations full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hires anyone, paid training.

Cons

no raise, high turnover, does not value their staff members, poor culture & value, too many expectations from staff.

Advice to Management

Major communication flaws between management and front line staff.

2. "Hours are hard to keep regular as schedules changed frequently."

Current Employee - Security Guard in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Skanna Systems Investigations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work isnt to physically demanding, good work environment, and also shifts can be covered by other guards if need be.

Cons

Unsteady working hours, schedules dont stay the same for longer then a few days, underpaid guards for workload, nearly never enough supplies required to do the job properly. (Even little things like pens)

Advice to Management

Take in what guards are saying and how there can be improvements to make operations run more smoothly.

3. "Great company"

Pros

work environment.
    flexible schedules
    time off

Cons

none that i can think of

4. "This was a fine place to work."

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

Pros

Large company, lots of divisions and chances to try other areas.

Cons

Large company, little room for comments.

Advice to Management

Be nice, treat everyone fairly, give back to your employees, give to your community, promote from within, make health and safety a top priority.

5. "Employees are expendable and they know it"

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Team Member in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Team Member in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros

The employees for the most part get along well. If you want law enforcement experience to further your career elsewhere like me, it's a place to start.

Cons

Employees have to pester for a raise, and then get less than they were promised if any. I never got a raise even after my probationary period. Despite several rediculous incidents jeopardizing the very lives of their employees, management did nothing. We were frequently short hours on our pay, sometimes a whole week. They allow the client to verbal abuse their employees because if you quit-like me-they can replace you from a never ending pool of lesser candidates who will do the same job for 25-50 cents less per hour. A box jockey temp on their first day can get paid more per hour than Skanna's most senior middle managers on-site.

Advice to Management

Lip service is cheaper than giving out raises to deserving subordinates, however the risk of losing a lucrative contract because of departing experienced staff is not wise. Minimum wage went up during my year plus tenure and we all noticed. I doubt morale could be any lower.
    Why not make a phone call or send an e-mail once in a while and pretend to take an interest in your employee's work? I would've stayed if I heard the words: "Good job" a bit more frequently than never.