90% would recommend to a friend
(460 total reviews)
98% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low salary for my role title." (in 16 reviews)
- "long hours and difficulty to speak to some management" (in 14 reviews)
- "Over worked, not enough middle management so a lot of the work ends up divided between supervisors." (in 11 reviews)
- "IT Leadership is lacking in experience and strategic management and this is affecting the ability for the team to stay relevant and deliver results." (in 5 reviews)
- "My manager gave me stellar reviews at the end and recommended me as a full time graduate at the company but the company changed their policy and were not willing to sponsor visas for international students." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Skanska and is not affected by filters.
Found 460 of over 557 reviews
Updated Nov 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 8, 2023Project EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBlue Bell, PA
I worked here for a few years. It was a great starter job.
There wasn't a lot of room for growth as we didn't have a lot of projects locally. Hopefully that has changed over the years.
- 2.0Jun 13, 2022Assistant Project AccountantFormer Employee
Interesting projects to work on-there were 2 good directors and one or 2 good accountants to work with who were laid back-some Project Managers were good; however, they do not work there anymore. Was able to work on a joint venture project with another construction company-the people at the other company were great. I felt like I worked more with the other company than I worked for Skankska.
Incredibly greedy people except for a few people, micromanaging at it's worst, needed to know where you were at all times, like you were a child. Respond to each email ASAP, within an hour. Executives for the most part only care about their bonuses. I had COVID, boss in Portland couldn't have cared less-My last boss in Tampa completely forgot about me most of the time (she was very needy, and busy talking to everyone else about her hybrid car and obsession with crossfit than she was actually managing), except when it was convenient for her to make up something I did wrong in her eyes, in front of other people too-very demoralizing. Managers just care for the most part about power and control. Drama queens who think they're fabulous (because they're told they are) but in reality have never worked a day in their life, just delegate it all. It's all a bunch of fake behavior and then you get reprimanded for speaking your mind (like losing your job). Fake people get rewarded and promoted for acting like sheep. Managers take all the credit and never give credit where it's due. Very toxic environment with very high turnover. Some people were way too political and always brought it into work.2
- 3.0May 30, 2023Senior Project EngineerCurrent EmployeeSeattle, WA
Large Projects Some Decent People Build Your Own Future
Lack of Management That Cares Can Get Lost In The Crowd
- 4.0Apr 8, 2023Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsPhoenix, AZ
Stability, fair pay, good processes, smart people, cool projects, flexible culture for work life balance.
Not a diverse market sector in Phoenix. They only build data centers and small projects for Intel.
- 5.0Jan 20, 2023Assistant SuperintendentCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSan Francisco, CA
Great people, like minded with common virtues and willingness to plan, do, check & act. The company lives its values.
Values of committing to customers doesn't at times continue with keeping quality employees.
Skanska Reviews FAQs
Skanska has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 557 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Skanska to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
90% of Skanska employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Skanska 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.