KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Skanska President and CEO Anders Danielsson
Anders Danielsson

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Skanska and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Jun 14, 2022 - Graphic Designer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

great environment great relationship superb top-to-bottom structure

Cons

long commute too corporate traditional and sometimes slower in implementation of new trends

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Jun 6, 2022 - Project Engineer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting work, decent benefits, and a clear path to promotion.

Cons

50+ hours (expected in the industry)

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

High standards, low mobility unless you’re an engineer

Jun 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Skanska prides itself on its high safety standards. It has a long list of impressive projects and it’s a well known company. The pay is also pretty good.

Cons

Don’t expect to move up much unless you’re an engineer or you know alot of people. I came in with years of experience and a Master’s degree and was unfortunately laid off during Covid, despite working very hard in my role. My manager was largely unavailable and it seemed no one held her accountable for her transgressions at work. I really hope things have changed. Health insurance is expensive so I recommend negotiating a higher offer to offset the cost. They also don’t give much time off, but you can negotiate more.

4. 2.0

RUN

Jun 13, 2022 - Assistant Project Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting projects to work on-there were 2 good directors and one or 2 good accountants to work with who were laid back-some Project Managers were good; however, they do not work there anymore. Was able to work on a joint venture project with another construction company-the people at the other company were great. I felt like I worked more with the other company than I worked for Skankska.

Cons

Incredibly greedy people except for a few people, micromanaging at it's worst, needed to know where you were at all times, like you were a child. Respond to each email ASAP, within an hour. Executives for the most part only care about their bonuses. I had COVID, boss in Portland couldn't have cared less-My last boss in Tampa completely forgot about me most of the time (she was very needy, and busy talking to everyone else about her hybrid car and obsession with crossfit than she was actually managing), except when it was convenient for her to make up something I did wrong in her eyes, in front of other people too-very demoralizing. Managers just care for the most part about power and control. Drama queens who think they're fabulous (because they're told they are) but in reality have never worked a day in their life, just delegate it all. It's all a bunch of fake behavior and then you get reprimanded for speaking your mind (like losing your job). Fake people get rewarded and promoted for acting like sheep. Managers take all the credit and never give credit where it's due. Very toxic environment with very high turnover. Some people were way too political and always brought it into work.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Awesome place to work!

May 28, 2022 - General Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is an awesome place to work! Great compensation and great people.

Cons

I don’t have any cons.

6. 5.0

Great Employer

May 24, 2022 - Assistant Superintendent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, great culture. Plenty of work

Cons

Promotions can be difficult to come by.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company

Apr 22, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great job opportunities within the area

Cons

Sometimes long working hours Work/life balance

8. 5.0

Skanska Field Engineer I

Mar 17, 2022 - Field Engineer I in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to grow

Cons

A lot of employees makes it hard to stand out

9. 1.0

Skanska PX

Apr 21, 2022 - Project Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are good in NY

Cons

La business is having tough time

10. 5.0

Good company

Feb 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

good leadership pro fa vor

Cons

none to date por favor

Viewing 1 - 10 of 389 Reviews

Skanska Reviews FAQs

Skanska has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 471 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Skanska to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Skanska employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Skanska. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

83% of Skanska employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Skanska 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Skanska to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with Skanska Job Seekers