Skechers U.S.A. Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Skechers U.S.A. Chairman and CEO Robert Greenberg
Robert Greenberg

Pros
Cons
  • Hard to get in contact with upper management (in 36 reviews)

• Low pay compared to other companies (in 21 reviews)

1. "Skechers is a growing company! They have stores opening all over the country so lots of growth potential."

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Gretna, LA
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Gretna, LA

Pros

District manager wants store managers and assistant managers to grow within the company. Great employee discount.

Cons

Location! It's hard to keep a full staff since we are located about 20-30 mins away from town. Benefits are not amazing and as a store manager you get the worst hours.

Advice to Management

Great people will stay loyal when you give them the right tools for success. More competitive pay and benefit packages would keep people more satisfied.

2. "good"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. (Less than a year)

Pros

fair work for the wage

Cons

.annoying customers but nothing else

3. "Sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The workplace was alright, mainly working with younger toddlers and older folks looking for comfy shoes. The management was great, making sure that we all had a good understanding of each shoes we had in the shop

Cons

I didn't like having to bring out three boxes of shoes out to a customer every time they requested a shoe. It was our job to bring out two ADDITIONAL shoes that were similar to the one they asked for, or maybe one or two that we may just think they'd like to check out. It was good for marketing and sales, but was also quite a hassle.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great work. Continue seasonal meetings and keep hiring great people who love shoes.

"This is a good starting job."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Maywood, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Maywood, NJ

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros are that you gain customer service experience. Also you usually have extremely understanding managers who are there to help you as much as they can. They worked with me and my college schedule.

Cons

There really isn't a lot of opportunity for advancement. When we needed new managers they looked outside of the store instead of looking at the people who had been there for 2+ years. Also it can sometimes be a little much depending on where you work. I sometimes would be asked to work 13 hours. I have taken 12 hour shifts because pay wasn't to great. They go with the absolute minimum which sometimes isn't enough to pay for things.

Advice to Management

I would honestly try to promote from within. Many of the people who work there are management material if you work with them. I also would offer raise incentives because working at minimum wage for so long is frustrating especially when you're paying for collegez

6. "Assistant manager"

Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in Roseville, CA

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and environment to work in. Flexible schedule that allowed me to go to school. We were very close and all got along very well.

Cons

The worst part of the job was the gumball machine! All the obnoxious teenagers who come in the store just for gum balls and have no respect for paying customers.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within and treating your employees well. Don't change commission structures. Overall a good company to work for.

"We'll run company. Great people."

Former Employee - Designer in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Designer in Manhattan Beach, CA

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked here for two years as a designer. Loved my boss, and company seemed to care for its employees. Salaries are ok, nothing great. Sense of a community but really competitive between departments. Every department internally is in competition with each other for best sellers.

Experience will vary depending on which department you are in. Some departments are basically industry copy cats, others are innovators. You can guess which by reading lawsuit news.

Location cannot be beat.

Made some good friends here, had a lot of fun being around the culture. Corporate intrigue is to the minimum, which makes for a very pleasant work environment. Managers shield their employees from stress, but are themselves often overworked. Hours for design employees are flexible and reasonable.

If you deliver a well selling design, you will get fair amount of respect and leeway, regardless of experience.

Cafeteria staff could open their own restaurant if they wanted to - it's really good.

Cons

Few minor gripes. Management is composed of shoe designer veterans who are not always open to new workflow ideas. A lot of work here is going to feel really repetitive and non creative if you're coming from a different industry.

Travel is not business class.

Design is often not prioritized over meeting deadlines. This results in half baked goods.

Advice to Management

Keep kicking it, but allow room for experimentation and longer design process. Hire more designers to even out workload.

"Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growing company that takes customer service to the max! Every interaction is a promise to present a exceptional and memorable experience for the entire family.

Cons

Skechers can be a damading business, they are a fast growing buisness and so it requires a high level of life dedication to contribute to the overall developement of the buisness.

9. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. (More than a year)

Pros

Great management. Positive work environment. Commission in the mall stores. Free pair of shoes per year. Great employee discounts.

Cons

Store music stinks. Shoes are ugly.

10. "Job"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Gardena, CA

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Managers and co-workers to work along with

Cons

Not enough hours to work

Advice to Management

Great job doing all that you do

11. "Worked during a holiday season"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Goo hours, good coworkers. Overall pretty good for a retail oriented job. Management was always there to help when needed, and I felt that I was treated well working there.

Cons

It's still a job working retail. You end up working odd hours and dealing with demanding customers. Also working the holiday season can be rough.