Skechers U.S.A. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 11, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Extremely fast paced workplace.. Be prepared"

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. part-time

Pros

Great learning experience, was pushed to meet sales and maintain customer service

Cons

We were so understaffed. Everyday would be so incredibly stressful as we were an outlet store. Hordes of tourists would come in and completely swamp the store. If we had more employees, then it wouldn't be so bad. However, I always dreaded going into work because of how stressed I knew I was gonna be. I burnt out very quick. Within 4 months, I was already over the place.

Advice to Management

Better time management. Always seemed to be kept past my shift because we had to get our "numbers" done. Completely unnecessary. Both wasted time to the managers and the workers.

2. "Asm"

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great discounts with the company.

Cons

Too much politics for advancement.

3. "Management could use some change."

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. part-time

Pros

Other store managers were willing to help when needed (and they were needed a lot considering we were understaffed for months).

Cons

DM was no help.
    Underpaid.
    Worked FT hours, regularly but PT on paper :/

4. "Product Specialist"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good team and great culture.

Cons

Needs some improvement in how co-workers are treating new workers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Store manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Schedule flexibility, immediate staff was amazing. Great employee discount and even friends and family. Easy systems to learn Kronos, apropos.

Cons

Expected labor vs hours(wages) nearly impossible, DM had to always give final approval to hire pt associates made me feel incompetent.

Advice to Management

If you have a manager allow them to do the job they were hired to do. Consider the actual labor and task expectations before assuming it's possible to complete with bare minimum hours.

"Great Place to Grow"

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun working environment where it seems as though the company really does care about your growth and development. Pay is decent for the workload. Employee discount is amazing. Free pair of shoes for getting hired on. Flexible scheduling.

Cons

Warehouse employees are asked to wear uniforms or purchase the brands apparel instead of being able to wear trendy clothes just as the other stores do. There isn't enough communication between corprate management and stores.

Advice to Management

It seems like there are too many stores for corporate managers and in turn some stores do not get much attention/ feedback. It would be really nice if warehouse stores could be able to wear street clothes to better show that shoes can be worn with so many different and trendy outfits.

"Run away"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. full-time

Pros

Discount, health insurance, 401k, flexible schedules, vacation and personal time(if you could find time to use it). Most employees are hard workers.

Cons

Where to start? Unrealistic goals/metrics. Product flow is inconsistent at best, no product when you need it and way to much when you don't. Outside hires are overpaid and under qualified, no compensation for longevity. Very few internal promotions and only if you've really kissed the right bum! Just because you post good numbers doesn't mean you'll ever be promoted or even considered. Dm positions rarely filled from within and when they do they get fired pretty quick! Burn out happens to most within a year or two, part timers 6 months, assistants rarely make it a year, regionals and dms have very high turnover. Family is hired into stores constantly and then moved into corporate positions they do not deserve. Systems are of course outdated and even the IT Dept is frustrated by them. Expect the moon to be promised to you then replaced by the burn of the sun when you realize every promise made was a lie. This is not even a good stepping stone for future opportunities, other employers will pass over you just because they know Skechers is a joke. One more thing you can't even decide what to pay your employees it is now decided by corporate, and raises everyone gets the same no matter how good or bad they are.

Advice to Management

Enough is enough! Hold everyone accountable to the same standards. One store doing everything wrong is overlooked and one doing everything right is busted for a sliver of paper fallen to the floor. Stop rewarding garbage managers with new stores and other people's trained staffs. Stop making promises of promotions to keep people from quitting. Stop with the elaborate parties every year and give stores more payroll to keep up with the daily changes you demand.

8. "Sales"

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. part-time

Pros

50% off of shoes&flexible schedule

Cons

4 or 5 hour shifts, low hours

Advice to Management

Keep employees motivated and learning
    Help with growth in company for those who want it.

9. "No customers no hours"

I worked at Skechers U.S.A. part-time

Pros

Discounts, Gumball machine, Free starting shoes

Cons

Lack of hours, Aggressive management

10. "Perfect Fit"

Current Employee - International Coordinator in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Current Employee - International Coordinator in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at Skechers U.S.A. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of opportunities to learn on the job and develop new skills. The office is in an amazing location and the buildings are modern. Team dynamics vary department by department; the International department is filled with some phenomenal people, making it easy to collaborate and network internally.

Cons

Since a lot of people in the office live farther away, there is not a huge culture of post-work team bonding (i.e. happy hour) and most people go their separate ways at 6pm.

Advice to Management

I think that all managers should hold bi-weekly meetings to provide more direction and feedback on team projects and ensure that all team members are are on track with their tasks.