- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - Albany, NY Area
- - Saratoga Springs, NY
- - Clifton Park, NY
- - Albany, NY
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - Connecticut
- - Bridgeport, CT Area
- - Westport, CT
- - Wyoming
Found 160 of over 176 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Got a burning question about Skidmore College? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Skidmore College employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 8, 2023 - Horse GroomRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Very friendly environment. Eager to help students learn about barn management under supervision. Taught me new skills for working at a barn. Flexible hours.
Nothing to comment for cons.
- Former Employee★★★★★Jan 27, 2023 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The staff at the college is very friendly
The campus is rather small compared to other colleges
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Dec 13, 2022 - Employment Coordinator in Saratoga Springs, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great hours, loved working with the Chairs, Directors and managers supporting their hiring needs.
Pay was ok, could have been better.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 14, 2022 - Writing Center Tutor in Saratoga Springs, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Inviting work environment that fosters connection and support. Fulfilling to assist students and makes you a better listener, note-taker, and writer. In-person and online modes of tutoring allow for accessibility and flexibility. Central location on campus (library). Excellent scheduling software.
Tutors' two-hour shifts must start on even hours. Limited availability on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jan 9, 2023 - Student Ambassador in Saratoga Springs, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Helps pay work study for college expenses
Low pay for a lot of effort
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 15, 2022 - Student AssistantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people, Terri is the best
Could have used more hours
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 5, 2022 - Graduate StudentRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people and great experience
Bad weather, very cold during winter
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 17, 2022 - Student WorkerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Time commitment is balanced with classes - Learn real-world skills
Wage cap for students who are not seniors.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 3, 2022 - Student WorkerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible scheduling for student work study
Can't think of any really
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 31, 2022 - Administrative Assistant in Saratoga Springs, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Location, location, location, location, location
Privilege, clueless children pretending to be adults. Faculty in la-la-land but paid lots of money for nothing.Continue reading
Skidmore College Reviews FAQs
Skidmore College has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 176 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Skidmore College to a friend and 94% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.
96% of Skidmore College employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Skidmore College 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.