Skillsets Online Reviews | Glassdoor

Skillsets Online Reviews

Updated Mar 29, 2018

Found 17 reviews

3.8
Skillsets Online CEO Ronik Kar (no image)
Ronik Kar
  1. "Small company with big ideas."

I worked at Skillsets Online full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ownership of work that is shown to subscribers worldwide.

Cons

Short staffed and constant change.

Skillsets Online2018-03-30
  2. "Good small place to be work in sales."

I worked at Skillsets Online

Pros

The sales team is very active making multiple sales calls everyday and having a pretty good yield. Makes the job seem like genuine progress.

Cons

Its a small company and there are the organizational downsides to that.

Skillsets Online2017-10-04
  3. "Coordinator accounts"

I worked at Skillsets Online part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work times. Small friendly company. Daily meetings about path forward, idea sharing, and training. Easy work, sales oriented. Defined job description. Mentoring.

Cons

Call center located off site. Business plan adjusts frequently.

Advice to Management

Great leadership in the area of sales. Infrastructure changes are slow to implement.

Skillsets Online2016-11-17
  4. "Caregiver"

Current Employee - Cargiver in Camdenton, MO

I have been working at Skillsets Online part-time for less than a year

Pros

Although I never received a job description, it seems to be a legitimate business until you ask for the schedule!

Cons

Very disorganized, no office, not even a fax machine. After asking repeatedly what my "next" day to work was, I was "let go"!

Advice to Management

Review your supervisor's actions and motives as clients will undoubtedly suffer!

Skillsets Online2015-11-02
  5. "Silly company with a silly product and a pretty sleazy CEO."

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Skillsets Online full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small team and relaxed atmosphere. The people that worked there were pretty cool as well.

Cons

The company doesn't have any products of its own, but just resells other training programs. In other words, they are a reseller. They were working on a new training software internally that was a pretty horrible idea and pretty bad.

Advice to Management

Sell the company and quit. The product is horrible and it's a sham of a company.

Skillsets Online2015-03-04

Skillsets Online Response

March 21, 2015President

We always appreciate feedback and reviews...as long as it is accurate. Therefore we felt the need to clarify 3 items regarding this particular review. First of all, we are NOT just a reseller of content. While SOME of our content is licensed, a great deal of our IT content is developed completely by us addressing a wide range of IT areas and we plan to continue this development effort. Second, the note about me as the CEO is a matter of personal opinion (which I respect). However, as noted above I have over an 80% approval rating which frankly is not too bad...I probably couldn't get those numbers if you polled my own family:) As the 3rd and final note, I wanted to address the comment about us being a sham company. We have been in business for 12 years now. Between us and our partners, there are over 19 million registered users of our content throughout the world. 19 million users globally is hardly a sham company by any standard! I hope this helps clarify a few things.

"Great Product, Challenging Environment"

I have been working at Skillsets Online full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always challenged to build the best product in the marketplace. High level of autonomy. Relaxed company culture. Competitive pay. Unlimited free training.

Cons

Smaller teams often lead to more work than can be done within normal work hours. We are offered fewer benefits than I'd like to have. Requirements, goals, standards and expectations are always in flux.

Skillsets Online2014-10-10
  7. "Great work environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Skillsets Online full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working for this company is an excellent learning experience. There are many great ideas being implemented all of the time which gives me a lot of optimism for the future of the Skillsets Online. All of the employees work well together and there is definite synergy as a result. The management is always open and excited to hear new ideas.

Cons

Communication is good for the most part but can lack during hectic periods. This has improved immensely since I started so not much of a problem anymore.

Advice to Management

Definitely continue the weekly meetings. It is good to have everyone on the same page and it promotes the sense of being on the same "team."

Skillsets Online2014-10-09
  8. "Amazing combination of Talent and Team Players"

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Skillsets Online full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company culture at SkillSets Online is very dynamic, challenging and rewarding. In a highly competitive industry, we have a unique and successful approach that gets customers results and creates our competitve edge. The word synergy may be cliche, but it fits and after hard work and collaboration, the results speak for themselves. Management looks within first for talent for new opportunities.

Cons

While training is provided when needed, the policy is to hire talent that can self start and self manage. You should expect to figure many aspects of your role out without a formal training program.

Advice to Management

Don't lose touch with the team as happens in many other companies.

Skillsets Online2014-10-09
  9. "SkillSets is in My Blood!!"

Current Employee - Sales in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Skillsets Online full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Lots being done to increase business & Opportunities. Innovation gets implemented here. Awesome!

Cons

Some projects require intense effort.

"Great place for me!"

I have been working at Skillsets Online full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked with SkillSets Online for some time now and feel I've had enough experiences across the board to give a sound review of the company. The forward thinking and plans for the future of the company in terms of size and growth are a definite plus! Management has always kept an open door policy, in the time I've been here, and on several occasions closed that door to address things with me on a personal as... well as professional level. I've never worked with a company that will actually go out of their way to help its employees in whatever manner they can. My experience outside of SkillSets has simply been you're a spoke in the wheel and here I feel I am recognized for my efforts both financially as well as publicly. I also enjoy having a weekly group meeting with the owners and other employees as it leads to a feeling of teamwork, unity and provides a feeling of being a part of the forward progression. Those meeting also serve as a forum to bring up things which may need to be talked about in any other area of the work environment. I enjoy working for a company which values: teamwork, providing excellent customer service, extending products to the market only of a high caliber, feedback in all forms( in an effort to better themselves and products or fix problems brought to light) and pushes to stay ahead of the curve in the IT industry. The commute for me isn't bad, the people who work here are great and we all get along in not only a professional atmosphere but a social atmosphere as well.

Cons

Management is willing to do their part in terms of training, coaching, molding, providing me with the tools I need to succeed here and sometimes I forget that if feel something is lacking that its ok to bring it up. At times there is a bit of overkill on forecasting the growth but I feel its mainly due to attempting to meet goals...goals that here and there are set on what we'd like to see happen rather than on... proven numbers. Ambition can be a tricky thing but also pays the bills

Advice to Management

Keep pursuing the additional revenue streams and striving for improvement/excellence

Skillsets Online2014-04-22