Skillsets Online Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ronik Kar

1. "Amazing combination of Talent and Team Players"

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Skillsets Online full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture at SkillSets Online is very dynamic, challenging and rewarding. In a highly competitive industry, we have a unique and successful approach that gets customers results and creates our competitve edge. The word synergy may be cliche, but it fits and after hard work and collaboration, the results speak for themselves. Management looks within first for talent for new opportunities.

Cons

While training is provided when needed, the policy is to hire talent that can self start and self manage. You should expect to figure many aspects of your role out without a formal training program.

Advice to Management

Don't lose touch with the team as happens in many other companies.

2. "Caregiver"

Current Employee - Cargiver in Camdenton, MO
    Current Employee - Cargiver in Camdenton, MO

I have been working at Skillsets Online part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although I never received a job description, it seems to be a legitimate business until you ask for the schedule!

Cons

Very disorganized, no office, not even a fax machine. After asking repeatedly what my "next" day to work was, I was "let go"!

Advice to Management

Review your supervisor's actions and motives as clients will undoubtedly suffer!

3. "Silly company with a silly product and a pretty sleazy CEO."

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Skillsets Online full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small team and relaxed atmosphere. The people that worked there were pretty cool as well.

Cons

The company doesn't have any products of its own, but just resells other training programs. In other words, they are a reseller. They were working on a new training software internally that was a pretty horrible idea and pretty bad.

Advice to Management

Sell the company and quit. The product is horrible and it's a sham of a company.

Skillsets Online Response

Mar 21, 2015 – President

We always appreciate feedback and reviews...as long as it is accurate. Therefore we felt the need to clarify 3 items regarding this particular review. First of all, we are NOT just a reseller of ... More

5. "SkillSets is in My Blood!!"

Current Employee - Sales in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Skillsets Online full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots being done to increase business & Opportunities. Innovation gets implemented here. Awesome!

Cons

Some projects require intense effort.

6. "Great work environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Skillsets Online full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for this company is an excellent learning experience. There are many great ideas being implemented all of the time which gives me a lot of optimism for the future of the Skillsets Online. All of the employees work well together and there is definite synergy as a result. The management is always open and excited to hear new ideas.

Cons

Communication is good for the most part but can lack during hectic periods. This has improved immensely since I started so not much of a problem anymore.

Advice to Management

Definitely continue the weekly meetings. It is good to have everyone on the same page and it promotes the sense of being on the same "team."

7. "Great high energy, innovative company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Skillsets Online full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of my favorite companies I've worked for yet, out-of-the-box thinking with a close family atmosphere. Very fair compensation, management is open to hear your ideas and implicate change based on your opinion. Excellent product as well, the training is thorough and convenient.

Cons

Small office workspace which sometimes makes it hard to get work done. Other than that its a great place to work.

8. "Unbelieveable and not true to your word"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Danville, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Danville, CA

I worked at Skillsets Online full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good start - we almost made it

Cons

Ended with selfishness and greediness

Advice to Management

Glad you let everyone go. Now they can succeed.

"Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

Pros

great product...good commission split and great people to work with.

Cons

commission only and very few territories available

10. "Challenging and forward thinking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

Pros

Management is all about the future. They focus on new products, new markets and new ideas to reach their goals. Even during the recession, management kept an open door policy, communicated how we were doing and tried to help the employees understand the situation as well as possible. SkillSets Online is also a work-hard/play-hard environment. Employees are given very specific goals to hit and are rewarded for doing so. As a final note, management is never satisfied with OK. The company is striving for excellence and is expecting everyone to do their share.

Cons

Any company that is relatively small has the financial challenges that go with a smaller sized company. Anyone looking to join a small company today almost has to expect this. Another down side of SkillSets Online is that they are located right in a part of Danville that has very little public transportation so you pretty much have to drive to work each day. You can't easily take the bus or bart.

Advice to Management

Always keep focusing on the future but use that past as a guide of what can go right and what can go wrong. SkillSets Online has been around for over 5 years now and has a valued past that can give you insight to how best to prepare and manage for the future. Keep working on building new simulations and exciting tools because that's clearly what your customers want.

11. "Outstanding and prepared me for the "real world""

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Danville, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Danville, CA

Pros

I recently left SkillSets Online because I did not meet my necessary sales targets. It was my own fault. I knew what I was getting into and I just was not able to make it happen. I liked the fact that the management fully supported me, trained me and did what they could to help me succeed. I had not done much sales before and I now realize sales may not be the best thing for me. I learned a lot from my direct manager and I really respected how much he tried to help me. One last thing. They are working on some very cool online training tools and simulations and I liked their forward thinking.

Cons

SkillSets is located in Danville and I live almost 30 miles away. The commute was tough for me. They do require that you show up on time and put in a full day. For me, that was hard sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard and keep up those Monday meetings. I think you guys showed real class by keeping an open door policy and being upfront with your people. Not too many companies are like that! As you grow, it might be good to start building up a more senior management team but for now I think you guys have a good overall system. My final thoughts are that I would recommend any of my friends to give SkillSets Online a try but be prepared to work REALLY hard!!