Skilrock Technologies Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Skilrock Technologies Software Engineer Reviews

Updated Sep 17, 2019

Found 38 reviews

2.7
  1. "Best company to shape your career"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Skilrock Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Very good place for technical people to build high volume transactional systems - Great work-life balance, sometimes timings are stretched but in return Managers and management both are flexible to adjust the same in coming days. - Flexible timings - Good for freshers, A lot of freshers have started their career from Skilrock. - Capable and skilled engineers - Flexible tech - use of new tech is... encouraged. - Great appraisals.

Cons

Nothing as such. Can be more process-driven.

Advice to Management

Keep doing good work. Great leaders!

Skilrock Technologies2019-09-17

October 3, 2019Senior Manager Human Resources

Thanks for your Feedback. It is really encouraging to hear from our engaged employees. We take your feedback positively and will continue to put in our efforts to ensure best environment for all our employees.

2. "Really bad company"

I worked at Skilrock Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

No reason is valid enough tom make you work in this company

Cons

Almost all the bad things that a company can possibly do they are doing it. No appraisal No leaves Long work hours No work life balance Huge gap in ctc and actual in hand salary Severe Employee monitoring Racism - (They prefer jains only, no chance for muslim people) Corrupt and inefficient management No appreciation for work Non-supportive HR Over complicated and employee harming policies

Advice to Management

GROW UP!!

Skilrock Technologies2019-09-10

"Average company , vesionless."

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Skilrock Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible timing Work pressure is normal Office location

Cons

One man army Salary structure - if your ctc is 4 lakh , you will get only 20k in hand. Notice period - 3 month. No buyout option. Appraisal policy. No matter how much effort you put. Only one person will decide even he don't what you are did.

Advice to Management

Stop making people fool.

Skilrock Technologies2019-05-10

"No growth"

I worked at Skilrock Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible timing and friendly environment.

Cons

Nothing to learn. You can't improve on your skill set, same monotonous work you have to do again and again. No technological advancements. Management/ rules and regulations are very bad.

Skilrock Technologies2019-03-05

October 12, 2019Senior Manager Human Resources

Thanks for the concern shared. We would have loved to address your concern, while you were being with us. However, please find response to some of your concerns While, it is important to understand that Enterprise-Class Product Based companies have lesser diversification, but depth, as compared to pure services based companies. We still have a very diversified range of technologies/tool-stack used across numerous products / modules, including but not limited to Java-J2EE based stack (Spring-boot, Spring, Hibernate), PHP (Laravel, Cake), Node/Angular/other JS frameworks, Android/iOS Native and H5, Creative/App/Web Designs, with SQL/NoSQL databases. A lot of effort have been put in last couple of years to implement Agile, Automation, CI/CD, DevOps & Cloud Infra. We have recently launched a new generation of our product portfolio with all latest Tech-stack.

"Agv Company, good for freshers with less expectation in terms on money"

I worked at Skilrock Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work is good for freshers

Cons

- management need to improve their conservative thinking about employees - One Man Army - Lack of work ethics - Lack of work life balance - Employees are called as resources and not treated as a viable part of organization

Advice to Management

Be a bit open minded

Skilrock Technologies2019-01-11

"Appraisal process"

I worked at Skilrock Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Food facilities Cyber city Supportive senior No pros for this company work life

Cons

No work Appraisal 5% to 8%

Skilrock Technologies2019-01-05

"Worst company in Cybercity"

I worked at Skilrock Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Supportive senior - Free lunch(But the quality is degrading day by day and they restrict on the quantity of food a person can take).

Cons

-Company will play with your package - Huge difference between In-hand and CTC - Irresponsible HR - Worst policies - No Work life balance - Behave as they have purchased you - Everything is late regarding employee benefit, but they want everything on time from employeee - They force you to come office on weekends.

Advice to Management

Learn from other companies, how to manage

Skilrock Technologies2019-01-23

October 3, 2019Senior Manager Human Resources

Thanks for the concern shared. We would have loved to address your concern, while you being with us. However, please find response to some of your concerns • In last 2 -3 years, we have invested significantly not only in scaling up HR Team, but also improved on number of activities around HRM. • Regarding any difference in CTC vs monthly-in-hand, is completely dependent on individual’s role, experience and negotiation at the time of joining. More so, we do clarify and are available for any further clarification to all new joiners, at the time offer. • With a significant amount of flexibility offered to employees, as even appreciated in some of the comments here-itself, we try to offer a good work-life balance. Even, we remain quite flexible and easy on our leave requests.

"DO NOT DESERVE even a SINGLE STAR. Unprofessional beyond your imagination."

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Skilrock Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

UNFORTUNATELY employer has good enough money to take office at a good place. SO DON'T fall in the TRAP thinking that the company is in DLF CYBERCITY.

Cons

1. All project, process are miss managed. very poor management. 2. BLOOD SUCKING company, minimum pay. For example If you are hired as a fresher with a offer of 6LPA, then you might be thinking that you would get (after deducting taxes) 45 K/ month, but actually you will get 19K/month. So this one is a FACT and what Skilrock will tell you while hiring is PROPAGANDA. FACTS : 1 , PROPAGANDA : 0 3. ZERO or... NEGLIGIBLE HIKES : They will tell you that their hikes are according to industry standard, but let me tell you the FACT that you will get a hike of either 3% or 0 % i.e. Better luck next time. Again: FACTS: 1, PROPAGANDA : 0 4. FAKE PRESENTATION: They will try to get new employees by saying that Skilrock is a part of a MULTI BILLIONAIRE GROUP. But that multi billionaire group do not bother to think about anything good for their employees. Again: FACTS : 1 , PROPAGANDA : 0 5. POOR TECH STACK AND NO VISION: They will tell you that they work on latest tech stack, but because of lack of experienced employees, code quality is very low. FACTS : 1 , PROPAGANDA : 0 6. Extremely HIGH ATTRITION RATE. Tending towards 100 %. 7. Vision-less Unethical Top management. HR is mere spectator. They are happy to screw the employee career, even if its their fault. Expect to work during weekend without any extra benefit. HR department is basically for distributing cake on every month end. 8. Please stop considering us as a RESOURCE. Please consider us as a human being first. 9. Till the DICTATORSHIP of the CTO will be there, nothing good will happen. The company is 10+ years old, but I think now its end is near. It has lost many of its clients and many projects are shutting down. 10. DICTATOR, i.e. CTO, does not deserve that position. He needs to learn how to talk without using foul language. Should learn how to respect. But this would never happen as these things are learnt in early age of life. 11. Notice Period 90 days. No buyout. Bad leave policies. 12. No breakfast if you are even 1 second late than the office timings. Food is free but condition is very poor. You might get food poisoning. 13. If you work for more than 11 hours then you will get two 10 Rs packet of namkeen. 14. Code quality is lower than you can imagine. Major production bugs come on daily basis. Basically patch work is going on. 15. A few colleges have blacklisted this organisation because of false salary structure and claims. The company is a big scam. This company does not belong to IT sector. It is just like a departmental store. Please do not join it even in your worst time.

Advice to Management

Please leave the management. Fear the almighty, for god sake please stop adding FAKE POSITIVE REVIEWS here on glassdoor. Please stop playing with someone's career.

Skilrock Technologies2018-12-16
  9. "Good pace of learning at development & testing level"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Skilrock Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great exposure for the employees, especially for the learning of developers and testers Quarterly evaluation for freshers Frequent Meetings with management Feedback’s evaluations In-house breakfast & lunch Salary comes on time or sometimes before due date Medical insurance facility

Cons

No comments, however it would be better if there would be enhancement in the employee engagement activities on monthly basis

Advice to Management

Na

Skilrock Technologies2018-11-16
  10. "SALARY structure is very bad appraisal cycle is too late"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at Skilrock Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

food free timings no issue 9 hours compultion

Cons

appraisal is very poor too late appraisal salary structure is very poor huge diff between in hand and ctc

Skilrock Technologies2018-11-15