Skimlinks Reviews | Glassdoor

Skimlinks Reviews

Updated Jun 8, 2019

Found 37 reviews

3.7
Skimlinks CEO Sebastien Blanc  (no image)
Sebastien Blanc
  1. "A Great Place to Grow & Learn!"

Current Employee - Vice President Revenue, US in New York, NY

I have been working at Skimlinks full-time for less than a year

Pros

An industry leading, innovative company in a fast-changing industry A great learning environment that trains employees to grow, think differently and achieve their career goals A fun and collaborative culture with a strong leadership team

Cons

Requires a nimble personality and entrepreneurial spirit. Those who prefer a mature business with little/no change will not thrive in this environment

Skimlinks2019-05-30

June 4, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Glassdoor. It is great to hear that you have had a positive experience working here and we hope that continues!

"Great vision & support"

Current Employee - Commercial in New York, NY

I have been working at Skimlinks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very respectful of employees that give their all, in return the company will invest in you and develop you. Very smart and intelligent teams across the business. Company has a great vision and is very respected by their clients.

Cons

More an individual personnel basis. Some people don't have a positive attitude to change and feel they are entitled. No fault of the company, itself.

Advice to Management

Look for people with positive attitudes, above all. Keep doing what the business aims to do and continue to invest in development and take feedback from CEO to office manager.

Skimlinks2019-02-28

June 4, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for your review and advice on hiring talent. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive thoughts. It’s great to see that you highlight our values, amazing people and Learning and development initiatives. All the best!

"An exciting and dynamic company that is growing fast"

I have been working at Skimlinks full-time

Pros

- Working with a very smart and kind team - The opportunity to work with the best publishers and brands in the world - Fantastic benefits - Being part of a very fast-growing company - The ability to make an impact. If you want to test or try something or introduce a new initiative for the company, they are very supportive

Cons

- Things can at times move very quickly and can be tricky to keep up.

Skimlinks2019-02-15

June 4, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for sharing a positive feedback. It’s great to see that you have listed a number of positives of your time here, including employee benefits, the supportive culture and opportunities to introduce initiatives. We wish you the best in your current role.

4. "Amazing company culture"

I have been working at Skimlinks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive work/life balance Transparent/easy access to founders Employees are heard Talented and personable group of people and nice sense of camaraderie Yearly Christmas trip abroad

Cons

Can be difficult to remain engaged in remote office due to time difference. ie new initiatives

Skimlinks2015-04-01

"Some good, some bad"

Product Manager

I worked at Skimlinks for more than 3 years

Pros

The best culture and colleagues you can find. Colleagues who watch out for one another and care about each other. Best company Xmas party I have ever experienced. Nice office. Fast paced and exciting, but not stressful.

Cons

Honesty - senior leadership very often ignores problems rather than addressing them. Direction - does senior leadership know what's next and where we are going? Respect - senior leadership lacks respect for other people's opinions

Skimlinks2014-11-26
  6. "fast-paced, great cuture, highly satisfying place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Skimlinks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

All in all Skimlinks is a great place to work. CEO Alicia Navarro and co-founder Joe Stepniewski place a high degree of emphasis on ensuring that employees are comfortable, growing in their field and ultimately happy. Having the chance to interact with a variety of teams and management, I can tell you that everyone is passionate, and collaborative, which makes for the kind of work environment an ambitious person... will thrive in.

Cons

To be honest, no real cons. If considering working here, just make sure you are passionate about online technology. If you are, best of luck in the interview process!

Skimlinks2014-11-07
  7. "An extraordinarily motivated, supportive group of people."

I worked at Skimlinks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked for Skimlinks for a number of years, and like any startup, there were certainly ups and downs (that's what you sign up for if you want to join a young tech company) but I left feeling exceptionally grateful for the friends made, experience garnered, and significant responsibility I was given at Skimlinks. These are sociable, supportive people doing innovative work. Employees are encouraged to speak up... and heard, while management is impressively transparent about numbers, investment and other high level discussions. It's a great place to be if you want to learn about how companies are run. Over the years, junior team members have consistently been promoted to more senior roles, and it's the kind of place that will look to its own before trying to recruit from elsewhere. That's valuable.

Cons

Skimlinks does its best to innovate quickly, which means that priorities can change as circumstances do. If you're the type of person who needs to know exactly what they'll be doing in 18 months time, it may not be a great fit.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Skimlinks2014-10-31
  8. "If you work in London tech, a good place to be."

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Skimlinks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Skimlinks has a good UK presence, if you're in tech in London it is connected (both in and out of the office) with other startups in the area. Nice office culture and lots of friendly co-workers who are always game for a pint. Located in great area of London. Not very demanding in terms of office hours and effort.

Cons

The engineering culture sometimes at odds or in miscommunication with management, which often led to frustration or stress for employees and for management. The laid back work attitude doesn't press you, so if you are ambitious you might feel frustrated with it.

Skimlinks2014-09-02
  9. "Vibrant and dynamic place to work at"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Skimlinks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Technology developers work with--Skimlinks is at the forefront of what is used in the cloud and continuously strives to innovate. People--you will meet a great bunch of fun and clever people. Great learning and development budget.

Cons

It's been very busy in recent months. Although there is a one day a month allocation for learning and development I feel it's been hard to make use of it. (However I enjoy and learn doing my actual work anyway.)

Advice to Management

Make sure there is actually an opportunity to make use of the day a month for learning and development.

Skimlinks2019-06-08

July 2, 2019Head of Talent

Thanks for leaving your review about your time at Skimlinks so far. It's great to see that you mention about amazing people around you. I noticed that you are a current employee, therefore, please raise your concerns regarding Learning and Development with your manager or speak with ...

10. "Great people, emphasis and space for learning, and recognition where it is due"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Skimlinks full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The people are second to none. Warm, gracious and smart. In many cases colleagues become friends and that makes for an excellent working environment day-to-day. - There is a real focus on learning & development. I put together a learning & development plans which my manager supports, champions and holds me accountable to. You get a significant individual learning budget to spend however you want:... events, courses, classes etc. - And lastly you get recognised when you deserve it. There's an employee of the week, Slack channel dedicated to shouting out when people do good things, and a real focus on showing people appreciation for the hard work they do day-in-day-out.

Cons

- There is a fast pace of life and you do have to juggle a lot of responsibilities at once, but that also offers more opportunities for growth than you might have in other businesses - The business is really keenly focused on measurement of success, with metrics and KPIs across the business, so if you aren't the most numerically-inclined, there is a learning curve to get to grips with measuring your own... performance

Skimlinks2019-06-05