Skimlinks Reviews

Updated May 9, 2021

3.8
Skimlinks CEO  Sebastien Blanc  (no image)
Sebastien Blanc
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Great Place to Grow & Learn!

May 29, 2019 - Vice President Revenue, US in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

An industry leading, innovative company in a fast-changing industry A great learning environment that trains employees to grow, think differently and achieve their career goals A fun and collaborative culture with a strong leadership team

Cons

Requires a nimble personality and entrepreneurial spirit. Those who prefer a mature business with little/no change will not thrive in this environment

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Glassdoor. It is great to hear that you have had a positive experience working here and we hope that continues!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Entitled culture, led by entitled people.

Jul 14, 2020 - Publisher Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

Initially, I was not going to leave a review, however, after reading the cringe worthy, forced reviews of current employees, I felt it was time to provide another perspective from an employee who has seen the good, bad, and ugly. Let me start off by saying there was a time where this company was the golden standard for both positive and progressive corporate culture. The former CEO & Founder (Alicia) made Skimlinks a place where you felt valued and in return, you valued your work, the product, and the mission. That is the good, those were the glory days and if you scroll down and read the reviews, you will see it rings true. Moving on… Unfortunately, that path she paved was demolished once new leadership was announced. if you know, you know. Instead of making everyone feel welcomed, the US employees always seemed to be singled out by leadership and their self-serving agendas. As a former US employee, it was unfortunate to see the culture shift from being positive and progressive, to toxic and malicious. No one was safe from the unwarranted and surprise terminations. Honestly, the joke of it was you were lucky to be terminated… But, nothing compared to the blatant favoritism that went down in the US office—it was obvious, uncomfortable, and palpable. Whenever someone shared this feedback, we were told we did not possess the “mindset” they wanted. Key example of management not listening to their employees and blaming it on something as subjective as a mindset! Ironic how a company who aggregates and provides data uses “mindset” as a tool to measure employee success. If I had a dollar every time I was told I didn’t have the “right mindset” me and my mindset would be rich… So here’s the deal, Skimlinks might be able to rebound with the recent acquisition by Connexity. Sometimes an acquisition is what a company needs to grow and reform their corporate culture. I don’t want people to have the same experience I did, I want them to have a better one. There was a time I had nothing but positive things to say about Skimlinks. It’s unfortunate that I can no longer speak to those times. I hope that moving forward management doesn’t belittle employees for their own personal and unique mindset—that’s what makes a workforce diverse. Also, realize when someone has the confidence to call out favoritism, it’s usually because it’s happening and affecting them. The last thing anyone wants to do is call out favoritism and the scale in which is happens at Skimlinks is embarrassing. Bench your egos and listen to ALL of your employees’ voices—not just your favorites.

5 people found this review helpful

Head of Talent

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear that your experience at Skimlinks was not a positive one. We really appreciate your input and take all feedback on board. Please feel free to contact hr@skimlinks.com if you would like to discuss any of this directly.

3. 5.0

Great vision & support

Feb 28, 2019 - Commercial in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very respectful of employees that give their all, in return the company will invest in you and develop you. Very smart and intelligent teams across the business. Company has a great vision and is very respected by their clients.

Cons

More an individual personnel basis. Some people don't have a positive attitude to change and feel they are entitled. No fault of the company, itself.

2 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you for your review and advice on hiring talent. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive thoughts. It’s great to see that you highlight our values, amazing people and Learning and development initiatives. All the best!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

An exciting and dynamic company that is growing fast

Feb 15, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Working with a very smart and kind team - The opportunity to work with the best publishers and brands in the world - Fantastic benefits - Being part of a very fast-growing company - The ability to make an impact. If you want to test or try something or introduce a new initiative for the company, they are very supportive

Cons

- Things can at times move very quickly and can be tricky to keep up.

2 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you for sharing a positive feedback. It’s great to see that you have listed a number of positives of your time here, including employee benefits, the supportive culture and opportunities to introduce initiatives. We wish you the best in your current role.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

An extraordinarily motivated, supportive group of people.

Oct 31, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked for Skimlinks for a number of years, and like any startup, there were certainly ups and downs (that's what you sign up for if you want to join a young tech company) but I left feeling exceptionally grateful for the friends made, experience garnered, and significant responsibility I was given at Skimlinks. These are sociable, supportive people doing innovative work. Employees are encouraged to speak up and heard, while management is impressively transparent about numbers, investment and other high level discussions. It's a great place to be if you want to learn about how companies are run. Over the years, junior team members have consistently been promoted to more senior roles, and it's the kind of place that will look to its own before trying to recruit from elsewhere. That's valuable.

Cons

Skimlinks does its best to innovate quickly, which means that priorities can change as circumstances do. If you're the type of person who needs to know exactly what they'll be doing in 18 months time, it may not be a great fit.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

fast-paced, great cuture, highly satisfying place to work

Nov 6, 2014 - Marketing Director in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

All in all Skimlinks is a great place to work. CEO Alicia Navarro and co-founder Joe Stepniewski place a high degree of emphasis on ensuring that employees are comfortable, growing in their field and ultimately happy. Having the chance to interact with a variety of teams and management, I can tell you that everyone is passionate, and collaborative, which makes for the kind of work environment an ambitious person will thrive in.

Cons

To be honest, no real cons. If considering working here, just make sure you are passionate about online technology. If you are, best of luck in the interview process!

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

If you work in London tech, a good place to be.

Sep 1, 2014 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Skimlinks has a good UK presence, if you're in tech in London it is connected (both in and out of the office) with other startups in the area. Nice office culture and lots of friendly co-workers who are always game for a pint. Located in great area of London. Not very demanding in terms of office hours and effort.

Cons

The engineering culture sometimes at odds or in miscommunication with management, which often led to frustration or stress for employees and for management. The laid back work attitude doesn't press you, so if you are ambitious you might feel frustrated with it.

8. 5.0

Amazing company culture

Apr 1, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive work/life balance Transparent/easy access to founders Employees are heard Talented and personable group of people and nice sense of camaraderie Yearly Christmas trip abroad

Cons

Can be difficult to remain engaged in remote office due to time difference. ie new initiatives

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Some good, some bad

Nov 26, 2014 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best culture and colleagues you can find. Colleagues who watch out for one another and care about each other. Best company Xmas party I have ever experienced. Nice office. Fast paced and exciting, but not stressful.

Cons

Honesty - senior leadership very often ignores problems rather than addressing them. Direction - does senior leadership know what's next and where we are going? Respect - senior leadership lacks respect for other people's opinions

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Exciting, fun and fast paced

May 9, 2021 - Commercial
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team and very high performing

Cons

None to state or that I can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews