SkinCareRx Reviews | Glassdoor

SkinCareRx Reviews

Updated Jan 7, 2017

2.5
  1. "Senior Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at SkinCareRx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, great benefits.

Cons

Company has been sold to The HUT Group in London, no longer exists in Scottsdale

SkinCareRx2017-01-07

"So glad I quit, best decision ever!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at SkinCareRx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Corporate office is in a nice part of town. I got to meet some amazing people, greatfully none of them are there anymore. Occasionally free samples were shared if senior management passed.

Cons

Senior management uses bully tactics to force long hours. The benefit package is poor and declined yearly. The bonus program offered when hired was recinded. No team building or growth opportunities. High turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Honesty, look it up! The Dishonest treatment of employees and customers is shameful. I'm actually surprised Inteladerm is still in business.

SkinCareRx2016-03-03

SkinCareRx Response

March 4, 2016Human Resources

Glassdoor does it again. They allow disgruntled employees (or anyone for that matter, employee or not), to post their supposed experiences behind an anonymous shield. In reality, we have not had any turnover in the past year, and most of our employees have been with us for many years, which further indicates the "dated" nature of this persons comments. We have a great staff and successful business. Unfortunately we can't be the right fit for every individual, especially those that lack work ethic or any sense of acceptance or accountability for the work they perform. If this individual states that none of their "amazing people" are here anymore, than that is a great indication that they were likely on the list of those few exceptions that chose to have other priorities than doing a good job. In most situations, these individuals will not be content working anywhere in which accountability for your actions or job performance are important. I wish them the best and if they would like to direct their comments to us more directly, happy to further put their comments into perspective for others that read these anonymous postings.

"Long-time Employee"

I worked at SkinCareRx

Pros

The company is willing to give a lot of experience to those looking for it (i.e. you can wear a lot of hats and try new things out). You work closely with others on your team, letting you build strong friendships outside of work, as well as networking with vendors who are the biggest players in the beauty industry. You can test hypotheses with access to a lot of data based on the customer size. Management is willing... to try new technologies and programs.

Cons

Long hours during the holiday season or during special projects. This is pretty typical for retail stores, but feels extra gloomy because of the nature of working in a cubicle instead of working with customers face-to-face.

Advice to Management

Hard to say since I haven't been there for a while, but some things that could have been improved on while I was there was corporate culture activities such as employee recognition, team building, department competitions, and out-of-the-office conferences/workshops to improve employee skills and get to know upper management better. Also, try to constrict work hours from bleeding into nights and weekends. If required..., give extra time off to make up for the additional time in the office.

SkinCareRx2015-11-10
  4. "Great place to be!"

I have been working at SkinCareRx

Pros

Great atmosphere, tons of room for personal growth if you are willing to pay attention and be part of a team!

Cons

If you do not enjoy change and growth you will not enjoy this company! If you do not want to participate and be part of a growing team you will not enjoy it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and the constant change it keeps us on our toes and constantly developing!

SkinCareRx2015-10-09

"Don't work here!"

Inteladerm in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at SkinCareRx

Pros

None - an occasional free sample

Cons

Management - lack of any professionalism Environment - dingy location, dark and depressing Bosses- need training on how to manage people

SkinCareRx2015-10-07

"A Horrible Place To Work"

in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at SkinCareRx

Pros

Located in a great part of town Some people who work here are REALLY nice Laid back environment

Cons

You will NEVER see upper management, they hide in their offices and you are not even allowed to go see them or visit with them. The marketing managers and other lower level managers are totally unprofessional and it's because their own bosses are nowhere to be found and they themselves have NO supervision so they behave like rogue children with too much power. A miserable work environment, ugly interior, no charm,... no character and no sense of your being a part of something useful or helpful to others. They do not listen to their employees, rather break all sorts of rules just to sell products.

Advice to Management

Start over!

SkinCareRx2015-10-09

"Lucky To Be A Part Of This Amazing Organization"

I have been working at SkinCareRx full-time for less than a year

Pros

With over 20 years of corporate work experience, both big and small, I can honestly say this is the best experience of my professional career. This is a great organization with amazing people. I couldn't ask for a better work environment. Employees from bottom to top are professional and knowledgeable with great work ethic and attitude. Top management is especially understanding and flexible with work schedules... and time off. It is quite refreshing to look forward to coming into work everyday, have an impact on the success of the company and enjoy the people that surround you on a daily basis.

Cons

Given that this is a 24 hour/ 7 days a week retail company, we don't receive as many traditional holidays off as companies who don't run an online business. However, we are granted just as many holidays and use them as "floating" holidays.

Advice to Management

Thank you for hiring me!

SkinCareRx2015-07-22
  8. "Great Company for Those Who Want to Succeed"

I have been working at SkinCareRx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collaborate and energetic organization that promotes and rewards hard work. Management sets clear objectives and expectations and provides all the necessary tools and resources for those individuals who want to be successful. Benefits and compensation are generous and in line with the market.

Cons

It is unfortunate that the company has gone through transition periods where certain individuals were less than interested in doing the job and tasks they were hired to perform. Appropriately, their employment was separated and sadly they have chosen to lash out at the company by falsely posting on their "experiences" with the organization on this website. It is evident from the growth and continued success of the... company after their individual exits that they were not contributing anything positive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Extremely excited to see what the future holds for us.

SkinCareRx2015-07-22

"Management is lost and lacks direction."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at SkinCareRx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not very many at all. Flexible scheduling along with flexible lunch hours. You are left alone for the most part.

Cons

Unprofessional. No direction. Selfish management that either has no clue about their employees, or just doesn't care. Unethical. No recognition. Heavy politics for such a small company. False promises. Poor culture.

Advice to Management

it is clear that there is a problem with the way your company is run. It is also suspect to see that there are a number of 1-star reviews, and then a 5-star review on the same day that there are multiple responses from the management. This site is to inform potential employees of businesses that need to be recognized as good or bad. The company in question is a poor place to work for. Rather than coming on this site... and making false accusations of the multiple employees that work or worked for your business, you should focus on how to retain your employees. This further illustrates the points of these past negative reviews, that this company is not an ideal work environment. If you're so concerned with the experiences, then fix them. The company is not growing, and numbers will show that. Within the last year, the company has completely outsourced its marketing and IT efforts, due to losing over 10 employees between the two departments. Again, focus on your business, and employees, so you don't have to deal with so many negative reviews.

SkinCareRx2015-07-24

"Greatly Lacks Communication & Respect to Employees & Customers"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at SkinCareRx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great industry to be in. It was THE BEST company to work for under the old ownership and management.

Cons

New ownership and management are only interested in taking advantage of their employees and customers. No respect for previous customer base. Dishonest and misleading with their rebates and sales. No respect for concerns or ideas for betterment of the company. Low pay. Expectations of overtime with lack of proper compensation for extended periods of time. Very high turnover rate. Lets their employees go... unreasonably. There is little to no communication between management and employees, and when addressed about this issue, they ignore their employees completely or fire them. If there were an option to give Zero stars for all categories, I would.

Advice to Management

Quit trying to con your employees and customers. Quit trying to make the company into a multi-million dollar company, and just let it go. You made a mistake in purchasing this company from the old ownership. You did not have the background and knowledge it takes to succeed in the skin care industry. You've done enough damage to the previous customer base, and the new customer base is not solid at all. You had... so many great talented employees that, if given the opportunity, could have helped you really thrive, but instead you disrespected them and then let them all go. There are too many issues to work through. You don't have enough management in place that have experience in managing and communicating effectively and efficiently. You don't have management in place that are skilled at problem solving. Stick to the the industry you came from, which is pharmaceuticals. You'll be better off in the long run to just let this company sink.

SkinCareRx2015-04-26

SkinCareRx Response

July 22, 2015Human Resources

I’m sorry that this individual had this view of their time with our organization. The reality is that the previous organization in which they worked was going out of business due to financial difficulties and his as well as all of the other employees would have been out of work had we not come in to turn the business around in early 2013. It is unfortunate that individuals with significant work performance issues are allowed to so discretely attempt to discredit an organization in this forum, but we are proud of what we have accomplished and continue to achieve as we relaunch and refresh this business and bring it into the next phase of its lifecycle. This specific individual did not evolve and was counseled through numerous mistakes while employed with us, including costing the organization hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost revenues through repeated administrative errors and the inability to own or take responsibility for the work performed. It is concerning the level of lack of ownership in basic job performance and the level of entitlement this individual displayed. This individual was in no position to understand the state of the business or its financial viability and therefore it is rather irresponsible for them to post such comments in this forum that have no merit. We value our strong and successful employee base and are proud of the work they perform and the dedication they show on a daily basis. Without them and the loyalty of our strong customer base, there would be no organization to criticize by those few disgruntled individuals that have passed through.

Found 13 reviews