Skookum Contract Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 30 reviews

3.3
Skookum Contract Services CEO Jeff Dolven
Jeff Dolven
  1. "Skookum is an exceptional company"

I have been working at Skookum Contract Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Skookum is a company that operates with the highest integrity I have ever experienced in a company. There is no corporate mentality, the environment is collaborative and inclusive. There are so many incredible people at Skookum who work every day towards our social mission of creating opportunities for people with disabilities. Skookum has created a culture that feels like family where everyone looks out for each... other and is invested in you as a person, not just you as an employee. I am so proud to work here!

Cons

No cons for me!

Skookum Contract Services2019-06-19
  2. "Glad to work at Skookum"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Bremerton, WA

I have been working at Skookum Contract Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people, monthly lunches, gym at work and training.

Cons

My title doesn't accurately match what I do.

Skookum Contract Services2019-09-12
  3. "please believe all of the negative reviews."

Former Employee - Production Control Clerk in Curtis Bay, MD

I worked at Skookum Contract Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

they offer good benefits for employees, but adding your family members to your plan is very costly.

Cons

lots of favoritism going on, no pay raise, lack of communication from management, no career progression.

Advice to Management

get your act together or continue to lose good people.

Skookum Contract Services2019-09-03

"Favoritism"

Former Employee - Stock Clerk in Fort Hood, TX

I worked at Skookum Contract Services full-time

Pros

Stress free place to work

Cons

Mgmts don't treat all employees fair and not truthworthy. Favoritism plays a big part thats why they don't t get full participation from all the employees.

Advice to Management

Can't give advice because they wont listen

Skookum Contract Services2019-07-29

"Fraudelent service for their customers and unfair treatment for highly qualified people that work them."

Former Employee - HVAC Service Technician

I worked at Skookum Contract Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing positive to reflect on on my short stay with Skookum at the Coast Guard.

Cons

You must not have superior knowledge and experience that would over shadow the lead technician. Must be willing to charge time against work not being done. Referring to the US Coast Guard Contract in Curtis Bay.

Advice to Management

Respect other people that may have superior knowledge and training and experience and be willing to learn and improve instead of being insecure. Do not lie and say the Coast guard called and complained to use that as an excuse to fire you. These things can and will be verified.

Skookum Contract Services2019-02-09
  6. "A new Skookum"

I have been working at Skookum Contract Services full-time

Pros

I have been with Skookum for over five years and the company has grown into a professional and profitable organization that still puts employees and hiring Veterans and people with disabilities first. There has been an increased effort on supporting and caring about employees as well as helping in our communities. I am fortunate to see where Skookum was a few years back (smaller but still solid) and am excited to... see where we are headed.

Cons

Skookum is not a remote/work from home friendly employer. They will allow it from time to time but overall still prefer employees to be in the office.

Skookum Contract Services2018-12-06

"This is an Excellent Place to Work...."

Current Employee - Management Team in Bremerton, WA

I have been working at Skookum Contract Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked at Skookum for over 20 years. Every year the organization is growing and learning. Being part of a mission "Creating Opportunities for People with Disabilities" motivates me every day. Being a learning organization also allows for creativity, and the chance to make mistakes and learn from them. Continual training, long-term employment and a chance to make a difference in the lives of so many drives me... to do a better job because I'm not doing it for myself, I am doing it for every one on the team. I love the management structure, the CEO puts himself at the bottom of the org chart knowing the employees and customers are our most important asset. The team environment created at Skookum makes us all better at what we do as the common goals of the organization keeps us all moving in the right strategic direction. I cannot say enough about how much Skookum has changed my life for the better. Love working here.....thanks.

Cons

No Cons, I see a lot of other companies that do not do it as well as Skookum.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great teamwork.......thanks for all you do for everyone at Skookum.

Skookum Contract Services2018-11-28

"General Maintenance Worker"

I worked at Skookum Contract Services full-time

Pros

It is a pay check and thats all.

Cons

No respect for hourly workers. Lots of back stabbing. This company is about taking advantage of the disabled for profit. High turn over rate. 20+ fired in less then 3 years.

Skookum Contract Services2018-10-09
  9. "Communications"

I have been working at Skookum Contract Services full-time

Pros

Nice people, the work is very rewarding, the mission is very admirable and is consistently referred to. The culture is very positive and welcoming, it's consistent across all of the contracts.

Cons

I have no cons about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Best job I've ever had doing the most rewarding work!

Skookum Contract Services2018-07-12
  10. "QC inspector"

Former Employee - QC and Safety Inspector in Fort Lee, VA

I worked at Skookum Contract Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Being able to work with very professional contract companies and personal... Inspection done at professional level and Quality of work..

Cons

Sometimes the quantity of inspections and time could mean more time needed to have them done..

Advice to Management

I've been in this line of work since 1989 approximately and love the accomplishments.

Skookum Contract Services2018-05-17