Skullcandy Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Skullcandy CEO Jason Hodell
Jason Hodell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work life balance is unmatched to any company I have been a part of" (in 8 reviews)

• "Awesome work environment and culture" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "There isn't a day that I don't wake up stoked to go to work" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Awesome People & Great Place to Work"

I worked at Skullcandy full-time

Pros

The team at Skullcandy is truly remarkable, and I had the best time every day working with such amazing individuals. Everyone is a go-getter, and knows how to get the job done, but also have a great time doing it - not to mention, lunch time bike rides and hikes are pretty regular and so fun :)

Cons

I don't have any cons.

2. "Excellent work life balance"

I have been working at Skullcandy full-time

Pros

High expectations of what and when tasks need to be completed. People willing to work with you to understand the processes to be as efficient as possible.

Cons

Have to find your own work sometimes.

3. "Great flexibility and awesome products"

I worked at Skullcandy full-time

Pros

There is a ton of flexibility and the company encourages you to have fun and take advantage of the perks of being in Park City. The products are awesome and the company culture is pretty cool.

Cons

Things can be a little chaotic at times and it can be hard to get a formal growth path

Advice to Management

Keep the fun, flexible, culture alive

"Skullcandy Review"

Pros

-beautiful building
    -good location...right by the mountains
    -product has improved

Cons

-culture...the culture has changed so much and there really is no culture anymore. It feels contrived and forced now.
    -drama/gossip...there's a lot of unnecessary drama at Skullcandy that has created a toxic environment
    -growth...there are not a lot of growth opportunities or growth paths. People leave and you just have to take on more work without a pay raise or title change.
    -leadership and upper management

Advice to Management

Create growth paths for your employees and don't just say it'll happen and it never does. Also, I wanted to learn more and be mentored and it was hard to find leaders that cared.

5. "Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Park City, UT

I have been working at Skullcandy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative work environment, flexible schedule, fair compensation & solid benefits package, interesting challenges, room to grow, ability to influence decisions and make truly great products, culture of making employees feel appreciated and rewarded for achieving goals

Cons

Sometimes working with teams in other time zones can require a lot of travel or calls at odd hours.

6. "great place, great people"

I have been working at Skullcandy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company with a 'can do' culture, inclusive and open work environment. Great products and a fantastic team.

Cons

Tightly resourced everybody is pretty busy or even maxed out.

"A collaborative and cool place to spend your whole day."

Current Employee - Industrial Designer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Industrial Designer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Skullcandy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere here is super laid back. Everyone is friendly and smiling, and everyone is really committed to creating amazing products and a great brand. Lots of people who work here have been here for 4 or 5 years or more, which is a good indicator of great company culture, and lots of opportunities for growth.

I never feel awkward, like I don't know how to spend my time, nor do I feel overworked or micro-managed. Also, there is a skateboard ramp in the lobby, and a pool table, and a basketball court, and I have never been looked at sideways for taking a break to stretch my legs or pass some time.

Skullcandy is a small company, so I interact with people from a variety of perspectives and professional backgrounds, which makes for a really cross-functional and collaborative work environment.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like I have too much freedom. Like I could literally take 3 weeks and when I got back everyone would be like, "How was your trip! I'm sure its better than sitting meetings and drinking subpar coffee!"

8. "Fun, Entrepreneurial Culture!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

I have been working at Skullcandy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can recommend any idea and it will be considered. You can really change processes and make a difference at any level within the company. The culture is fun and active, and you are able to work with great employees who work hard and play hard.

Cons

Fast pace and headcount is lean so you have to move fast and stay efficient!!

9. "There's Nothing Like It"

Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Park City, UT

I have been working at Skullcandy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing leaders that are seasoned and not chasing careers status. They're here because they believe in the company and know how to help it succeed. Incredible culture that's family-like and cares equally about work and play. Really young culture too.

Cons

The only true con is that the kitchen doesn't have more food, which is hardly a complaint. Right next to the kitchen is a pool table and mini ramp - this place rules.

10. "Incredible Place To Work"

I have been working at Skullcandy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Skullcandy's work culture is nothing short of incredible. The people couldn't be more laid back and the culture couldn't be more fun. Cultural bonuses include half day Fridays in the summer where everyone literally stops working at noon to have a beer, eat food, and hang out! When people aren't dropping in the mini ramp or hitting up the basketball court in the office, the professional side of the environment has continued to support my personal desire to learn and develop new skills related to my profession. Skullcandy even paid for me to take classes from a third party to improve my software skills, simply because I expressed my interest to learn. Friends and family are constantly jealous when they find I get to work in such a progressive and exciting environment. Working here has been an incredible experience.

Cons

Cons are few and far between. Every company has growing pains along with shifts in management which Skullcandy has seen plenty of in the recent years. People tend to keep to themselves from time to time, but as soon as you introduce yourself you'll find everyone's super friendly!