Skullcandy "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Skullcandy Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 10 de Jul 2019

4.4
Skullcandy CEO Jason Hodell
Jason Hodell
Pros
  • "Provides great work/life balance for people able to manage their time wisely(in 9 reviews)

• "Company with a 'can do' culture, inclusive and open work environment(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pure ignorance and arrogance at the senior management levels(in 3 reviews)

• "Young work force makes getting work done a little difficult(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Skullcandy, it's in the best place it's been in 10 years"

Current Employee - Director of International Sales in Park City, UT

I have been working at Skullcandy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Skullcandy has a great team & culture. It's not a high pressure environment, but you are expected to perform at a high level. There is generally good collaboration between teams/departments. Provides great work/life balance for people able to manage their time wisely.

Cons

Challenging macro/market conditions of consumer electronics industry. The audio space is experiencing rapid innovation change, and it is difficult to keep pace against major CE brands

Skullcandy2019-07-10
  2. "Great placeto work!"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Park City, UT

I worked at Skullcandy

Pros

Amazing people with a great work culture. Good work/life balance and awesome perks.

Cons

Can be a bit chaotic sometimes.

Skullcandy2018-08-30
  3. "Best company to work for!"

I have been working at Skullcandy full-time

Pros

This company is incredible. I wake up everyday stoked to come to work and thankful I work at Skullcandy. The teams here take ownership and pride in their work and everyone works so hard its contagious. On the flip side, we play hard too. The work life balance is unmatched to any company I have been a part of. There is so much opportunity for growth and senior management pours into their direct employees making it... possible to advance in any role. The company is constantly innovating and thinking toward the future. The office space is incredible and a happy place to spend 40+ hours a week. Skullcandy is the place to be!

Cons

Good / healthy snacks would be a great addition.

Skullcandy2018-05-16
  4. "Very special place to work!"

I have been working at Skullcandy full-time

Pros

Amazing co-workers Awesome office attitude Incredible work space Above average pay Very flexible schedule Great work life balance Excellent Managment

Cons

This is hard, because no place is perfect, but this is pretty damn close. So I guess I would say since it is a small company job security could be question.

5. "Current Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

I have been working at Skullcandy full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working at Skullcandy. We have talented people who work extremely hard. I sincerely like my coworkers and enjoy the low key but productive vibe in the office. We have great work life balance and passion to beat the bigger companies.

Cons

We run lean so you need to be willing to do what needs to be done. Saying, "That's not my job," is not an option here. The market also shifts quickly so you must be okay working through change.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing but don't be afraid to hold people that aren't performing accountable.

"EDI Invoicing Specialist"

I worked at Skullcandy part-time

Pros

I felt a great sense of team while working at Skullcandy. It was a work hard play hard atmosphere which I appreciated as it promoted a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

I haven't worked at Skullcandy in a few years, but around the time I left it didn't appear that management had a clear direction in which to take the company. It appears from the outside that this has potentially been corrected.

Advice to Management

Don't forget your roots.

Skullcandy2017-05-09
  7. "AR Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Skullcandy

Pros

Great team environment and work life balance

Cons

Had to drive an hour

Skullcandy2017-03-03

"Don't expect a promotion if you're female"

Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Skullcandy full-time

Pros

Skullcandy has flex time so there's a good work/life balance. Good place to gain experience and generally cool people. It's fun to work for a well-known brand.

Cons

You will not be paid as well here as other places, presumably because Skullcandy is "cool" and they can get away with that. You'll work your butt off, though, and you'll do the work of 2-3 people. Don't expect to move up here, especially if you're a woman. Only 3 out of 23 directors here are women, and none are VPs. Most women bail out at the middle management level because they just give up and realize the... glass ceiling is too hard to break through. People promote their buddies here (even if they have NO experience), and I've seen very qualified people get passed up for promotions. I've also seen excellent, qualified employees get fired because they weren't part of the clique (I'm looking at you, Sourcing). If you're not part of the "good old boy" network here, you can forget going anywhere. There is no support for women at the HR level, either. This needs to change.

Advice to Management

Look closely at the gender bias within your organization. Some good changes being made these days but you need to dig a little deeper. Focus on the people who make your organization better, not the ones who make it cooler. There are hungry, passionate people right under your nose who deserve recognition.

Skullcandy2017-01-30

"Workplace culture"

I have been working at Skullcandy full-time

Pros

Culture allows you to be yourself and promotes work-life balance. The outstanding workplace culture keeps a lot of people here.

Cons

Not much room for upward growth, no females in any executive leadership roles (directors or above).

Skullcandy2016-10-03