Sky Betting & Gaming Reviews in Leeds, UK | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2019

3.9
Sky Betting & Gaming CEO Ian Proctor
Ian Proctor
  1. "A great place to work, end of."

Former Employee - CRM Manager in Leeds, England

I worked at Sky Betting & Gaming full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture and working environment, flexible working hours, great benefits and a true one team mentality. Leadership and senior management are approachable and caring. Always able to ask questions and not feel stupid.

Cons

Has grown very rapidly and potentially lost some of the feel of a closer-knit unit.

Advice to Management

Keep your people and the culture of the business at the centre of everything you do.

Sky Betting & Gaming2019-09-04

"Just the best!"

Current Employee - Service Operations Manager in Leeds, England

I have been working at Sky Betting & Gaming full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great perks, flexible working, good people and decent facilities. First environment I've worked in where praise/ recognition is actively given and encouraged!

Cons

Sometimes the fresh fruit deliveries we get every day have those peaches that have the fuzzy skin on them. I absolutely hate them. Bring back the plums!

Sky Betting & Gaming2019-08-27
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Not bad"

Current Employee - Account Plus in Leeds, England

I have been working at Sky Betting & Gaming full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good atmosphere . Positive attitude

Cons

Working hours, fairness in certain areas

Sky Betting & Gaming2019-08-28
  5. "Great place to work."

Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Leeds, England

I have been working at Sky Betting & Gaming for more than a year

Pros

The people. Great range of tech areas to get involved in. Location. Nice offices. Overall good vibe.

Cons

Got a bit frosty and cliquy after the Stars Group takeover, with certain people being promoted/rewarded beyond their abilities, but that's big companies for you. Not everyone wants to work in online gambling.

Advice to Management

Keep it fun.

Sky Betting & Gaming2019-08-27

"Great place to work and develop your career"

Current Employee - Head of Technology in Leeds, England

I have been working at Sky Betting & Gaming full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people who work in at SBG are essentially what make it what it is, and they are some of the most hard working and talented people in technology in Yorkshire. There are very few places where people have the sort of autonomy over technology and empowerment in ways of working that SBG squads do, and this is the cornerstone of its success and allows the company to get the right things done. Coupled with this the... social calendar is generally packed, with casino nights, the races, and all manners of days and nights out that balance out the hard work.

Cons

Parking is always an issue in Leeds, also finding really good people to bring into the company is always difficult with the standards required, which can limit the opportunities we can go after.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture, take care of people, really focus on picking the key opportunities that deliver value to and take care of customers

Sky Betting & Gaming2019-08-21
  7. "Never stands still"

Current Employee - Head of Technology in Leeds, England

I have been working at Sky Betting & Gaming full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been working at SB&G for over three years. In my time here, I've learnt so much about technology, people and delivery. It's a company that never stands still, always wants to improve and has a great culture. If you are someone who wants to set your own path and isn't afraid to roll your sleeves up then SB&G is a great place to learn and make a difference.

Cons

It's a fast-paced organisation, if you aren't good at context-switching and keeping up with the pace then you may find it a struggle.

Sky Betting & Gaming2019-08-21
  8. "SBG has been a career changing company for me!"

Current Employee - Delivery Director in Leeds, England

I have been working at Sky Betting & Gaming full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Since joining SB&G I've grown so much in my role and been given a career path I didn't know was possible. I've worked with some extremely talented people across all of SBG. Everyone has a real can-do attitude and wants to play a part in solving problems and opportunities in SBG. I've had mentoring from some truly brilliant leaders and also been provided the support of a coach to help me grow as I've progressed... into leadership roles. I've also had the opportunity to mentor others, which is something I've really enjoyed. There is a general desire from everyone in SBG to learn and people are given the time to do that. Prior to joining SBG I wasn't clear on the direction I wanted to go in my career, SBG has helped me guide that and progress in the direction I wanted. From an Agile perspective, we're always trying to improve but it is, without doubt, the most Agile company I've worked in.

Cons

We often try to do a lot of things at once. It's mainly because we're ambitious in what we want to achieve, sometimes we need to improve how we prioritise this.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people and supporting them to grow. Keep driving the innovation and allowing people time to explore new tech, products, opportunities etc. Keep the spirit of the SBG culture - it's very unique!

Sky Betting & Gaming2019-08-20

"n/a"

Former Employee - Undisclosed in Leeds, England

I worked at Sky Betting & Gaming full-time for more than a year

Pros

- If you are starting your career, it is a good place to learn - as long as you land in a team with knowledgable senior members. - Some talented and hard-working colleagues.

Cons

- The company become paralysed after the recent acquisition, a shadow of its former self. - Empty promises regarding opportunities and development. - Promotions only for those playing office politics. - Lots of people slacking off without any consequences.

Advice to Management

- Listen to your employees and cut the constant PR show. If you care where the company is heading, be considerate of your staff.

Sky Betting & Gaming2019-08-30

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Leeds, England

I have been working at Sky Betting & Gaming full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Fantastic office environment purpose built around people + Rewards & recognition + Learning & Development (Ninja Fund of £1000 per person) + Culture. Genuinely great teams & people who want to do the right thing (no office politics) + Flexibility re working hours / remote working + Fast paced environment with loads of opportunities to progress + Good communication for such a large company. Lot's... of ways to find out what's going on in the company & ask questions direct to senior managers.

Cons

- Some uncertainty since acquisition by Stars Group which can be unsettling

Advice to Management

Keep putting people at the centre of everything we do. Happy & engaged people generally do great work.

Sky Betting & Gaming2019-08-16
  11. "Stock Prices Kill Culture"

Former Employee - Product Owner in Leeds, England

I worked at Sky Betting & Gaming full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Generally good colleagues - Young and energetic work force - Regular updates from senior directors

Cons

- Due to rapid expansion, a lot of first time managers are learning on the job - Lack of structure for those looking to progress - After being subject to a big acquisition there's a greater focus on short term targets

Sky Betting & Gaming2019-08-09