Sky Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Sky CEO Jeremy Darroch
Jeremy Darroch

1. Featured Review

"Scrum Master"

Former Employee - Scrum Master in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Scrum Master in London, England (UK)

I worked at Sky (More than 10 years)

Pros

Embracing agile and lean practices across many delivery pipelines. Fostering and promoting innovative and creative agile thinking within practice communities. Supports individuals to reach their potential and be involved in aspirational interests where possible outside of their current role. It's building an motivated culture with great facilities at their West London location and great benefits.

Cons

In some departments there can be many levels of management and some teams can be embedded down in the organisation. There are high levels of performance expected to qualify for end of year awards.

Advice to Management

Recognise the performance of individuals and teams who sustain business as usual activities. There are lots of Sky people who do great and amazing jobs.

Apr 6, 2017 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Hello, thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback and we'll be taking your advice back to the business.

2. "SKY"

Former Employee - Training Delivery Manager in Leeds, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Training Delivery Manager in Leeds, England (UK)

Pros

Great Company,ace benefits, good people

Cons

none a great company that looks after staff and customers

Advice to Management

none

Apr 21, 2017 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Hello, thanks for the 5-star review! We really appreciate your feedback.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Contractor - Technical Test Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Contractor - Technical Test Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Sky as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They make an effort to make Sky a great place to work with subsidised canteen and great coffee available on-site. In addition, if you're lucky to be in one of the newly built / refurbished offices on the Osterley campus then it's a great working environment. The subsidised gym is superb and only £20 per month.

Cons

The location isn't great, being far from central London.

5. "Was an excellent place to work, slowly becoming more corporate"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Sky full-time

Pros

Great team dynamics, flexible working hours. Interesting and engaging work.

Great tech stack, with a CD pipeline and using Heroku to deploy apps. Best place ive worked at in this regard.

Cons

The constant push to "share" and "collaborate" on everything has led to more and more decisions being made outside the team. Some people may see this as a good thing. However seeing the team before and after this collaboration push makes me conclude its a overall negative thing as the team has lost the flexibility it used to have.

As Sky becomes more and more corporate in Leeds I fear the working environment may get worse over time. Especially with Sky tech in Leeds now falling under the CBS management structure (a notorious waterfall area of the business).

Advice to Management

Try and keep whats great about sky tech in leeds and avoid being influenced too much by other areas of the business

Apr 19, 2017 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Hello, thank you for the 4-star review. We value your feedback and will be passing your advice on to the business.

6. "Sky a great company but average wages"

Current Employee - Health and Safety Advisor in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Health and Safety Advisor in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Sky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sky has opportunities at all levels, and lets you take your role where you think it should be

Cons

Pay for some vital roles is below the market value, Sky should reward London staff with a London allowance so they are not living a low standard of living.

Advice to Management

Under Paid for Safety

Apr 13, 2017 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Hi, thanks for the 4-star review! We really appreciate your feedback and will be passing your advice on to the business.

7. "Sales Adviser"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Sky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are great and feel like I started a job now I'm making it a career.

Cons

To be honest if are not driven and a people person. This might not be a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

Provide more opertnitys to work up in to management. Such as more SME and SIM roles.

Apr 13, 2017 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Hello, thanks for the 5-star review. We really value your feedback.

8. "Current employer"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Sky full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pension, paid holidays , free sky , sky shares , friends and family offers , discount, private Health insurance , dentist cover

Cons

Cheap Third parties offers to sky customers, cancellation of contract due to building issues and Bt Openreach engineers . Expensive sports package

Apr 11, 2017 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Hello, we appreciate your feedback, particularly your comments on benefits. We'll be passing your advice on to the business.

9. "Lots of change .. not always for the better"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Livingston, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Livingston, Scotland (UK)

Pros

I worked as a customer advisor in livingston for 2 years, I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent in home move, 5 weeks training before out on the floor, fab team, lovely manager...... then it all
    Changed, home move advisors were to become multi skilled taking all sorts of calls with absolutely no training, tv tech calls, broadband tech - which is ok if you have had training- with no training at all it was extremely difficult - yes there were floor walkers but 2 floor walkers to help out with at least 60 staff taking approx 6 calls per hour from customers with tech issues did not work - I felt so stressed and agitated that I decided to leave, if I had been given adequate training I would probably have enjoyed tv tech as much as I did home move

Cons

Free sky package, lots of lovely people, fantastic company

Advice to Management

Maybe I was just unlucky but having to take tv tech calls without training was absolutely awful - three guys left same week as I did due to this

Apr 24, 2017 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Hello, thanks for providing us with your feedback. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time in home move. We'll pass your feedback and recommendations on to the business.

10. "Great atmosphere and culture"

Former Employee - UI Designer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - UI Designer in London, England (UK)

Pros

Good perks with healthcare, pension, subsidised gym. Although the location is not great they put effort in to the culture.

Cons

The location isn't great. Although they put a lot of effort in to the culture

Apr 11, 2017 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Hello, thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it, particularly your comments on benefits and culture. We'll be passing this feedback on to the business.

11. "Partnership executive"

Current Employee - Partnership Executive in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Partnership Executive in London, England (UK)

Pros

Lots of freebies, tv, shuttle bus to work, lots of opportunities for promotion or change of position, stable job

Cons

Office has no soul, main office is in Middlesex rather than in London, not much social side to the company

Advice to Management

Try to make it a more fun place to work, keep staff Informed of changes that are going to be coming up soon