Sky Zone Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sky Zone CEO Jeff Platt
Jeff Platt

Pros
  • Monday-Thursday you can jump for free, you get discounts, they train you to be a court monitor and a cashier (in 21 reviews)

• Free jump time when not on the clock, occasionally some really interesting and great customers come in, 50% off on concession items (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Kids, long hours, bad management , (in 5 reviews)

• Low pay, crazy kids, bad scheduling (in 5 reviews)

1. "What a Great Job"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Jump, flexible schedule, great people! Great job for students especially! I have been extremely satisfied!! Stay awesome Sky Zone!

Cons

No cons have I found yet!!! This is a great first job! Some days will be busy, but that only adds to the fun!

Advice to Management

Great Job! Keep it up!

2. "Chaotic, unorganized, and poor management."

Former Employee - Events Assistant in Pineville, NC
    Former Employee - Events Assistant in Pineville, NC

I worked at Sky Zone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good if you're in school and/or looking for something part time. Flexible hours. Trading shifts with coworkers is done easily. The 2 owners/managers are extremely hard workers. Mel (one of the 2 owners/managers) is super nice, understanding, and positive.

Cons

Unreliable employees, always calling in at the last minute or not showing up at all. The entire birthday party process is flawed and almost always ends up with annoyed party moms/dads/guests. There is a lot of important information the party parents are supposed to be told when they first book a party such as safety rules, waivers, required socks, added fees payed for at the end of the party, and so on. They train all the event assistants how to book parties differently resulting in confused, mislead, annoyed parents. There's poor staff communication and I saw very few parents who were actually happy with what they paid for. The party packages are EXTREMELY overpriced. One of the 2 owners always seems unpleasant, angry, and negative. The only things he ever said to me were negative and I was honestly kind of hesitant to ask him the simplest of questions.

Advice to Management

Create a script for assistants to read/refer to every time they book a party to ensure all the important details are discussed accurately with the party parent. There needs to be a more uniformed way to inform parents of all the important little details for the expensive party they purchase.

Stop understaffing and get your employees more organized! Parents/guests are frustrated enough by the high prices and all the safety regulations. When there's not enough employees to guide frustrated parents in the right direction, they'll end up leaving dissatisfied and angry.

3. "Communications Agent - Best Job Ever!"

Current Employee - Communications Agent in Fenton, MO
    Current Employee - Communications Agent in Fenton, MO

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible with schedules. As a college student, my manager really does their best to work with me in between my full time education schedule, but also still balancing enough hours at the job! Really laid back environment and everyone is SUPER nice. No strict dress code, just be comfortable but causal and presentable. Small staff within the call center! Work closely with your co-workers. Receive incentives on bookings and add-ons which really adds to your check. The hours are great because they call center closes at 8pm everyday except Sundays, we close at 6! Really no better place to work, with an understanding management staff, relaxed environment, good pay and flexible schedules

Cons

Some days can be VERY slow. Long periods of time that the phones may not ring so you're kind of bored (some people may like this but it makes the day go by so slow) also helpful to try and find other work.

Advice to Management

N/A

5. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - General Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Sky Zone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to mold young staff and watch them succeed. Provides a healthy destination for school field trips and groups.

Cons

This particular franchise has no vision, massive turnover rate, incredible amount of micromanagement. Unwillingness to tailor to community or guest's needs. Zero work/life balance with inconsistent/long/extra hours.

6. "I serve the customers and at the end if the day I count my draw and clean my station."

Current Employee - Cashier in Metairie, LA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Metairie, LA

I have been working at Sky Zone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Monday-Thursday you can jump for free, you get discounts, they train you to be a court monitor and a cashier.

Cons

Help and serve all customers. You have to make sure you count your drawer right and make sure you have no shortage or you get written up.

7. "I've been the GM for 2 of the Sky Zone locations"

Current Employee - General Manager in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Sky Zone full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule and I like coaching and training young team members! This job allows you to be very personable with guest

Cons

Weekend work, sometimes the turn over rate can be high because you are dealing with a lot on 16-17year olds

8. "Highly unorganized"

Former Employee - Rock Climbing Attendant in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Rock Climbing Attendant in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Sky Zone (Less than a year)

Pros

sometimes fun, free jump time

Cons

Highly unorganized, lack of training to employees, little direction, was hired for a position and then told me i wouldn't be working there, no one seems to know whats going on. First day I walked in there was a line at the cash register with no one behind the desk, I had to go get someone cause cashier wasn't my job. "managers" seem like computers that just replay themselves. I could go on.

Advice to Management

Actually train your employees and give direction, shouldn't have to go to a manager every day to find out whats going on. I understand your suppose to interacting with the kids but sometimes its too much, a lot are there with their friends and don't want to be bothered but we are forced to do so. Best to tell employees to interact with the kids they see are not with someone. GET ORGANIZED!!!

9. "Employee"

Current Employee - Employee in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Employee in Canton, OH

Pros

Free jumping for yourself and one other person. Discount food. Chill work environment. Managers are friendly and not too strict.

Cons

Not allowed to work more than 30 hours a week. Customers constantly complaining on how the jump prices are expensive. Workers are sometimes lazy.

Advice to Management

Be more strict with workers. Many of them know they can get away with certain things.

"Court Monitor"

Former Employee - Court Monitor in Pine Brook, NJ
    Former Employee - Court Monitor in Pine Brook, NJ

I worked at Sky Zone part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to jump for free

Cons

When busy it can get difficult to watch over all guests. Kids sometimes don't listen making it aggravating. Have to have a loud voice

11. "lead"

Current Employee - Lead Court Monitor in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Lead Court Monitor in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Sky Zone part-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun and energetic environment. most people are fun to work with and relaxed.

Cons

too relaxed, hours arent great and owners are stingy on paying labor which hurts customer service. Customers dont understand safety rules

Advice to Management

work on better hours and not just hiring who ever walks in the door but kids who actually want to work and dont be too easy to where employees abuse the privilages.