Skyline Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Sales team"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Skyline Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great customers who continue to buy the product. The best Sales Director I have ever worked for. The Sales teams all help each other and collectively have some of the best sales management experience on record.

Cons

Never have enough parts or product. Poor lead times and the health insurance is worse than Obamacare. Building is dilapidated

Advice to Management

Take notice of your employees accomplishments and be engaged in the wins, not just the losses.

"Skyline Products Inc. Review"

I worked at Skyline Products full-time

Pros

Some good, smart, earnest, conscientious employees have come and worked hard to help the organization succeed. It has been a pleasure to have worked with them.

Cons

High turnover, short-term outlook toward employees and customers (no sustained commitment), micro-managed, and non-responsive to current market (customer) requirements.

3. "Great Team- Great Manager"

I have been working at Skyline Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work on a team with a lot of experience, people with integrity, and work hard. Manger-awesome manager- would follow her anywhere!

Cons

Insurance is expensive, building is old, IT equipment is old as dirt.

Advice to Management

Remember that without the people there is no company. Find a way to get decent benefits.

"Same Old..."

I worked at Skyline Products full-time

Pros

A pay check for now

Cons

Lipstick on a pig. HR will write a response to tell you how great everything is. It's not. Nothing has changed. The positive reviews are "plants" by HR, negative ones real. If you leave they will lie about you for reference checks. There is a whole community of people that have left that continue to have pain from the place. Customers call old employees to find out what is going on. A mess.

Advice to Management

None - you wouldn't listen anyway.

"Awful Company"

I worked at Skyline Products full-time

Pros

You get paid on time.

Cons

Everything about this company. The lies HR tells, I would be weary about what they say on reference checks also. This company is just awful. Look at the turnover, look at the reputation. The way this company handles itself really attributes to its reputation in the market.

Advice to Management

Stop lying.

"Lack of leadership"

I worked at Skyline Products full-time

Pros

Only reason to work here is for a paycheck.

Cons

Toxic atmosphere. No direction for the company. Complete lack of leadership from the top.

Apr 24, 2017 – HR Manager

Skyline has made major changes this year and they have proven to be very positive.

"Taking a once vibrant company into the ditch."

I worked at Skyline Products full-time

Pros

Some great people work here, and work hard at keeping each other from going insane

Cons

Employees have little value to the ownership of this company, and morale speaks volumes about that. Ideas are stifled, blame is incorrectly placed, support for positive change is shut down at every turn. Benefits are a joke, health insurance is beyond the standard outrageous of other companies. Salaries are below average. Basic inventory to build product and serve customers is always short causing a constantly late fulfillment and a constant line of apology. Customers are done a favor by the opportunity to do business here they just don't realize it. Customers are pesky and don't do business the way their told. The result, customers leave.

Advice to Management

Strategic vision has unattainable goals, and any support to reach them is consistently pulled, yet blame always goes where it doesn't belong. All the responsibility to achieve, none of the support or trust to allow that to happen, and plenty of blame when it doesn't. Advice? Realize you may not be cut out for what's required to run this company, yet you hire people who are then run them off in short order. Get out of the way and trust your best people. With two great markets, it's glaringly obvious why this company struggles when it should have blown it's competitors out of the water and should be one of the best manufacturing companies in the city. Sad.

Apr 24, 2017 – HR Manager

Skyline is moving forward and has taken notice of the changes that needed to be made. We appreciate the positive employees that are interested in moving forward and working toward a common goal as... More

"I loved the company and it could have been so much better..."

Former Employee - Senior Firmware Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Firmware Engineer

I worked at Skyline Products part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people--aside from upper management, interesting work, unique exposure to certain public sectors, and initially decent pay.

Cons

This company is bleeding. A dying predator, though not apex, it sucks in those looking for work, drains them, and discards them. This may sound generic, disgruntled ex-employee rant, but I actually like the place, enjoyed working there and, really, only left because of a better offer to work and live somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Stop. As in: stop managing. For the sake of your people, and as an appeal to what humanity you have left, just sell.

Apr 24, 2017 – HR Manager

We have a great team at Skyline. Skyline strives to be the best in the industry and we value our employees. We offer competitive pay and benefits.

"Great workers. Poor management."

I worked at Skyline Products full-time

Pros

Co workers pull together to help each other out. Flexibility in job structure.

Cons

Low pay. Poor benefits. Serious management issues.

Apr 24, 2017 – HR Manager

We have a great team at Skyline that is able to work together to get the job done, in a professional and positive manner. The changes that have been made recently have proven to be very positive... More

"Wow...."

I worked at Skyline Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Excellent past company reputation before current CEO leadership change
    - Decent pay compared to competition
    - Great workers in the trenches getting the job done no matter how poorly planned or scheduled the resources may be
    - Company retirement plan is pretty positive

Cons

- Toxic working environment
    - Horrible parts availability for production or customer service order needs
    - Horrible employee morale
    - Senior management level turn over and lack of constructive leadership from above is spectacular
    - Laying off people right and left and lots leaving on their own due to many issues
    - Large group layoffs happening over the last couple years are eating away at the employee morale
    - Horrible medical benefits package - lowest cost to the company and highest cost possible to the employees.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to another firm with the necessary resources to lead the company out of the hole it's in before it's too late. The reviews are correct and the responses by HR are fluff. Even that person has left the company. Doesn't that tell you anything?

Compliment and reward those people getting the job done. Talk the employees regularly, not through useless HR employee group talks where nothing gets done. Give quarterly senior level management presentation town hall meetings where you share the vision and direction of the company to the employees. Give them hope for the future and respect of open disclosure regardless the situation.

Apr 24, 2017 – HR Manager

Skyline strives to be the best in the industry. We pay competitive wages and have a complete benefits package. Unfortunately in business, there are times when a layoff is necessary. However, we at... More