Skyline Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chip Stadjuhar

"Great Friendly People, Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivables Assistant/Administrative Assistant in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Skyline Products (Less than a year)

Pros

Though I have only been working here for a little over 4 months, I have seen tremendous change in the work environment, for the better. All my coworkers carry a positive and optimistic attitudes all 5 days of the week. They are happy to help whenever needed. Being less experience and being out of college for a year and a half, I have learned so much from each one of my coworkers. Skyline Products has allowed me to be my cheerful self and to be confident in my work. Not only is it great in my department but when ever I go to other departments, everyone is so friendly and helpful especially when I do not know where I am going. Everyone works as a team to get the job done with perfection. Working with the people in the admin building has been a pleasure. They know how to have a great laugh, yet when they are working, they hold themselves to the highest standard with the most respect for their coworkers, vendors, customers and possible new hires. The HR does a great job with the department managers to hiring those that would be a great fit for their team and I would definitely recommend putting in a application today!

Cons

There really isn't any Cons. From my college years from being out of college, this has been the best job so far that I have worked at.

Advice to Management

You are on your way to success, keep on the road and it will be even better.

"A Textbook Failing Company"

I have been working at Skyline Products full-time

Pros

Pros at this place? You'd be pressed to find a decent lukewarm comment from an employee. The only good thing about this place is what everyone else on here has been saying: employees under director level. Even then, you still find quite a few snakes within the ranks.

Cons

Everything about this place is a con. The trashy old buildings. The old equipment. The company atmosphere. The pay. The CEO. The HR department. The employees who say one thing to your face, then say another thing over email in a "gotcha" way to make you look bad to supervisors. Name something at Skyline, and it is a con.

Advice to Management

Stop being snakes and stabbing your own people in the back. Stop acting like you are doing us employees a favor by employing us. We offer skills that are valuable. You need us, just as much as we need you.

Apr 24, 2017 – HR Manager

Skyline has made some major changes this year and it has proven to be very positive. Hopefully if you are a current employee, you feel that with the changes, you feel comfortable enough to address ... More

"Toxic Environment - Listen to the Reviews!"

Former Employee - Sales Support Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Support Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Skyline Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of my fellow co-workers at the time were very nice. As the other reviews here point out, the people below the positions of management, for the most part, are very hard working, and very good people. Like everywhere you go, of course, there are the bad apples, the kind of people you just stay away from.

You can also get good experience from this company if you are interested in LED signs. This company is a major competitor in that field, so there is a lot to learn here albeit the training program is terrible.

The salary here is pretty good, though don't expect to be able to negotiate effectively though when an offer comes.

Cons

Now that I've listed all the pros I could think of, now I would like to share all the negatives I have experienced from this company. Let's start off with the Human Resources department. When I first was a potential candidate to work at Skyline Products, the Human Resources manager was very rude to me, and was of little help during the negotiating period. This ticked me off, but I just brushed it off and thought nothing of it. This should have been the biggest, and only red flag that should have made me run the opposite direction to find another job. As the others have said on here, I also never felt comfortable going to Human Resources to report problems, as there were many. I did feel as if I did have a problem to report and went to Human Resources to report it, there would have been reprimands towards me. I feel as if there is not an open door policy, but the human resources manger will likely comment on this review like the others and just tell me that I am misguided and wrong.

Next, a lot of the management at this company is either toxic, clueless, or both. My training consisted of me staring at a computer screen for a couple of hours, then signing off on a paper confirming I have been "trained." My coworkers at the time always told me that Skyline has a bad training program and you need to train yourself. This is very true, it is just unfortunate for the people who have had no experience in the field and are expected to be rock stars right out of the gate. Also, a supervisor of mine gave me increasingly positive feedback of my performance just for Human Resources to say the opposite, then proceed to can me. This shows that Skyline lacks honesty, organization, professionalism, and integrity. The blame game here is very strong. Management screws up majorly on something, and they look for someone to blame. A huge project fails terribly, and management points out small things employees are doing to try and boost their hurt egos. It is very demoralizing to see all of this. It creates fear.

Also, be careful of what you do and say here. Most of the people at Skyline are good and hardworking. Though, some scrutinize your every move and snoop around your personal space. It sometimes felt like "Big Brother" was watching.

To say that this environment is hostile or toxic is a great understatement. I have never been in such a work environment as this. A good majority of the employees at Skyline have a bad habit of speaking ill behind one another. To disagree with a fellow coworker is only expected in any work place, but to snuff out private information and entirely destroy a person's image is a whole other thing. It was hard for me to trust many people at this work because so many of them lacked integrity behind closed doors. I was hoping that there would be more pride in professionalism and team cooperation.

To conclude, there is not much good to say about Skyline. It is a very toxic work environment to be in. There is a lot of micromanagement that goes on. Not a lot of trust, either... A lot of backstabbing, a lot of turn over. The list goes on and on. It is truly sickening. I am grateful for the experience I got here, but am happy to have packed my bags and left for another company!

Advice to Management

Be straightforward with your employees. Do not lie and contradict one another. If you have an honest problem with an employee, tell them the real reason instead of lying about it. Take a look around you, and take an honest look at your company. There is a reason why you are losing business to competitors, as well as demoralized employees.

Dec 16, 2016 – HR Manager

Skyline Products has an Open Door Policy and if there are concerns with the hiring process or with any process; management would like to hear about the concerns to make changes. Blogging should be ... More

"Source of ongoing problems found at the top"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Great industry to work in.

Cons

- CEO has run a thriving business into the ground over the last 5 years and is blind to his contribution to the problem.
    - The culture that disseminates from the top does not value people and is driven by fear.
    - The CEO micromanages every aspect of the business yet provides no strategic leadership.

"Human Resources Point of View regarding all the Negative Blogs"

Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Skyline Products (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am currently the Director of Human Resources at Skyline Products and have been following Glassdoor since the blogs have started. I am concerned that ex-employees who were removed from employment with our company for poor attitudes and performance will be setting the stage for what Skyline truly stands for in our community. We don't look to hide things or be dishonest with our employees. We are trying to create a place where people love to work and provide opportunities for growth with a competitive salary. I (HR) and our CEO want people to discuss their concerns before they leave the company and we provide exit interviews for employees who leave on good terms to provide us with this information. We do have open door policies but do expect that current employees share their concerns with their supervisors first to determine if they can assist and to keep them involved in finding resolution. We don't make decisions based on rumors but on facts based on investigations if needed. Skyline is a place that is ever changing and has grown in a positive fashion. I (HR) want people to want to work for Skyline because it is a good place, with good people, is positive environment, and provides competitive wages. Please don’t make your determination regarding employment with our company based on negative opinions from ex-employees who would not utilize our open door policy to help create the positive change.

Cons

There are not any cons working with Skyline.

"Don't work here"

Former Employee - Electrical Assembly in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Electrical Assembly in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Skyline Products full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

consistant work. High turnover rate means you get to meet a variety of new people on a pretty regular basis

Cons

Management doesn't really care about the employees. No annual reviews to go over your performance. Atmosphere is basically if you don't like it leave. Insurance is a joke extremely expensive.

Advice to Management

Take into consideration the hard work that people put into your company . give them more incentive to stay. That way you might keep more good people

Sep 26, 2016 – HR Manager

Skyline Products has periodic reviews and ensures all employees are competitively paid. Human Resources has an open door policy and would love to hear from employees with concerns.

"AVOID unless you are depirate"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Divide, CO
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Divide, CO

I worked at Skyline Products (More than a year)

Pros

Good application ... ok tools....good people on production floor

Cons

NO SUPPORT .... lousy pay and benefits.... treated like object

Sep 26, 2016 – HR Manager

Skyline Products has an open door policy and values all employee's opinions. Human Resources would love to hear these opinions in order to assist.

"Sales Coordinator"

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Skyline Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the last manufactures in Colorado Springs

Cons

Management does not empower their employees. The President of the company signs off on dollar purchase orders.
    The owners do not invest back into the company. The buildings are old, they have the original carpet (which have never been cleaned) since the 70's.
    High premiums and deductibles for health insurance.
    No 401k

Sep 26, 2016 – HR Manager

Skyline Products has come a long way since the inception of the company. It has invested in company improvements over the last 5 years to include new offices. We value employee feedback and have an ... More

"On the way out"

Former Employee - Sales in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Skyline Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people...until you get to director level and above.

Cons

Where to start. No morale throughout. Product is outdated. Too expensive. No processes. Over 50 people laid off since August. This is not a place for a career. Owner of the company bases decisions on market trends from 20 years ago. Refuses to accept reality and sacks people who say otherwise. Shame as some great people work here but won't have a job to go to soon as the infighting, politics and improving competitor performance drives them into the ground.

Advice to Management

Sell up, give a forward thinking individual or group the chance to pull this back from the brim. I left this company on great terms, but I left because if I stayed I wouldn't have had a job in 6 months. If you want a quick buck, here's the place to go. If you want a career....keep searching.

Sep 26, 2016 – HR Manager

Skyline's first priority is it's employees; we have an open door policy and would like for employees to utilize this benefit.

"Top Level Management Needs to Change"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Skyline Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product, and some great people work here.

Cons

CEO will not make decisions to help the company grow. He gets in his own way and has no idea how to value his people. There is a rotating door , and people do not stay here due to the terrible culture and bad environment.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hire and that work for you.

Mar 30, 2016 – HR Manager

Skyline Products has a very strong leadership team starting with our CEO/President. He has an open door policy and has everyone's best interest at heart. He would be willing to listen to any ... More