Skyline Technology Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Brian Holsonbake

"Technical Account Manager"

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Glen Burnie, MD
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Glen Burnie, MD

I have been working at Skyline Technology Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Skyline's main goal is to enrich the lives of its employees, customers and anyone else it encounters, and it succeeds. I have been at a lot of good companies that say they care about their employees but really care about the bottom line first and employees are at the most 4th in line on the priority. Skyline is a great company that put employees first. Skyline has a very unique culture and you have to be willing to really look at yourself and be self aware. You need to have the drive to change yourself for the better in everything your do. When you become a better person the company become a better company. There are some very negative reviews here about Skyline, that is because those people we not able to take a look inside and accept help to become better. If you are willing to take a deep look at yourself, strive to be the best person you can be and take real feedback from your peers, Skyline is the place for you. I have recommended Skyline to a friend and a family member, both now work here and love it.

Cons

Skyline has grown rather quickly and is in a constant state of change. If you are the type of person that likes everything to be status quo you will not like Skyline.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Wierdos"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Glen Burnie, MD
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Glen Burnie, MD

I worked at Skyline Technology Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are nice
    Gain experience
    New tech

Cons

Complete weirdos, if you like to reveal everything about yourself to these nosy weirdos and psychologically destroy yourself then this is the place for you. THE ABSOLUTE WEIRDEST people on the planet. It feels like a south park episode.

Advice to Management

get a life

"Very real!"

Current Employee - Manager in Glen Burnie, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Glen Burnie, MD

I have been working at Skyline Technology Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Committed to helping you grow. Good benefits. Gives back to the community. Lots of opportunity for those who are motivated. Great atmosphere.

Cons

If you have no motivation, this is not the place for you. Pay is average. Lacks structure in some areas.

Advice to Management

None

"Network Administrator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Pros

Great atmosphere and amazing people to work with! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. One of the best work environments that I had the pleasure of experiencing.

Cons

Very unstructured (not micromanaged) work environment, so not good for someone that needs a ton of structure.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, you've got something special going on!

"Current Employee - who is ashamed to read some of these terrible reviews about such great people."

Current Employee - Security Analyst Tier II in Glen Burnie, MD
    Current Employee - Security Analyst Tier II in Glen Burnie, MD

I have been working at Skyline Technology Solutions full-time

Pros

This company spends so much time and effort into what they believe. There are unwanted politics within every company and place of business but THIS company truly tries and attempts to bring ALL of its employees to their full potential. The benefits are good, the people are kind, 90% with great intentions. A few bad apples (like the ones who lie in some of the posts I've read). I have never worked for a company like this one. I was skeptical even, at first, but after working here, working hard, and excelling on my own and with the help they have provided - the journey is 100% in your hands and Skyline gives you every option to have all you could desire! They want respectable, hard-working individuals that are not afraid of change and challenge and the ability to drive themselves.. IF YOUR NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE, you're right, you probably wont fit in here and maybe that is for the best. I truly believe ANYONE that has worked for Skyline that knows, TONY, BOB, PETE, BRIAN, and his wife JANICE (especially with the Humanitarian committee and all that they have done) have poured blood, sweat and tears into this place making it all it can be and will be. It is a growing company and they are trying to find their own way through the process while growing the individuals who choose to grow with them, if you are not in it for the long all, then take the advice, the classes and listen to what they have to say. If anyone knows Skyline, the ONLY time someone could truly have something terrible to say is if something personally affected them in a negative way and they refused to use communication to discuss and work it out (which is highly recommended here). This is not a normal company, sometimes they will push you out of your comfort zone, but it is for your own personal benefit - I only speak from my personal experience. I have seen people rise (including myself), and I have also seen people fall here. Skyline has given people multiple chances more than any company I have ever seen, to learn from your mistakes and become a better person because of them. I couldn't ask for anything more in a work place than what I have here at Skyline.

Cons

The pay is a little below average. I looked at some of the numbers on here and it seems as though people have highly over exaggerated. They do not pay 35% below the average. They are about 10-15% below average... BUT with all the added benefits and reimbursements, it does equal out and employees would actually be surprised how much money they put into each and every one of us. The 3-5% annual raise could be a little higher but like I said, they make up for everything in various and multiple other areas. Keep doing what you are doing!

Advice to Management

Thank you Brian, Janice, Tony, Pete, Bob & Loretta, and my direct bosses Chip and Jeff. NO ONE is perfect, but the heart you all put into this company is worth all of it. It hurt my feelings to read some of these reviews on here, I guess there are always a few bad apples that ruin the bunch. I just want you all to know how much you are appreciated on an everyday basis. A lot of us do not tell you enough. Thank you, I will forever be grateful of my Skyline family no matter how long my time is here, but I plan to ride the waves as long as they have my best interest at hand - I do not see that ending any time soon. Keep pushing us to be all that we can be, and do not get upset or caught up over some of our losses. Communication is key here, if anyone doesn't like something that goes on in this company you have let us all be aware that we have a voice and we control our future and our stay here. Thank you for giving us that voice.

"Won't pay for quality"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Skyline Technology Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Time off policy. Benefits are OK

Cons

Pay people what they are worth. If you want to grow you need to hire quality people, and that costs something. Don't shame them into accepting an offer 25% below what they are worth. Then tell them that SOMEDAY they will be rewarded. When you are making 50% on a hourly rate - you can afford to hire some good people

Advice to Management

Find a way to look inside yourself and reward people. If you want quality you need to pay for it. You want people to give - how about giving back. Not promise something that may never come to pass.

"Work Toward Reaching Your Full Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

I have been working at Skyline Technology Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Skyline puts a lot of time and energy into developing each and every individual in order to reach their full potential. Skyline encourages employees to operate outside of their comfort zone in order to achieve this goal. Skyline values their employees self development more than bottom dollar results. You must be ready to grow and learn to be successful in your employment with Skyline. This is a place for people who are ready to be accountable for where they are and where they want to go. Skyline encourages people who are ready to accept challenges. Skyline also values giving back to our surrounding communities.....This is a core value of our company. Our values & behaviors are strong and each employee is expected to add to the entire team through Interdependence. I am encouraged to give both feedback and re-directs in the moment in a way that benefits our relationships.

Cons

If you are not ready to accept responsibility for your decisions, then this is not the place for you. If you are not ready to work on the things that are holding you back from reaching your full potential both at work and home, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Wow! Keep up your good work. I have been transformed by the time that Skyline has invested in me.

"Full Potential NONSENSE"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Glen Burnie, MD
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Glen Burnie, MD

Pros

.....Thinking seriously still thinking......really hard to find????

Cons

Ok J the previous poster or should I say poser.Skyline does not pay 10% - 15% less they pay 25% les than the industry standard as they told me so at my interview.The way this place works is all the magic is in the interview process....They will look and search and look for the perfect candidate 1 who is desperate and intelligent. That mix excites the people who hire because they can get that smart person at a tremendous discount.Now we have all been there years of experience paid ur dues.....but just cannot find the right position maybe it has happened to us all at 1 point or another.That is when Skyline will sucker you in with a really bad offer way less than your worth and with bills pilling up you say YES JUST LIKE I DID.You see I figured this out because of the high turnover I seen while working there and the rumblings from the other employees.FULL POTENTIAL what does how i interact with my family in my private time have an effect on my pay and also how i am look at at work well Skyline Thinks so and think they will not try and pull this stuff out here is the trick."How things at home this week" u say Perfect overbearing MGT and they say come on nothing is perfect did u yell at your wife,kurt with your children,run a red light?????and your left standing there like this cant be real right but it is this place is a complete con and shame game.They will pay a seasoned employee the same rate they made out of high school terrible.Also there is absolutely no diversity the "EXECUTIVE TEAM" LOLOL joke believe me not one brown,Latin or Asian face and I am a white MALE and it bothered me.This place is garbage if you work here get the little knowledge they got to offer and get off that sinking ship.

Advice to Management

Clean your own house before slamming your employees.

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good management and leadership. Great training and development programs

Cons

need to continually perform SWAT analysis to stay o top of things

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Product Manager"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Glen Burnie, MD
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Glen Burnie, MD

I worked at Skyline Technology Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture, fosters personal growth

Cons

My position no longer in business plan